Texas Hunting Forum

Bullfrogs

Posted By: Crawdad

Bullfrogs - 06/11/12 02:59 AM

Does anyone know where you can find bullfrogs around Collin County anymore? Used to be a ton. Had a craving for some legs the other day and have found the frogs are hiding pretty good (by that I mean gone). I live around Lake Lavon and have a bunch of tanks on our property. None have big bulls though. I'd appreciate anyone's help. I really want to get some frogs.

Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/12/12 02:45 AM

confused2 Last year's drought may have got them or made it easier for something else to get them.

Posted By: Crawdad

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/12/12 01:39 PM

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of. Noticed there has been a steady decline the past 6 years. Now I'm out of spots. Really need to find a lake or hole close to home. Also running out of giggin buddies.

Posted By: BFord

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/12/12 05:12 PM

Second that! I remeber going as a kid and coming home with 5 gallon buckets full, man thats some good eating!! I havent seen any that size in years, would love to find some again.

Posted By: dtalley

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/12/12 07:31 PM

our place in the Hill Country hasn't had any eating size bullfrogs in a long time. This year I have nabbed 3 so far and they were BIG.. I keep stacking them in the freezer until I get enough for a meal... Sorry we are not anywhere close to Collin County though.

Posted By: Mberet

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/14/12 04:32 AM

Originally Posted By: BFord
Second that! I remeber going as a kid and coming home with 5 gallon buckets full, man thats some good eating!! I havent seen any that size in years, would love to find some again.

Same here

Posted By: jdw

Re: Bullfrogs - 06/14/12 05:09 AM

I could have sworn someone mentioned a spot that use to have bullfrogs on this thread but now its been deleted.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum