Texas Hunting Forum

electronic callers ??

Posted By: 686ppp

electronic callers ?? - 08/04/11 05:15 PM

Looking into buying one. How many calls do you use? Looks like 100-300 may take too long to search to find the one your wanting. But will 25 be enough. Had decent luck with calls on my phone and amped speaker just wanting to get a remote and some distance.

Thanks

Posted By: westtx_coyotehunter

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/05/11 01:07 AM

johnny stewart PM4 is affordable, but i dont use it as much as mouth calls...johnny stewart in my opinion is better than all the others .. the only other call out there just as equal is burnham brothers..both are pioneers of calling

Posted By: big-tex

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/05/11 04:36 AM

you probably want to use it for about 30 min and move to another spot. Rabbit in distress works well. Use it away from your self as animals will concentrate on sound source, if you are in same place as sound you are giving away your location and greater chance of being spoted by predator.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/05/11 05:21 AM

is there any for android amigos!!!

Posted By: 686ppp

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/05/11 12:18 PM

Im using an andriod. save the calls just like you would do with music. make a seperate playlist so your calls dont play with your music. and found some free calls on the net most of them were short 20-30 sec. Got battery powered speakers from Radio Shack. search for free predator calls several sites will show up.

Posted By: big-tex

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/05/11 01:46 PM

I hear Bobcats respond well to jazz music and yotes to rap rofl

Posted By: barnez

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/06/11 07:21 AM

fox pro spitfire is hard to beat, comes w/ 24 sounds

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/06/11 04:49 PM

Amigo

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/07/11 02:59 AM

Ive got a fox-pro scorpion that seems to do the trick pretty well.

Posted By: Critter Getter

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/07/11 03:38 AM

I cant speak for anything else but the foxpro spitfire was the best investment ive made for hunting. Lots of good times and trophy's since I bought it. Thinking about upgrading to one of their higher end calls this season.

Posted By: dk5265

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/07/11 04:16 AM

Can't go wrong with a foxpro. Great customer service too.

Posted By: Tex Hunts

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/11/11 05:47 PM

Foxpro is the way to go. Just save up and buy a good one and you'll never want another call again. I've got the fury and love it. Customer service is awesome as well.

Posted By: lmmj

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/12/11 04:32 PM

I have a Burnham Brothers Compucaller III and it works good. I have gotten out of Varmint hunting and have the call listed under the Hunting Classifieds for sell/trade.

Posted By: COWDOG

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/12/11 04:38 PM

you will find that these 300+ sound callers are touch much. In other word you will have you favorite go to sound.
I have a fox pro and I only use 2-3 calls.

Foxpro is the way to go and best quality out there IMO

Posted By: grimm22

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/12/11 05:46 PM

foxpro spitfire not many sounds but will get the job done

Posted By: Kawabuggy

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/12/11 06:53 PM

I just bought a Foxpro Spitfire from Academy. I had been wanting an electronic caller, and asked what they had in stock at Academy. The only one he had left was the Spitfire. He said they sold out of the Spitfires very quickly. I went ahead and got it.

My first trip out I was using the rabbit in distress call. I tried 4 different spots staying about 10 minutes at each location. I was sure to sit down-wind and completely camo'ed out even with my face & hands covered. Unfortunately I did not see anything. I did have a bunch of crows come dive-bombing in so the sounds must be realistic enough to have fooled a crow.

I'll keep trying it out to see what I can get to come in. So far, I'm really pleased with the wireless remote feature, and it has very good range.

Posted By: Tek

Re: electronic callers ?? - 08/13/11 07:00 AM

I bought the FoxPro Scorpion... Nice compact caller with plenty of calls on it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum