Texas Hunting Forum

hogs in lubbock tx

Posted By: casti

hogs in lubbock tx - 08/02/11 02:26 PM

Does anyone know how the hog hunting in lubbock is??? im going to school at texas tech this semester and im used to hunting, since ive done it for a while now. So im looking for something around the lubbock area to do some hunting since i wont have the chance to be going out to our lease as much since ill be stuck in school!!! any tips/help would be appreciated.. thanks!

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/02/11 03:07 PM

Depot District on weekend nights! Lots of bigguns down there if your buying beer! rofl Really maybe someone will help you out towards the east there should be some hogs to hunt! cheers

Posted By: shootlow

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/02/11 07:03 PM

Rowell
that is wrong in sooooo many ways
but funny

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/03/11 12:24 AM

Originally Posted By: shootlow
Rowell
that is wrong in sooooo many ways
but funny

Yeah but so correct Dale! banana

Posted By: TTUGrad08

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/03/11 02:39 AM

Ha! Stay away from the hogs in LBK, just not necessary to go there in that college town.

But as far a wild pigs are concerned, you will mostly find them around the cap rock and a few random pockets NW of town. I would suggest getting to know the guys chasing the ducks/geese up there. They get to know many good people and spend a lot of hours on the dirt roads. Also, check the local TTHA and DU chapters, some great folk that live and breathe it, in b/n classes of course.

Posted By: mustafa

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/03/11 02:52 AM

i think djones killed them all

Posted By: djones

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/03/11 05:21 AM

I too am trying to find hogs around the Lubbock area. Seems like they have disappeared lately???

Posted By: thewrap

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/03/11 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: casti
Does anyone know how the hog hunting in lubbock is??? im going to school at texas tech this semester and im used to hunting, since ive done it for a while now. So im looking for something around the lubbock area to do some hunting since i wont have the chance to be going out to our lease as much since ill be stuck in school!!! any tips/help would be appreciated.. thanks!

I know there are alot of hogs out towards the caprock canyon area. The lease I'm on out that way I know has lots of hogs in the area. One guy said he saw over 200 hogs in 1 day.
BTW what year are you going into. I start my freshman year in 2 weeks.

Posted By: VanGundy

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/05/11 03:10 PM

i hunted dove in Flodada or however you spell it, and have seen some big @zz hogs that way

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/05/11 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: djones
I too am trying to find hogs around the Lubbock area. Seems like they have disappeared lately???
rofl

Posted By: chaparral05

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/05/11 09:10 PM

If you can find some buddies from the Post area, or up around Matador, there seem to be a good quantity of ferral pigs back to the East either North East or South East. You will most likely have to drive between 45 min and an hour to get to the leases.

Posted By: Mason

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/06/11 03:44 AM

Family has land north of matador in Turkey that I hunt. They have pigs on two but not so much after this drought. They are really scattered but when they find your feed and water it's on. Currently out of the country so I haven't been doing either unfortunately. Still working on getting them back on. Welcome to the red raider family! PM me if you ever need anything bud and get involved with TTHA, there are some good guys in there (including me this coming year, haha).

Posted By: Sabine Bottom Boy

Re: hogs in lubbock tx - 08/10/11 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: djones

LOL good on Djones well starting up on my land again soon good luck to you.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum