Texas Hunting Forum

Cut by a hog

Posted By: JThoele

Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 11:07 AM

Has anyone on here ever been cut by a hog? I have had them charge and have been tree'd a few times and was even tackled once when a a small one rushed from some bushes and took my feet out from under me, but I have never been actually attacked or injured by a hog. It would be interesting to hear stories or see pics of someone that has.

Posted By: watchale

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 11:19 AM

I know a guy that got his leg ripped up pretty bad. His dog was getting ripped up & he tried to save it. The dog died and he got a serious rip from his calf to right above his knee cap.

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 02:34 PM

check out U-tube their might be some on their.. thinken most hog attacks are whin wounded one gets cornered.. do know that if ya get close enough ta sleeping hogs in the woods & ya start barking like dog, pig's fly.. rofl got a video.. back

Posted By: EastTexP

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 02:59 PM

had a friend of mine got his hand bit by a big old sow one time, he had some puncture wounds and broke all the bones across the back of his hand, and sprained his wrist real bad trying to get away from her. Not getting cut I know but it was still a nasty looking wound.

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 03:44 PM

I saw a guy in the ER once that had the back of his leg gashed open real bad

Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 03:57 PM

Read Homer. Odyesseus gets gored in the leg by a boar if I remember everything correctly. Even back in the 6th to 7th century BC there were stories of people getting cut! smile

Posted By: M Bennet

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 04:03 PM

iv gotten cut and you wont even feel it right when it happens

Posted By: SwampHunterFw

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/06/12 08:49 PM

i have had my finger bit , an my pants riped but havent got cut yet , i kno a few people that got it pretty good

Posted By: Ern3st

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/07/12 06:18 AM

I had a friend get stuck in the hand once. He got a pretty nasty lymph node infection. Looked like he had a baseball in the side of his neck till it finally ruptured.

Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/07/12 10:11 PM

Ny Uncle John lost his thumb to a big boar, but he was raising them and got careless while feeding. Don't guess that counts.

Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/08/12 11:39 AM

I've never been cut (knock on wood) but I used to hunt with a guy that got cut several times on his legs. A friend of mine that I'm hunting with right now got bit in the shin by a sow & she broke his dang leg....latched on to his shin & started chomping, broke the bone in several places......he was wearing shorts too so wound was pretty nasty.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/08/12 04:51 PM

A guy I was running dogs with got nicked in the hand... had a scratch like you get when you pull off an old scab.... swole up like a baloon that night. The bacteria is the worst part.

Posted By: SATX

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/08/12 05:05 PM

Look here for a few nasty pics.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274370&highlight=graphic

Posted By: Vern1

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/09/12 01:59 PM

Been lucky so far.

Have a cousin who took a green horn friend hunting for pigs.
They walked up on a group of sows with piglets.

My cousin was quick enough to get up the tree but his friend wasn't....
After shooting all the ammo they had and still spending about a hour up in the tree and using his belt for a tourniquet he spent a few hours in ER getting 154 stitches in his left calf.

Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/09/12 05:30 PM

whin ya go hog hunten, it's a jungle out their.. muyloco

Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Cut by a hog - 05/09/12 07:09 PM

Piglets can be dangerous. Whole mess of them attack like killer bees. smile

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum