Texas Hunting Forum

motion sensor hog light

Posted By: spartanhunter

motion sensor hog light - 11/11/12 04:35 PM

Anyone know of a motion sensor hog light to go on the feeder?
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/12/12 03:51 PM

There are a few out there, but don't expect too much light out of them. The nature of the sensors lend themselves to being restricted to mostly low voltage/wattage lights. Our R&D guys are working on that right now, but utility patent restrictions make it a slow process. Just remember that when it comes to lighting, you pretty much get what you pay for. Best of luck.
Posted By: Terri's Great Outdoors

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 01:30 AM

i have one that puts out alot of light. and have patent. pm me for details if you want one.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 06:24 AM

Do you have both the design and utility patents? What are the numbers? Since i own an r&d and lighting company I like reading the applications and technical paperwork of other patents. Since you live in Eastland, we need to get together for some coffee and talk some shop.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 12:48 PM

I have a Mr. Beams spotlight that runs on 3 D cells with motion sensor that works well.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beams-Wireless-...am+motion+light
Posted By: pafree

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy

I have a Mr. Beams spotlight that runs on 3 D cells with motion sensor that works well.

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beams-Wireless-...am+motion+light

how far does the motion sensor reach out? i have been using the Dorcy ceiling lights under the feeder but looking for something to mount higher up on the feeder for the dark spots away from the feeder.

dorcy light:

http://www.amazon.com/Dorcy-41-1073-Wire...06&sr=8-118
Posted By: EastTexasHag

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 05:40 PM

I just ordered this light. I believe it said the sensor worked out to 30 ft. Can't wait to see how it works.
Posted By: Mopar 512

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/13/12 11:43 PM

WGI moonshine feeder light.
Posted By: Sw0970

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/24/12 03:26 AM

I use one of these and it provides enough light to shoot from my blind 110 yards away at night. You can put red or green cellophane over the light or just leave it it lights up the entire area. I put mine up by bolting it to a small small t-post its been out on the ranch now 3 months no issue. For 40 bucks it puts off way more light than one of those moonshine lights and has greater coverage.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200478116_200478116
Posted By: Emil

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/25/12 03:26 PM

cool idea
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: motion sensor hog light - 11/25/12 05:22 PM

Yeah, I went to hobby lobby and purchased a package of colored transparencies for $6 that including red, amber, green, and blue. I found a double thickness of red works very well. It tones down the light quite a bit and one transparency probably has enough area to cover 30 lenses with a double thickness.

I cut a small rectangle, fold it over, trim to round the edge, and place it inside between the LED and the lens, tacking the corners with super glue to hold it in place. Works great.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/08/12 03:13 AM

TAG
Posted By: centexrancher

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/16/12 04:11 AM

I've put Moonshine feeder lights on two different feeders. They have a built in motion detector that appears good out to 20 feet or so. Each has 3 adjustable LED lights and come with green, blue or red filters. With the green or blue filters they still put out enough light to take a shot from 50 yards out. They run on 6 volt batteries and have very long battery life if you hook them to a south facing 6 volt solar panel. Total investment with the solar panel and 6 volt feeder battery is around $80 each. The Moonshine units by themselves are $49.95 at Gander Mountain and Cabelas, and a little less on amazon.com.
Posted By: centexrancher

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/16/12 04:14 AM

By the way, the hogs and coons aren't spooked by the Moonshine lights at all.
Posted By: Revoman

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/16/12 03:56 PM

I have been looking at motion sensor lights at Lowes. I like the idea of solar recharged battery system. Currently trying the directional driveay spotlights and flag light. I like the flag light with the gooseneck arm. It just dosn't throw enough light. May need 4 of them on the feeder. I'm also looking into a motion alarm system to notify me when critters hit the feeder at night. Hogs are hitting fairly regular and hanging out at the feeder 45 min to 1.5 hours. Gives me plenty of time to sneak down to the feeder with AR topped Kill Light.
Posted By: World Predator Hog Expo

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/19/12 06:16 PM

hoginator17.com check it out cool concept and design.
Posted By: ccrock

Re: motion sensor hog light - 12/19/12 08:40 PM

I bought one of these

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2765001/1

The mounting is weak but I used hose clamps and mounted it to the varmint cage and zip tied the solar panel on. So far it has been awesome.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum