Texas Hunting Forum

Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas

Posted By: greggtex

Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/02/11 04:14 AM

Grew up in Wills Point/Edgewood. We didn't have hogs down there when I was growing up. But look at this monster.
I'm usually pretty skeptical when I see pics of hogs, but
this one appears real, although I can't say personally.
Was down there today visiting my dad, and he thinks this one was killed last year. He thought he remembered it in the local paper. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704369304575633003631542986.html

Posted By: JoSkeeter

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/02/11 05:21 AM

That's a big pig! My cousin has some property out there and he says there are a couple big groups that stay on his place I think I'll be goin to try my luck with my bow here pretty soon.

Posted By: duke08

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/02/11 07:38 AM

I call fake. However i do like the blonde highlights they added onto the pig though.

Posted By: djones

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/03/11 12:27 AM

Not sure but I think that guy is Kevin Reyer. If so, I doubt it's fake. He has a hog hunting site with several 300 and 400 pound hogs to his credit.

Posted By: RickyK

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/03/11 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: djones
Not sure but I think that guy is Kevin Reyer. If so, I doubt it's fake. He has a hog hunting site with several 300 and 400 pound hogs to his credit.

Your right thats Kevin Reyer. I never met him but have spoken to him on the phone a couple of times. He runs texasboars.com . The same pic is posted on there in the 300lbs hog section.

Posted By: gtowncowboy

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/05/11 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: duke08
I call fake. However i do like the blonde highlights they added onto the pig though.

agree. look at the guys feet, he is standing back and his face is blurry and the hogs face is in focus. big pig no doubt 225-250 but no mas grande

Posted By: Rebel.

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/05/11 05:12 PM

It does appear that he is leaning his arm up against the hog though

Posted By: LRS

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/06/11 01:49 AM

I think it's real, blond highlights just happen to be the color of whatever this thing was rolling around in.
It's a big pig all right, but it ain't no monster.
My guess would be 250 - 280lbs.

Posted By: shane87

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/06/11 04:49 PM

I think it is real look at the hair on the hogs belly to get that right in photoshop would take a life time. Gtowncowboy said the guy was out of focus as a reason maybe fake, but that is more than likely the setting of the camera. If it was shot with the aperture wide open it gives as small depth of focus meaning only a small range is in focus.

Posted By: AcesAnEights

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/06/11 09:54 PM

It's a real pig no doubt, it is just made to look bigger with depth perception trick photography. This illusion is used constantly with hogs and snakes to make them look bigger.

Like someone said, look at the guys feet compared to where the snout is hitting. The guy is a good 4-5 feet behind the hog.

Posted By: AcesAnEights

Re: Huge hog near Wills Point, Tx-40 miles from Dallas - 01/06/11 09:56 PM

These pictures put the trick into perspective.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum