Texas Hunting Forum

Heli Hogging

Posted By: RKHarm24

Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 04:58 PM

http://www.vimeo.com/21181307

Sent by a friend.

Quote:
This is a video of hunting feral hogs from a helo in Texas. It must have been made last winter because the wheat is short, green & not up everywhere. There is still some water in the tanks & creeks which is surely non-existent now. The shooter is pretty good. The closest thing I have ever done to this was nearly 50 years ago standing in the back of a pickup shooting rabbits with a Browning auto .22. Bouncing around in the back of a pickup shooting at a running target was a lot of fun, but it was not easy even with a semi-auto! We would have used a shotgun, but .22 shells were a penny a piece and shotgun shells were a dime a piece! Plus the rifle was more fun!

He is correct in that the gestation period for a hog is 3 months, 3 weeks & 3 days, but they don't breed again the same day they are born! They probably wait at least a few days.

The video is about 20 minutes long, but I think if you have ever hunted feral hogs or wanted to this will be enjoyable. Jim

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 05:06 PM

Quote:
The video is about 20 minutes long, but I think if you have ever hunted feral hogs or wanted to this will be enjoyable. Jim

If you got 2K, no problem. eek2

Posted By: RKHarm24

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 05:43 PM

Hey dg, those 20 minutes didn't cost me anything but time....

Still lots of fun watching..

Wished I was flying still more than the actual shooting..

Loved me some fling wing flying...Jeeping with no doors is almost as fun.

Posted By: Ponyboy

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 05:59 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Quote:

It's only 1.2k for 2hrs.

I'll probably go do it soon, gonna try and negotiate a discount though. zoro

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 06:15 PM

great video
thanks for sharing

almost felt like i got to pull the trigger myself

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Ponyboy
Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Quote:

It's only 1.2k for 2hrs.

I'll probably go do it soon, gonna try and negotiate a discount though. zoro

Ya it was 2.5K for 4 hours I think.

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 06:53 PM

Yeah, $600/hr w/ 2hr minimum was what I was quoted. You can kill a lot of hogs in 2hrs out of a helicopter.

Posted By: hrt4me

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 07:03 PM

Nice video

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/24/11 07:26 PM

great video and it looks like fun! unfortuonally might be to expenceve for me but still sounds like fun man!!!

Posted By: big-tex

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/25/11 12:03 AM

Looks like fun, it's not hunting it's mass extermination

Posted By: 512blaster

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/25/11 07:20 AM

gotta get on one of those hunts wonder if anyone is doing them at night yet sounds like fun

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/25/11 12:54 PM

Originally Posted By: 512blaster
gotta get on one of those hunts wonder if anyone is doing them at night yet sounds like fun

Why would you want to do it at night? Harder to see the hogs, much more likely to crash.....there's no advantage to night hunting from a helicopter.

Posted By: Monkee

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/25/11 02:56 PM

AWESOME VIDEO. BUT........... That big hog at the end got it the worst of all. Ouch

Posted By: Believer

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/26/11 11:34 AM

That video is from Dusty at Nueces helicopters. We did an eradication hunt w/ Ted Nugent out there in APR. He killed over 150 but that was an all day affair.

Great folks out at Nueces.

Dave

Posted By: thebowfisher

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/27/11 09:38 PM

Does anyone have the contact info to book one of these hunts?

Posted By: blancobuster

Re: Heli Hogging - 07/28/11 05:24 AM

Government subsidies to let hunters hunt hogs from helicopters would be more beneficial than blowing money on welfare. Those two hours in the heli would save thousands of dollars in damages to many landowners

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum