Texas Hunting Forum

Coyote Bounty?

Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Coyote Bounty? - 01/19/11 06:29 AM

I heard today that there was a $50 bounty on coyotes. If this is true then it is the first I have heard of it. I did a little research and saw that in South and West Texas a few counties have a bounty, but for my purposes in East Texas is this true? Any information is appreciated....I know if anybody can sort this thing out then you guys can!

Posted By:

Re: Coyote Bounty? - 01/19/11 07:02 AM

I stopped looking for them about 3 years ago, just couldn't find any counties that were worth the drive. Hope you find what your looking for, but $50 sounds awful high to me, little to good to be true maybe.

Chupa

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: Coyote Bounty? - 01/19/11 06:47 PM

Your county clerk's office or county Agriculture Extension office will know if they have a bounty set on coyotes.

Some of the counties in the Edwards Plateau have them since it's sheep & goat country and a few counties East of Travis County have them also. Gillespie & Llano still may have a $50 bounty on coyotes; call to find out though.

I believe Mason Co. has a $150 bounty, but you have to belong to a group or club in order to collect the bounty.

Some counties are anywhere from $10-$25 and it varies in between.

Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Re: Coyote Bounty? - 01/19/11 07:59 PM

yea i kinda thought it sounded a little bit unreasonable but i figured it would be worth a shot.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum