Texas Hunting Forum

Blowgun Hunting

Posted By: Real World Outdoors

Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 04:51 AM

The other day i bought a blowgun. Well tonight there was a frog in the dogs water bowl well needles to say i got with the dart add a pic soon.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 04:51 AM

worthless

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 05:00 AM

forgot to add anybody else play around with a blowgun

Posted By: SowHntr

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 12:22 PM

You been watching relentless pursuit? That's some neat stuff. He shot and killed a spring buck with one on this weeks episode. I never have, we used them to play darts on a dart board. Fun stuff.

Posted By: djones

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 01:38 PM

You'll put your eye out!!!!!

Posted By: Rob M

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 02:53 PM

When I lived in NC I had a ferrel cat that lived under my shed. I shot it from about 30 ft away and never saw it again, so I assume it died.

Posted By: Brewboy

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/17/11 11:58 PM

Way back in 1983, me and a buddy bought a couple of blow guns at a gunshow out in San Angelo. After practicing a bit on card board boxes and knocking pin pong balls around the room, we decided to go hunting.

We took rabbits and bob white quail with them but soon decided it just wasn't effecient enough for us.

We went back to using shotguns. Those blue quail wouldn't sit for us.

Posted By: 223camp

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 12:34 AM

PICS!!!!!!!
BTW, Blowguns are the best for frog huntin!

Posted By: Fat Cat

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 12:36 AM

I chased my cousin around the house with one when I was younger. He ran in the room and shut the door. I shot the door (a hollow bed room door) and the needle went through and hit his hand!

Posted By: Jordanp252

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 02:15 AM

Blowguns are fun to frog hunt with.

I started shooting frogs with my bow lately

Posted By: Knightdiscshooter

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 03:34 AM

Whats next a blowgun for hogs? LOL! Now that might be fun

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 04:03 AM

sorry cant figure out the how to do the pic thing.

Posted By: txmudder

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 04:33 AM

I know I have a couple of dart guns in the closet somewhere. I am going to have to pull them out and go frog hunting!

Posted By: Hunter30

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 05:35 AM

I bought one of the blowguns you see on relEntlesd pursuit from cold steel and love it. My 4 year old daughter loves it also so I bought her a small caliber one. I have shot a couple of things with it and can't wait for it to cool off so I can try it out on some other game. It is a ton of fun to shoot.

http://www.coldsteelarizona.com/Category/6-big-bore-blowguns.aspx

Posted By: 223camp

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 05:51 AM

BAHAHA
I just ordered a five foot pro series blow dart gun.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 06:01 AM

we usually kill dem with a machete!!

Posted By: Critter Getter

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/18/11 12:28 PM

Used to ride around town on our lunch break in high school and squirrel hunt with a blowgun. Sad thing is this isnt the dumbest thing we used to do.

Posted By: Chris Hall

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/26/11 05:11 AM

I do a little blowgun killin, i've seen on other forums that people kill yotes and coons with their blowguns!! i bet you could put a 30 or 40lb hog down.

Posted By: jdrepcrw

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/26/11 03:35 PM

Those blowguns are a blast i let my sis shoot me n the a@$ with a dart from about 20ft after she stuck it in the wall a lil bit, needless to say it went further in the a@$ lol even the lil paint balls u can get for them are fun.I like to shoot frogs and mosquitos with em.

Posted By: Tactical Cowboy

Re: Blowgun Hunting - 08/27/11 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Fat Cat
I chased my cousin around the house with one when I was younger. He ran in the room and shut the door. I shot the door (a hollow bed room door) and the needle went through and hit his hand!

Now that is funny!!!!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum