Texas Hunting Forum

Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters

Posted By: BIGTEN 155 7/8

Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 12:41 AM

Thinking about doing some hog hunts with North Texas Hog Hunters and asking for some feedback on them. Spoke with Monte at length and he seems like a straight up nice guy. Like to see what ya'll have to share about him and his outfit.
Posted By: B Calvert

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 01:57 AM

Great guy I went once with a buddy in the military. We had a great time and got one hog.
Posted By: Jhop

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 02:21 AM

I've gone with him on several different type deals. Couple to shoot hogs and couple to catch hogs. They weren't all successful, but I had fun on everyone and would do them all over again.
Posted By: RiverRider

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 04:10 AM

Monty's definitely a good guy and you'll never have to wonder if he's being straight up with you. I've hunted with him once we have another hunt in the works real soon, and I'll tell anyone we had a great time. But here's the real testimony: I've talked to Monty's son, i think he's a out nine years old maybe, face to face but briefly---and it only took me about 30 seconds to realize I was talking to a boy who's being raised right. It takes a good man to raise a good boy.

I'll vouch for Monty any time.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: RiverRider
Monty's definitely a good guy and you'll never have to wonder if he's being straight up with you. I've hunted with him once we have another hunt in the works real soon, and I'll tell anyone we had a great time. But here's the real testimony: I've talked to Monty's son, i think he's a out nine years old maybe, face to face but briefly---and it only took me about 30 seconds to realize I was talking to a boy who's being raised right. It takes a good man to raise a good boy.

I'll vouch for Monty any time.
Took the words out of my mouth! Monty is a stand up guy. That boy is tougher than most men I know!!
Posted By: Jhop

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/22/12 02:06 PM

Monty's boy is a real hoot! Lol My 19 year old son said he's a cool kid.
Posted By: M Bennet

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/23/12 01:19 AM

thanks guys for saying all these nice thangs about me and my boy
Posted By: dw87

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/23/12 01:42 AM

Monty is a good guy. Have known him for some time. Good to his word. P.S. see if Tony will let you bring the hoe to arkansas and do some work for me.
Posted By: M Bennet

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/23/12 02:08 AM

i dont no if he would but id come. dale hope you and yur mom and wife are doing good and had a good thanksgiving,p.s hope deer season been good to you
Posted By: Cast

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/24/12 03:10 PM

Well in response to this 'Throw Monte under the bus thread' I gotta say that I've been out to his place a couple of times and been among his family and his dogs. You can tell by hanging with his great kids what kinda dad he is, and I can tell by hanging with his dogs what kinda man he is.

But I ain't gonna tell ya. Figure it out by yourself while we're out hunting and having a blast.
Posted By: BIGTEN 155 7/8

Re: Hunting With Monte of North Texas Hog Hunters - 11/25/12 04:32 PM

Ruffled your feathers huh? Just did what Monte suggested I do and that was ask what you guys thought of him. If you read the initial post I said I had spent some time on the telephone with him and thought he sounded really genuine. I'll be spending some time with him when I get back from Kansas , Thank you all for your input but I kinda knew the responses I was gonna get and I was right on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum