Texas Hunting Forum

TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP

Posted By: Clay Reid

TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/09/11 11:50 AM

Get your game faces on and country gathered up because its just around the corner . Big Coyote this year will pay 1000$ The Texas Coyote Calling Championship
The contest will be on January 13th ,14th ,15th 2012 in Archer City Texas .
Agenda - Sign up on Friday the 13th at the Archer City Shooting Sports Complex between 6pm and 8pm . Rules will be read after all entrys have been entered .
Hunt starts at daylight Saturday morning of the 14th. and will end at checkin time of 3pm Sunday the 15th .
If you do not turn your card in by 3 pm . you will be disqualified .
This is a daylight only hunt . You must quit hunting Saturday night when you cannot see without the aid of a light .
This is a Coyote only hunt . This hunt has a 12 Coyote limit .
In case of a tie when you tag your last Coyote you must record the time you tagged it and whoever killed their last coyote 1st will be declared the winner .
All winners will be given a polygraph .
This hunt will payout 100% and will pay 3 places .
Entry fee for the hunt is 200$ per team .
This is a 2-man hunt . You may hunt with just 1 person but no more than 2 per team .
Team members must stay together during calling .
You May not shoot out of a moving vehicle .
You may not shoot from a public road .
You may not add weight to any animal .
No pooling of animals .
All animals must be called in .
ATVs are allowed .
If you cant make it to the sign in we will take mail in entries . Mail ins must be received before Wednesday Jan. 11th . Send to Clay Reid PO. box 1345 Archer City Texas 76351 .
For more information call Clay Reid @ 940-631-8820 . All decisions are final

Posted By: thefish

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/09/11 01:03 PM

I like the rules of this comp......

It eliminates the guys just shining open country.

Posted By: cattle69

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/10/11 03:48 AM

Great guy that runs the contest, need more like him! Only problem is Texas may not be big enough for more than 1 Clay Reid!

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/10/11 08:03 PM

HAHAHA Thanks See you in January . Looks to be a biggee this year got a buddy that has some connections with Cabelas and going to see what he can do for us this year . Already got several Sponsorships thus far .
Mossy Oak Realtors ...Seven-Bar outfitters ...Persimmon Springs Outfitters ...Archer feed ...Wildcat Cafe to name a few .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/22/11 09:49 PM

TTT

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/23/11 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By: cattle69
Great guy that runs the contest, need more like him! Only problem is Texas may not be big enough for more than 1 Clay Reid!
rofl

Posted By: truenorthoutdoors_tx

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/23/11 07:34 PM

Whats the reasoning behind no night hunting?

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/23/11 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: truenorth08
Whats the reasoning behind no night hunting?

Makes it harder. Kind of puts a limit on the land needed, they do not need a million acres to hunt which equalizes the playing field for those that have less land to hunt on. This way it makes it a contest between hunters, not the amount of land they have access to.

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/24/11 12:32 AM

Well said Dogcatcher . This is also how the World Championships run their contest {other than the limit }and was keeping it in line with a more championship format . Theres plenty of night hunts to go to and for the months of january , february and march most are in one every weekend so its nice to get a break when you can .
I do love my night hunts but there are some very good hunters out there that are getting older and may not have the stamina they once had to go 38 hours without sleep as well as I like it for the younger kids to get in it without fear of them falling asleep at the wheel in the night .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 01:48 AM

Sponsor list. Mossy oak realtors , 7-ranch Outfitters , Persimmon Springs Outfitters , Tj Shockler Hand Calls , Archer Feed, Wildcat Cafe , Tubing Testers , Griffin Equine and cattle , Park Tank Trucks . Few more waiting for verification . Thanks to all these guys .

Posted By: westtx_coyotehunter

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 01:59 AM

We will be there Mr.Reid, rifle

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 05:34 AM

What kind of turnout are you expecting, Clay?

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 12:56 PM

looks like its gonna be my biggest ever . With putting the mail in entries back in it has opened up alot of oppurtunities for a bunch of guys around the state . I was a dumb butt for taking it out last year . paid out almost 8000$ last year . looking to get up to ten this year . got almost 1000$ in door prizes already .
I knew I could count on the DOGCATCHER to put in as always he will be at the sign in selling calls and has donated as well .
Ill be there Westtex so everybody can whoop up on me again . Bring your A game though cuz I aint scared LOL
The weigh in and polygraph will be supervised by our Local game wardens . Their easily bought though so might wanna bring extra cash . LOL

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 12:57 PM

for those attending the sign in please remember will will be serving brisket and beans and drawing for door prizes at the sign in .

Posted By: truenorthoutdoors_tx

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/27/11 08:22 PM

That makes sense, kinda like the idea once it was presented like that...

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/28/11 04:46 AM

I have hunted this tournament before and I have to say it is my favorite. It is real hunting, you have to wear camo and get out of the truck!

If you ever wanted to do a tournament and all you have is a lease or two this is the tournament to try and not loose sleep!

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/30/11 02:02 AM

Heres a new twist . It looks like we may have an awesome turnout . If we have over 50 teams wich seems like a very doable deal . I might have a TOP GUN award . A rifle given to the individual who takes down the most animals .
What do yall think about this ?
50 teams would be 10,000 dollars
Take out 500$ for poly
1000$ for big coyote
700$ for the gun .
That leaves 7800$ split that 50-30-20 1st 2nd and 3rd .
Thats 3900 for 1st ..2340$ for 2nd 1560 for 3rd .
I also need to add that 18 and under will be 50$ a man entry fee . Forgot to put that on the rules .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/30/11 02:04 AM

Thanks for the kind words Brother in law .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/30/11 02:05 AM

Drawing for door prizes will take place at 8 pm by the way .

Posted By: Holland

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/31/11 01:34 AM

Has Ed Jordan Checked in yet?

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/31/11 11:56 AM

Nohe has not . I havent checked my mail yet though .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/31/11 08:07 PM

Alright guys its official . We will have a Trammels Gunsmith Shop "Top Gun award " given to the individual who guns down the most Coyotes in the competition . Jon Trammel will be posting a picture of the rifle to be given away . A Remington model 7 camo predator 22.250 I think is the gun to be given away

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 12/31/11 10:43 PM

rifle chomping at the bits.rifle

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/01/12 10:33 PM

If anyone has calls that need a new reed, bring them to the sign in on Friday, I plan on being there by 6PM. I will bring my reed kit, and you can choose and pick what reed you want installed.

Posted By: cattle69

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/02/12 05:30 AM

Good for Trammel, best gun smith I know and one of the best mouth callers around!

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/02/12 09:35 PM

I agree good guy who does great work . If you need a gun done hes your man .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/03/12 03:58 AM

Well just spoke with two teams from sterling City . That makes 50 that I have spoken to in the last few days that are coming . Cant wait .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/04/12 05:09 AM

We plan on being there Friday afternoon. up

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/04/12 12:29 PM

Spoke with 3 more team yesterday . see ya there Marvin .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/05/12 11:11 PM

Up to 60 teams now .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/07/12 07:32 AM

This looks like it will be some good money. up

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/07/12 11:18 AM

67 now .

Posted By: Kyle Johnson

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/09/12 05:10 PM

Sounds like it's gonna be a good one Clay!

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/09/12 05:55 PM

If anyone has some old duck calls they no longer want to use as a duck call, bring them to the sign up on Friday, and I will see what I can do to make them into first rate predator distress calls.

Posted By: rackjudge

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/09/12 07:31 PM

Clay,

You should have my money in tomorrows mail. I overnighted, gauranteed to be in your P.O. Box before 3pm Tuesday January 10.

Thanks,

Barrett

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/09/12 09:08 PM

Good deal The mail ins are coming in rapidly .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/10/12 01:08 AM

mailed ours today! rifle

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/10/12 02:36 AM

Had lots of calls today about more entries . i was gonna be happy with 40 now im rooting for 80 . with 70 teams thats 14000$ worth of prize money . Kucheeng !!

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/11/12 01:08 PM

Texas Coyote Calling Championships 2012 hosted by none other than Clay "Cool Breeze " Reid is this weekend in Archer City . The best of the best Coyote callers will be put their best effort out their to win 14000$ in prize money . Teams from Pilot Point to Pecos To Waco to Wellington To Muleshoe to San Angelo . Good luck to all but I hope you get second . LOL

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/13/12 04:10 AM

See everyone at the sign up, we should be there about 5 or 5:30. Good luck to all.

Posted By: rackjudge

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/13/12 04:44 AM

Where is the shooting sports complex in archer city?

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/13/12 05:09 AM

It is on the west side of town, if you pull up a Google map you will see Carver lake. In town off of highway 79 you take W S street going west, cross over the dam and follow the caliche road. You will see a large building at the end of the road. That is the place. Good Luck!

Add, on the southwest corner of highway 79 and W S street is a huge house, it is an old mansion that has been restored, head west on W S street.

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/13/12 12:10 PM

Head west on South street off of 79 and it will take you onto the lake dam all the way around to the Shhooting complex . I will have a sign up at the turn on 79 .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/14/12 08:44 PM

Anyone hear how many teams signed up?

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/14/12 08:48 PM

I was there at the sign in, last I heard there were 80 teams.

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/14/12 08:51 PM

Good for Clay shows how good of a hunt he puts on. Maybe a good sign for the Graham hunt.

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/16/12 03:18 AM

Any word on who won?

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/16/12 11:48 AM

Well we were a long way from 80 teams but it was a great hunt just the same .
Nathan Spencer and Jake Quine are the new Texas Coyote Calling Champions . They brought in 10 coyotes and several broken bones and a few knots on the head after wrecking their razor ATV at 55 mph on day one .
They won 3350$
Second place was 9 dogs winning 2010$
3rd place was Felie Arizola and Joe Ross Jamison with 8 dogs winning 1340$
Mitch Mclemore (my teammate) won the TopGun award . He killed 6 coyotes and won a Remington Model 7 22.250 .
A big thank you to all that came . I hope yall enjoyed it as much as I . Thanks Dogcatcher for coming and keeping everyone loaded with your great calls . Thanks Jon Trammell for bringing the Remington rifle for the Top gun award .
Thnks Abby Abernathey and Lynn Schroeder for running check in for me so that I could keep searching for that 8th dog .
Thanks to Kelly Reid ( my wife ) for cooking the beans and brisket and getting everything set up and giving me my allowance allowing me to be able to hunt .
Thanks to TJ SHOCKLER predator calls , Justin Rusk and Park Tank Trucks , Matt Mclemore , Archer Feed store , Griffin Eguine and cattle , and anyone else for helping me in anyway .

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/16/12 04:58 PM

We enjoyed it and plan on doing it again next year. She said she wanted to go back to the bookstore. LOL

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: TEXAS COYOTE CALLING CHAMPIONSHIP - 01/16/12 09:02 PM

Dam. Sounds like a good time. I'd like to here more info on Mitch's shooting and some details on the RZR wreck.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum