Texas Hunting Forum

Best mouth call?

Posted By: Savage243

Best mouth call? - 01/18/11 09:01 PM

What is the best commercially available mouth call?

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/18/11 09:08 PM

Burnham Brothers Mini Blaster is my favorite commercially made mouth call.
Dog Catcher on here makes some great Non commercially made calls

Posted By: sagebrushassassin

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/18/11 09:39 PM

I really like Randy Anderson/Primos Hot Dog. You can use it for alot of different coyote howls, rabbit distresses, and deer and bird distresses.

I have also had alot of success with the Randy Anderson/Primos Ki-Yi. The rabbit and pup distress bring coyotes running in almost every time.

Posted By: Revoman

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/18/11 11:15 PM

Tally Ho

Posted By: mbavo

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 02:43 AM

if you want the best call available,get with dogcatcher here on the forum.

Posted By: Mr Redneck

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: mbavo
if you want the best call available,get with dogcatcher here on the forum.

X2, I just received my 3 calls and hand made lanyard from dogcatcher today, very good quality workmanship and sound. I can't wait to try them out.

Posted By: cleatas

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 03:01 AM

Mini blaster

Posted By: Bobby B

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 03:10 AM

Let me ask a question about the mini blaster. Do you have to use your teeth to call properly with it?

Unusual question I know, but I only have 3 upper molars left right now, my implants and store bought teeth wont be finished until April, Zach and I have 3 different calling trips coming between now and mid March and I want a new call. I'd like a mini blaster, but if I need teeth, I'll have to go with something else.

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobby B
Let me ask a question about the mini blaster. Do you have to use your teeth to call properly with it?

Unusual question I know, but I only have 3 upper molars left right now, my implants and store bought teeth wont be finished until April, Zach and I have 3 different calling trips coming between now and mid March and I want a new call. I'd like a mini blaster, but if I need teeth, I'll have to go with something else.

You can gum it if needed. I use my teeth some with it but usually just blow into it. Dogcatcher makes some really nice close reed's that you wouldn't have any problems with. Even makes a great little squeaker out of plastic that works great. I keep one tucked up in my cheek when I'm out calling works great for a quick call or a squeak to finish them off.

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/19/11 03:36 PM

I use Dogcatcher calls with the #3 reed . Another I just got is C-C calls made by Joe Stinson and Randy Hicks . Im taking it out today but man is got a great sound .

Posted By: cmc

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Revoman
Tally Ho

I cant believe somebody actually said it. I love that call and their about 5 bucks but nobody really uses them anymore.
Mini Blaster is good and one Ive been using lately is the Psyco Tweety it is bacically a split reed Tally Ho. Im up to 3 cats and couple foxes with it now.

Posted By: Reality Outdoors

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 12:36 AM

Sceery

Posted By: Bobby B

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 12:54 AM

I went to the Oasis Outback in Uvalde since they are the only place I know that carries Burnham Brothers calls and looked at the Mini Blaster.

Without being graphic, I cant use one til the new grill work is finished.

SO I got a new Burnham Bro's Deluxe , which I have had good luck with in the past.

Posted By: Quacknfin

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 01:25 AM

mini blaster, you can howl with it too!

Posted By: Kelly223

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 03:47 AM

Crit r pee wee

Posted By:

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 04:51 AM

About the best commercial all purpose call I have tried is the Primos Lil' dog mouth piece(green one) it's pretty versatile for a production and it permanantly has a place on my lanyard. Another one is the Primos Ki-Yi, it too is on my lanyard. The rest of mine are customs by Tony Tebbe. He makes the best calls I have ever heard.

Chupa

Posted By: jts728

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 03:04 PM

Faulks P-60

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 03:21 PM

Called in two cats last night with my Crack Rabbit nailed one and passed the other one for a hog rifle

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/20/11 07:12 PM

I like the Weems Wildcall, originally manufactured in Fort Worth, but no longer manufactured. You can find them on eBay or other auction sites regularly.

Posted By: Savage243

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/21/11 07:02 PM

Anyone familiar with any of the Carver calls out of Utah?

Google Carver Calls and take a look. Pretty decent prices with free shipping

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/21/11 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage243
Anyone familiar with any of the Carver calls out of Utah?

Google Carver Calls and take a look. Pretty decent prices with free shipping

I've got a couple of Carver's calls. They sound great and look just as good!

Posted By: Revoman

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/21/11 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: cmc
Originally Posted By: Revoman
Tally Ho

I cant believe somebody actually said it. I love that call and their about 5 bucks but nobody really uses them anymore.
Mini Blaster is good and one Ive been using lately is the Psyco Tweety it is bacically a split reed Tally Ho. Im up to 3 cats and couple foxes with it now.

A Tally Ho seperates the true diehard callers from all the others. You master a TH and you can do anything on them from howls to bird sounds. Govt trappers got me hooked up on them back in the 80's. I've killed more stuff with a TH than all my other calls combined, and I have some great custom calls. The call in my avatar is an awesome call built by Steve Barbour in Haskell. That old retired Game Warden knows how to build them.

Posted By: ParalyzedHunter

Re: Best mouth call? - 01/22/11 03:46 AM

Dogcatcher gets my vote... I have a flextone, primos lil dog, and a couple of others and his cottontail call is the best sound of any of them.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum