Texas Hunting Forum

HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!!

Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/27/11 09:08 PM

We have had people from all over the country comin' down to hunt pigs lately! Alaska, Massachusetts, and around the DFW area...

Have been pretty sucessful as well!

Thought I'd share a few pictures with ya'll... up

J.J.

Here is the newest one: For his Graduation present he wanted to come to Texas and shoot a hog! (mission accomplished) One happy Alaskan!!

Another Happy Hunter:

Uncle and Nephew from Massachusetts and his first pig! smile

Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/27/11 09:14 PM

That's good fun.

Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/27/11 09:38 PM

Daaaaaaang, Levi got a biggun! up

Posted By: texashoghunter1

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 12:15 AM

Nice!!

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 01:21 AM

Nice slaughter

Posted By: J.R.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 01:33 AM

Where the heck you been, J.J.? Good to see you on here. Tried to reach you via cell @ 10 times earlier this year looking for a hog hunt. Of course, I think that was bird season, so...

You still got a bunch of them?...may be looking for another hunt soon.

J.R.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: J.R.
You still got a bunch of them?...may be looking for another hunt soon.
J.R.

J.R., Good hearin' from ya'! smile

Since ya'll came up I have picked up about 4 new places to hog hunt, and they are covered with them!

Here is a picture of one of them:

I actually have a guy in the stand right now on one place with a 225-250 pound boar that is hittin the feeder every night! I hope he gets on arrow in him this evening...He sent me a text message earlier and said he had 2 turkeys and 3 hogs come by, but not what he was looking for...

Give me a shout and I will get you booked for a hunt! smile

Thanks,

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 04:20 AM

I'll call u tomorrow. I've got a new bow & new AR since I hunted with you last. May want to do something Sat. night. Got any openings that night?

Posted By: Varget 7-08

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 04:34 AM

The last two have great colors, nice kills!

Posted By: amcalister

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 01:06 PM

That first one has a pretty impressive piece of POOP hanging out there.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 04/28/11 07:02 PM

Sounds good J.R.,

Hunter last night had a shot at those three but let them go...had others in the bushes but they didn't play...

I have openings this weekend and next week! up

Few more pics:

4-27:

4-26:

4-25:

If anyone is interested feel free to give me a shout! smile

J.J.

Posted By: EEB

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/01/11 04:03 AM

Looks like a good spot....I need to set up hunt I'm in sherman

Posted By: tth_40

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/01/11 04:48 AM

Very nice!!!! Love to have happy hunters.

Posted By: jwages01

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/02/11 04:49 AM

that hog i got off ytour place last september was a tasty critter. I would like try one of your new places out too.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/02/11 05:53 PM

Ya'll give me a shout...

JR, came out and had 26 hogs come by him...

Momma and 13 piglets, He let her go, and then waited a while...then had a coon come out and he shot it with the bow...Then about an hour later the big "HOG'S" came out...and they were all over 100 pounds, several pushin' over 200!! He was about to let an arrow go and they came across the coon, and squealled and ran... bang

I have openings this week if anyone is interested! Have several properties that are producing very well right now! smile

Give me a shout if you are interested! smile

J.J.

Posted By: Capt. Andrew

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/02/11 06:33 PM

dam only if you were around my area!

Posted By: MVILL

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/07/11 07:45 AM

Very nice hogs. Looks like they had a blast

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/09/11 10:16 PM

Had a hunter come in from Kansas and had twenty pigs come in on him...He dropped a 150 Pound Boar. There was a 300+ pounder in the bunch but he didn't have a clear shot on it!

This is the HAWG he took:

Had a Couple (man/girlfriend) come up this weekend and had 15 come to the feeder and he opened up on them with the AR but didn't hit any of them? scratch

Got Jeremy head up here Thursday with his kiddo, think I'm going to have him go after these dudes:

Another pic of them:

See you when you get up here Jeremy! smile

J.J.

Posted By: T Bone

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 12:13 AM

Y'all been tearing 'em up J.J.! My wife and I need to get back up there and get after them hogs..

Posted By: BTL

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 02:39 PM

Quote:
Had a Couple (man/girlfriend) come up this weekend and had 15 come to the feeder and he opened up on them with the AR but didn't hit any of them?

That's funny! I bet she was really impressed.

How much are hog hunts? Have you seen any boars with nice cutters?

Posted By: TooLow

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: amcalister
That first one has a pretty impressive piece of POOP hanging out there.

X2

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: BTL

There have been a few taken with some decent cutters...but nothing crazy...

I have a few pictures where you can clearly see the cutters from the game camera...

Only problem is that they seem to elude being shot! confused2

I charge $125 for a hunt. Holler if you are intersted. I am only 40 minutes up 289 from ya'! up

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Y'all been tearing 'em up J.J.! My wife and I need to get back up there and get after them hogs..

Travis, you and Mindy need to make it back up here!

Tell her I said hello! smile

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: WhiskeyandMe

I have a few pictures where you can clearly see the cutters from the game camera...

I charge $125 for a hunt. Holler if you are intersted. I am only 40 minutes up 289 from ya'! up

J.J.

Actually 5 days out of the week you're about 20min from me because I'm a Sherman native and still work up there. I'm really a duck hunter, but all this hog hunting stuff looks like a lot of fun!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/10/11 11:35 PM

J.J.

Actually 5 days out of the week you're about 20min from me because I'm a Sherman native and still work up there. I'm really a duck hunter, but all this hog hunting stuff looks like a lot of fun!

Then there is no reason not to get a hunt in! smile

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/13/11 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: jwages01
that hog i got off ytour place last september was a tasty critter. I would like try one of your new places out too.

It was good to see you again last night Jeremy!! up Also nice to meet your oldest boy Zachery!!!

Hope you liked one of the new properties... smile

I set Jeremy and Zach up in the base of a tripod blind and built a make shift brush blind around the base.

They had 15 pigs come in at roughly 8:00 maybe a little before...He picked out the biggest of the group, and one shot dropped her with a head shot. rifle

Perfect eatin' sized 102 pound sow... food

Great to see the kiddos gettin' in the field!! clap

Hope to see you in the near future with that other boy of yours...

J.J.

I think the faces tell the story! grin

Posted By: otsego44

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/13/11 05:33 PM

That's a graduation present to be proud of. Congrats..

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/13/11 10:31 PM

JJ thanks again for making it special for my son and me. Dinner tonight is the back strap. Not only will I bring my son back but I will also bring my little tom boy too. I have never seen that many hogs in the day light before and that set up was perfect. My son who was shy of killing animals talked the whole way home about getting his own rifle and taking the hunters education course.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/15/11 10:53 PM

JJ thanks again for making it special for my son and me...I have never seen that many hogs in the day light before and that set up was perfect.

Your Welcome!! welcome I enjoyed ya'll coming up! up

My son who was shy of killing animals talked the whole way home about getting his own rifle and taking the hunters education course.

Absolutely AWESOME!!!! banana

It was cool watchin' him get right in there and help clean the pig!! grin

Talk to ya' soon!

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/15/11 11:20 PM

Had three more hunters come up last night...All of them had hogs come in on them!! up

Justin from Celeste, Tx shot his first pig, (but it ran on him and we couldn't find it last night) confused2

I went back this morning and took my dog and we found it fairly easy in the day light...(it had run in some thick brush and hid in a creek bottom)

Nice 85+/- Sow!
Congrat's Justin!!

Here is a pic of me and the pig:

Still got plenty of hogs running around over here! up

Give me a shout if your interested!! grin

J.J.

Posted By: R.M.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/16/11 03:11 PM

Where are you hunting??

Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/16/11 04:00 PM

don't kill all the dang hogs before Friday! wink

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/16/11 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: rjm007
Where are you hunting??

Near Pottsboro, TX (Lake Texoma)

Roughly 40 Minutes North of Frisco. up

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/16/11 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rob Lay
don't kill all the dang hogs before Friday! wink

We'll save a few for ya'll!! up

Rob thanks for the video you took the other evening:

Some piglets and coons that came to eat...

(Rob was waiting on the big ones in the bush to come out and play!) up

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/17/11 12:32 PM

Took this pic while driving around filling feeders yesterday...

Couple of Coyotes playin' with field mice...

This pic we took about a month ago...(pretty cool lookin)

thought I would share, up

J.J.

(BTW, Bolt Guy, sent you a pm back!! smile )

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/18/11 02:26 PM

189 Game Cam pic's in ONE NIGHT!!!!!! slinger

Here are a few...

Started with these guys:

That didn't last long...Cause these dudes ran them out...
(few decent sized boars)

Then it went down hill from there!!!!!! popcorn

Check out Big Mama!!

There was a 350 pounder taken from this property last fall...I image there is another one in the 100+ pigs that were in there last night!

Next week have some openings, so holler if you are interested! up

J.J.

Posted By: TooLow

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/18/11 02:34 PM

Cool pics. Knock those piggies down.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/18/11 09:49 PM

I will be looking for that big boy rifle

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/19/11 08:39 PM

Had another THF'r come up last night and shoot a 200+ boar, and a 120 +/- boar...both ran on him...

Found the smaller boar this morning, seemed the yote's thought he was good eatin'!! up

Trying to download the pic, when I do I will post it.

Rob, Bill and Company see ya'll tomorrow!

(BTW, just picked up 1 mile more of property that borders the Refuge)

Things are lookin' bad for the piggies! rifle

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/20/11 09:53 PM

Bolt Guy, and Rob Lay are on their way up here...with some of their friends, looks like it is going to be a bad day to be a pig! up

J.J.

Couple more pic's one of my game cameras took!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/21/11 06:59 PM

Well, with the river's rising and everything flooding yesterday we gave it our best effort...

Fields were not drivable to get to most places, and the creeks swollen that it actually waterlogged my truck crossing one!! scratch

So I made due with what I could...

Well, "Bolt Guy" and his Daughter "Summer" I couldn't get to any of my blinds that I wanted to take them to, so I told them I would put them next to a combine in a wheatfield and have them sit next to it, and wait for the pigs to come out...

Well, 30 minutes later, I got the Text message: "PIG DOWN!!"

Check out Ms. Summer's First hog!!!! And what a hog it is!!!!!

(she shot it at roughly 8:15, But we weren't able to get it till after dark with the four wheeler)

They had 3 other groups of pigs come into the field and Bolt Guy took a couple shots at them, but didn't connect as well as his daughter could! grin

CONGRAT'S TO THIS CUTE LITTLE GIRL!!!
(Congrat's Summer!!) up

Summer and Dad with the Hawg in the field:

Summer with the hawg on the trailer:

Now to show how big this dude actually was!!
(She executed a perfect head shot with her .243, not bad for a 9 Year old Young Lady) rifle

Still got openings this next week, give me a shout if you are interested! smile

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/24/11 04:37 PM

Had Ed (ZenArchery) come out last night to do some video and check out properties...

We parked in a wheatfield to see if anything moved after dark...

Let's just say that He found "BIG Pappa"

Nice Boar from last night:

Took another picture this morning in the daylight...(check out all the battle wounds from fighting other Hogs!!!) duel

Lookin' forward to the 10 guys coming up tonight to hunt! Should be fun! up

J.J.

Posted By: Art Wallace

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/24/11 05:12 PM

Man, I'd love to come and hunt at your place! I get back from Afghanistan around 6 June and would like to see what you might have available for June and what your rates are. PM me with some info if you get a chance. I'd want to hunt overnight. Thanks.

Art

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/24/11 07:14 PM

Sounds good Art, I'll give you a shout! up

J.J.

Posted By: WEBBYODER

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/25/11 08:44 PM

Well, with the river's rising and everything flooding yesterday we gave it our best effort...

Fields were not drivable to get to most places, and the creeks swollen that it actually waterlogged my truck crossing one!! scratch

So I made due with what I could...

Well, "Bolt Guy" and his Daughter "Summer" I couldn't get to any of my blinds that I wanted to take them to, so I told them I would put them next to a combine in a wheatfield and have them sit next to it, and wait for the pigs to come out...

Well, 30 minutes later, I got the Text message: "PIG DOWN!!"

Check out Ms. Summer's First hog!!!! And what a hog it is!!!!!

(she shot it at roughly 8:15, But we weren't able to get it till after dark with the four wheeler)

They had 3 other groups of pigs come into the field and Bolt Guy took a couple shots at them, but didn't connect as well as his daughter could! grin

CONGRAT'S TO THIS CUTE LITTLE GIRL!!!
(Congrat's Summer!!) up

Summer and Dad with the Hawg in the field:

Summer with the hawg on the trailer:

Now to show how big this dude actually was!!
(She executed a perfect head shot with her .243, not bad for a 9 Year old Young Lady) rifle

Still got openings this next week, give me a shout if you are interested! smile

J.J.

That's my niece! What an awesome little huntress she is becoming! I'm super proud of her and can't wait for her to teach my little girls how to get it done!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/26/11 04:45 PM

Quote:
That's my niece! What an awesome little huntress she is becoming! I'm super proud of her and can't wait for her to teach my little girls how to get it done!

I will tell you this, That is one Awesome Young lady!!! She was right there in the thick of it, and didn't complain one ounce! Up until Ed's pig a couple nights ago she had the biggest one, and dropped it dead in it's tracks!!!

Can't wait to have her back up here next time! smile

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/26/11 04:59 PM

Well, Had Kevin Harding (Sportron) come up and hunt last night...He was going to try and make it Tuesday but wasn't able to...

So, he had to get out of the office and make it up here.

I took him to one of my favorite properties and set him up on a tripod that over looks 4 senderos a creek bottom, and two oak flats, it has 2 feeders and a hog pipe...(I told you I love this spot right?)

Dropped him off about 6:45 after we had eaten dinner at my church. food

I had explained to him that they should be coming in right before dark (7:30ish)
(He had brought 2 guns, 7mm and an AR with light if they came in after dark...)

He got everything ready:

Climbed up in the stand and checked out his shooting lanes:

Took this pic with him silhouetted with the sun:

Then I headed off to let him take care of business...It was 1 hour later and the phone had a Text: PIG DOWN!!

I headed back over to the property in the Jeep and we walked up to the feeder to check out his pig:

Flipped on the light:

Kevin with his nice eatin' sized Sow:

Got back to the ranch and put it up in the tree to quarter it out:

Congrat's on the hog Kevin, and hopefully you and Hunter can make it up here this next week!!

J.J.

Posted By: ZenArchery

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/26/11 08:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lew3gNOjAI

Thank J.J. for a V E R Y, V E R Y, memorable hunt. Next time, lets actually do some videoing so we can get this commercial cut!!!!

New Rule: I will never say, "...that's NEVER HAPPENED..." hahahahahaha...

Posted By: shkettle

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/29/11 02:13 PM

JJ, i just moved to north houston. how far are ya. texas is HUGE and im still getting used to things.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 05/30/11 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: shkettle
JJ, i just moved to north houston. how far are ya. texas is HUGE and im still getting used to things.

I am 1 hour North of Dallas (Dallas is about 5 hours north of Houston depending on Traffic)

To give you an idea... smile

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 02:07 AM

Well, we had a pretty good night yesterday! Had 8 hunters come up and hunt hogs on 4 different properties...

Everyone had hogs come in but 2 hunters! up

In total there was over 100 hogs sighted by 6 hunters!

Travis and Ed were set up on the Hagerman fenceline waiting for the pigs to exit the refuge to feed on my feeder and food plot...They had a mob of them come in and Travis took a nice Sow...

I had put Ron in my favorite stand and he said he felt like the last man standing at the "Alamo"...as he was surrounded by pigs, piglets, and HAWGS!

He managed to pull of a 40 yard headshot on a nice eatin' sized boar (125#)

Ron shot at another pig, but grazed it's nose as it turned while he shot at it... rifle (musta got into self defense mode) smile

Had Bryan's kid Jake up in another stand and he had 6 pigs come in on him and he pulled off two rounds, but wounded one of them...He and I tracked it for one hour through the "roughest" terrain on the property (green briars', thorn trees, you name it I tore me up!!) WE never found it! frown

Hunter and Kevin hunted a wheatfield where we have shot our biggest pigs lately...They sat there all night and at 1 a.m. they thought it was a cow that was in front of them...but it was a HUGE Boar! They didn't get a shot on him... bang

All in all it was a good time and I believe everyone had fun!

It is good to have a group of random people together and everyone gets along, has fun, and leaves with a smile on their face!

Here are a few more pic's from last night!

J.J.

Posted By: High Country Archer

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 02:48 PM

J.J. - Your place is the best hunting I have found in the twelve years I've lived/hunted in Texas. I've seen deer, turkeys and enough truly big hogs that I'm almost scared to get back up there. But I ain't so me and my son will be up in the next few weeks so he can get a big one. Let me know when it would be best for you.

Anyone looking for a big hog or just "one h-ll of a good ole time" needs to give J.J. a call.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 02:58 PM

I rode around him last week to do some filming. On my list of animals: Coyotes, Bobcat (my first ever), Turkey, Owl (within 10 yards another first ever), Deer, Deer, Deer, and more Deer, and hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs, hogs hogs... you get the point....

Posted By: big-tex

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 04:31 PM

Nice hunting guys, still not enough to put dent in hawg population!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: big-tex
Still not enough to put dent in hawg population!

Got that right! If ZenArchery (Ed) posts any video/still shots of the group that came in to us, you'd see 25-30 piglets that will be breeding way too soon!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Originally Posted By: big-tex
Still not enough to put dent in hawg population!

you'd see 25-30 piglets that will be breeding way too soon!

You got that right brother. Breading fast.........

Posted By: JD4030

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 08:26 PM

Nice pigs; looking forward to getting up there and hunting at some point.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 09:01 PM

With that many hogs Kent needs to run a 2 for 1 special!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 10:20 PM

With that many hogs Kent needs to run a 2 for 1 special!

he was running a "shoot as many pigs as you can" special the problem was getting that second shot off for some. and the first shot off for others... especially when there 20 yards off... scared

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/02/11 10:25 PM

Hey Ed, speaking of, I had 15 rds left in that 20 rd P-Mag when I got home.. Guess I got 3 shots off at "the others" before I tapped that sow a 2nd time.. Next time, open sights!!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/03/11 08:50 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I am letting the properties rest a few days before I get after them again next week!

As the crops get harvested and the heat starts to dry up the grass, they will start hitting the feeders a little more predictable and it will be game on again!

I look forward to what Ed is going to put together as well!

Ya'll have a good weekend! smile

J.J.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/03/11 09:00 PM

What kind of archery setups do you have

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/03/11 09:07 PM

He's got treestands, ground blinds, pop-ups, short tripods...just about any setup you need. Lemme know if you want to book a trip up there. I'll go witcha.

Posted By: HunterTed

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/03/11 09:29 PM

It will be after our hunt at the end of the month. But I do wanna go.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/05/11 08:51 PM

And for todays pigs.... rofl

J.J.

Here is the line up:

And in color:

I have two father-son couples coming out Tuesday evening...Looks like they will have Bacon on the menu! up

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/05/11 08:59 PM

i like the boar in the second picture in the field by himself.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/05/11 09:02 PM

And for todays pigs.... rofl

J.J.

Here is the line up:

And in color:

I have two father-son couples coming out Tuesday evening...Looks like they will have Bacon on the menu! up

Think I recognize that spot.. Looks like they're still coming in J.J.!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/08/11 02:59 PM

Had some THF'rs, and some kiddos come up last night and shot some pigs and scared the tar out of some others!! grin

It was nice to meet you Bruce and John! smile

John ended up getting a two-for when he pulled the trigger two fell! rifle

Everyone had a GREAT time and They ALL had pigs either come in, or had them on the edge of the woods...(that's huntin')

J.J.

Once again congrat's to John on his piggy: up
(Cool pic with the LED light in the background)

Here is the clear pic:

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/08/11 03:04 PM

Nice..... Will see you on Friday!!!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/08/11 05:16 PM

Nice..... Will see you on Wednesday?!? Have the committment from the other father/son

Ron

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/08/11 05:32 PM

Wednesdays are my busy Church night so def. can't ever make it then. Plus my summer's about to get slammed. Have basically 2 weeks open in July. Then when 1 week in August off. Once the kids get back in school my schedule will slow down.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/08/11 06:06 PM

Ed - I'll try to do some video of the hunt and how I field process them and send it to you so you can do the editing/production.

Ron

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/10/11 04:14 PM

Thanks Ron...(btw, I will try and call you today about getting you and your son set up!)

Well we went after them again last night...

Had 4 big boars in one of the fields...

Had 3 hunters come in from Kansas and the shooter couldn't scope the big 300+ pound pig! frown

But he did knock down this nice 220 pound boar!

One shot, one kill DRT!

Here are the pic's from "early this morning" smile

J.J.

Kansas Folks:

Kansas fed Boy with a Texas fed Pig!:

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/10/11 04:24 PM

MAN THAT THING HAS A FATTTTTT HEAD!!!

The hog to clarify!!!!!!

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/10/11 05:49 PM

Very nice. How about a trade for hog hunt brother?

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 05:40 AM

Was the Girls turn to kill one tonight!

Had 35+ come in...

She took a Nice 145 pound Boar! One shot to the Head, DRT!! up

Good Job Jessica!! grin

J.J.

Here pic's:

Gotta love it, as she gutted, and butchered it herself!! flehan

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 06:17 AM

Very cool, is she married?

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 12:55 PM

MAN THAT THING HAS A FATTTTTT HEAD!!!

The hog to clarify!!!!!!

You crack me up. rofl rofl rofl

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 01:08 PM

Great job. flehan

J.J. just keeps putting his hunters in great spots with a lot of hogs and they do the rest. I must say that she is a lot prettier than him or his other hunters. rofl

Ron

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 01:18 PM

What I had on my mind is gettin wife that would clean my hogs...... cheers

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/11/11 11:28 PM

Please note shot placement!!! DANG Kansas girl can chooooooooot!!! Congrats

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/12/11 02:31 AM

J.J., looks like that spot keeps producing! Nice job girl-

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/16/11 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by T Bone
J.J., looks like that spot keeps producing! Nice job girl-

That night we found several groups of pigs. She actually shot 4 other pigs that night! smile

Was absolutely a fun night!! up

J.J.

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/16/11 09:05 PM

looks like bacon to me elmer

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/17/11 02:54 AM

Kuby's called and said our meat was ready.. Woo hoo!

The jalapeno/cheese summer sausage is yum yum good..

(J.J., Mindy's wanting to come up soon to get her one!)

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 06/22/11 04:23 PM

Looks good Travis!!! grin

I have a guy coming in from Nebraska to hog hunt for 3 days, and then Jeremy is bringin' his other son up on Thursday evening...

I had planned on letting the hogs rest a few weeks, but, If guys want to hunt, and I still have pigs on Camera, then I aint' gonna say no! smile

J.J.

Couple pic's from recently:

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 11/09/11 10:32 PM

Shot a 250 pounder the other night!!! Fall is HERE!!! banana

J.J.

Posted By: DIME BOX DEER CAMP

Re: HOGS, Pigs, and Piglets... We've been puttin' them down!! - 11/10/11 10:54 AM

up rifle congrats

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum