Texas Hunting Forum

Hog gun light

Posted By: bowassin

Hog gun light - 06/16/12 09:08 AM

I bought a red Chinese scope mount light from a guy on here a few months back for $60 and would like to get another could you pm me please

Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Hog gun light - 06/16/12 05:09 PM

PM sent

Posted By: Bill Story Jr

Re: Hog gun light - 06/16/12 09:41 PM

How do hogs react when getting hit with the red or green light?

Posted By: TxHogHunterTx

Re: Hog gun light - 06/17/12 03:20 AM

I'm not sure as of the light the OP is talking about, but I have used my red spot light for tons of hogs and other critters and haven't spooked any yet. the best the thing to do is shine well above them. the glow from the light will light up there eyes but your not shining it directly at them. so they don't run. at least not the ones I have spot lighted.

Posted By: stxhunter

Re: Hog gun light - 06/17/12 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill Story Jr

It really depends on the hogs and how sensitive they are. For the most success it's important to start with your beam high in the tree line above where you think the hogs may be, then slowly bring the beam down to where they may be hanging out.

Posted By: Duswill

Re: Hog gun light - 06/19/12 01:01 PM

We have good luck with the red lens.

Posted By: Rob M

Re: Hog gun light - 06/19/12 03:08 PM

I light them up with my green one with no problem. They dont even know its on them.

Posted By: artrios60

Re: Hog gun light - 06/21/12 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: stxhunter
Originally Posted By: Bill Story Jr

It really depends on the hogs and how sensitive they are. For the most success it's important to start with your beam high in the tree line above where you think the hogs may be, then slowly bring the beam down to where they may be hanging out.

This is very effective

Posted By: bowassin

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 04:54 AM

I've had them spook with both... But I was watching them too long and eventually I think they see there own shadow and spook.... You just get the light on them and squeeze they hit the dirt

Posted By: maxscm

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 12:05 PM

The XLR250 KillLight Green works very good.

Posted By: toddjohnson

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51

This

Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 02:29 PM

I paid $85 for my UltraFire Laser(including shipping), and get about 300-350 yds. I am so happy with it that I am going to become a US distributor.

Posted By: ProneOutfitters

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 03:10 PM

The video "P.O 6-23 hog kills video" is almost all with a red lens. Everything at night is red lens. It's like 20-25 threads below this one right now.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...deo#Post3333893

Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ProneOutfitters
The video "P.O 6-23 hog kills video" is almost all with a red lens. Everything at night is red lens. It's like 20-25 threads below this one right now.

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...deo#Post3333893

RIGHT ON MAN!!! Very cool.

Posted By: CoolBarrelBill

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51

Love mine

Posted By: MGS82

Re: Hog gun light - 07/06/12 10:57 PM

I know I have had yotes walk within 10ft of me with my green XLR250. I think they would have crawled in my lap if I would not have shot them. My 12 year old daughter gets a little jittery when they start getting within rock throwing distance. Funny story but for another thread...

Posted By: Ryan81

Re: Hog gun light - 07/07/12 01:04 AM

Got my Elusive Wildlife Kill Light XLR 250 today in red light. Had a tough time choosing between red and green. Decided to go with red. Will be testing it out tomorrow for the first time.

Here it is pictured on my AR to see how small it is. I was very surprised to see how compact it is.

Posted By: maxscm

Re: Hog gun light - 07/07/12 01:18 AM

Put a green on for shooting and have a red for scanning by hand.

Posted By: cloudnine

Re: Hog gun light - 07/07/12 04:54 PM

Hogzilla Lights, last day of our 15% off sale too. Green is my favorite by far.

Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Hog gun light - 07/08/12 02:57 AM

I have an Elusive Wildlife xl100 (red) and on the high beam they've spooked at times, but overall it's a great product.

Joe

Posted By: GriffGruff78

Re: Hog gun light - 07/09/12 04:57 AM

I illuminated a sow Friday night with my Coast LED Lenser from about 182 yards at 9:24 PM. There was still some ambient light, but it was too dark to shoot unaided.

Plain, white CREE LED. Flipped it on, drew down from treetop level onto the pig, settled over my scope, deep breath in, half of it out, squeeze the trigger and MISS. I think I pierced its ears. Squealing, running like hell with the butt tucked, no blood whatsoever after following the game trail it took off on for 200 yards or so.

It wasn't an illumination problem, anyway. It was either the 3 MOA spec on the M855 I was shooting or, just maybe, it was a problem with the S.O.B. pulling the trigger.

(A quick and dirty 10 shot group the next day with a solid rest held all ten within a grapefruit sized circle, so it probably wasn't the m855)

Posted By: Hogfather

Re: Hog gun light - 07/09/12 06:06 PM

I have the ND3 green laser light. SOme hogs have taken off as soon as it hits them and others have not been bothered by it. Lately I have been doing like other said. I turn it on above them and slowly bring it down on them and the results have been a lot better.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum