Texas Hunting Forum

Need some reports on East Texas Hogs

Posted By: Art Wallace

Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/30/12 11:37 PM

Anyone out in East Texas got some reports on how the hog situation is out there? I'll be headed out to Shelby County to shoot some hogs in mid April. Thanks!

Posted By: HunterCW

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 01:54 AM

Is that a serious question?......Im just kidding always plenty of hogs in East Texas!

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 02:05 AM

So far, I'm hearin the same thing! LOL. Thanks.

Posted By: pafree

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 02:39 AM

bring your rubber boots. the drought hasn't made it here yet.

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 02:55 AM

We are still killin them just north of there, in Panola Co.

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 03:16 AM

Nice. I'll be headed out to Smith County and Shelby County for some pigs...I'll have two Full Size Traps and of course do a bit of Stalk and Shoot...

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 07:59 PM

Reports are they've been staying in the fields after daylight and hitting them again between 8:30-10 at night.

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 03/31/12 11:26 PM

Yeah, a lot of the land that I will be huntin on has pastureland. I'm wanting to hunt them a little during the day if I can and hit them as hard as possible at night. I'll have the use of traps, but we'll have to do as much stalk and shoot as possible along with the traps. I appreciate the report.

Posted By: East texas deer hunter

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/01/12 02:36 AM

West part of Jasper ,plenty of hogs 10:00 PM untill 2:00 am they are eating corn again. Have trapped a few last 2 weeks

Posted By: mikeydon

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/01/12 02:43 AM

I don't know about shelby county,But in wood county they are a pain in the arse here.I see trapper's every day with 3 or 4 in trailer's going some where.If your going to smith county holler,There's a boy on my crew that catch's by hand ALIVE with dog's,I might can hook you up with him.

Posted By: Big Orn

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/01/12 02:45 AM

Bowie and Cass counties are about the same - right at daylight they hit the fields and roadsides. Then come out about midnight and hang around the feeders and root around edge of the forests.

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/01/12 04:07 AM

Mikeydon, that would be awesome! I have my hands on a lil bit of property in Smith County, but I think the landowner don't want no dogs on the property for some reason. I'll find out.

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/01/12 11:38 PM

Plenty of pigs in Cherokee, Nacogdoches, and Anglina Cts..

Posted By: cheaphoghunts.com

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/10/12 02:11 PM

Plenty of pigs in south west Rusk county. Just spooked and wary to come in to feeders, but they are there.

Posted By: swmays

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/10/12 03:15 PM

slight chance of hogs in the morning hours. Decreasesing during the day. Overnight chance of hogs high to probable. Probability decreasesing again after sunrise...

Posted By: tperry

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/12/12 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: swmays
slight chance of hogs in the morning hours. Decreasesing during the day. Overnight chance of hogs high to probable. Probability decreasesing again after sunrise...

Hmmm.. then I guess the hogs on my brothers land are blind and can't see the sun! eek
Checked the camera on one of the "popular" feeders and on 04/10/12 at 9'ish and then on 04/11/12 around noon there were 25-30 hogs & shoats munching away at the special treat poured over corn i buried (corn with a special mixture of soured buttermilk, powdered tropical punch, cocoa, powdered milk, a few cans of old condensed milk that were soured, shredded coconut, and a few other things - simmered in a pot over low heat for about 30 minutes). They were having themselves a right good old time chowing down. In fact, they rooted 75 yards to either side of the feeder along the fence row where it was buried - looking for more I guess. laugh

Posted By: swmays

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/13/12 03:05 AM

up

Posted By: blubrrykush

Re: Need some reports on East Texas Hogs - 04/14/12 02:33 AM

plenty of bacon on hoof up here in hopkins county!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum