Texas Hunting Forum

Darn Pigs

Posted By: jaymz

Darn Pigs - 06/27/11 11:41 PM

We haven't had any pigs at our place for over a year. I went out last weekend and checked the camera and this guy showed up. It appears he has been feeding late at night/early morning.

I was gonna try to stay up and stick him, but I kept falling asleep too early (might have had something to do with all the food and beer).

Then Sunday morning I was driving out to a feeder about 8:00 and low and behold, a little 130 lbs or so piggy was just munchin away, didn't even see me. Made some noise trying to find my firearm when I realized I left it at the cabin (aint that always the way?)..

Guess they are back..

I'll be back too.

Posted By: Big.Man

Re: Darn Pigs - 06/28/11 12:04 AM

Nice amigo

Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Darn Pigs - 06/28/11 02:38 AM

They move in and out on our place like that as well.

Posted By: CraftyDingo

Re: Darn Pigs - 07/03/11 08:28 PM

R u looking to get rid of them or just hunt?

Posted By: pafree

Re: Darn Pigs - 07/04/11 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: jaymz

I was gonna try to stay up and stick him, but I kept falling asleep too early (might have had something to do with all the food and beer).

you need a hunter alert system. http://www.hunteralert.com/ they will wake the dead but not scare the pigs. don't ask how that works but it does work.

Posted By: JRK

Re: Darn Pigs - 07/04/11 06:29 AM

I went out with the bow the other night after seeing a boat-load of hogs at the feeder on the game-cam (new lease). Ended up getting winded by a buck while sitting in the popup. Wish now I had setup a separate area with sour corn to pull in and hunt the hogs. That will happen on the next trip.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum