Texas Hunting Forum

Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/27/10 06:22 PM

Has anyone or does anyone hunt Hogs here?

Posted By: L. C. Clower

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/27/10 08:16 PM

I am seriously looking at it. Looked for reg's last night online for a while, but probably will have to call the office and ask.
Probably entails a lot of on-foot scouting unless you got a Piper Cub with a FLIR on the belly (silly grin). LC

Posted By: L. C. Clower

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/27/10 08:28 PM

"Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery"

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/texas/recreation/caddo_lbj/caddo-lbj_gen_info.shtml

Posted By: Chief Wang

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/27/10 11:45 PM

i think at the caddo place near bonham you can use rifles but the lbj in decater you have to use Those no rifles!!

I have a buddy that was charged at by a pig last year and he shot him

Posted By: Ed Lingenfelter

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/29/10 06:27 PM

I was just walking in the woods in Caddo right before dove season and I busted 3 or 4 pigs. The woods actually smelled like pics found a pretty big wallow back on a little pond. All this was 200 yds from the road and across the street from one of the campgrounds. I am not sure how heavily it is hunted. It is listed in the Public hunting guide. I have not seen hogs on LBJ and of course it has its own regulations since it is not a WMA.

Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 09/29/10 07:05 PM

Please notice in large bold print "Fully automatic weapons are prohibited". hammer Oh darn it. no fun at all at that place.

Posted By: FM-Mark

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 10/21/10 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: L. C. Clower
"Hunting is limited to shotguns, muzzleloaders and archery"

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/texas/recreation/caddo_lbj/caddo-lbj_gen_info.shtml

Actually thats just the LBJ unit. And no hogs out there anyway. I scouted out there extensively last year never saw hog sign. Creekbeds all dry too.

The units in Fannin county allow gun Nov 7-Feb 28

Posted By: mandrake

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 10/28/10 01:17 AM

A couple of years ago I found some wallows in a couple of areas of LBJ. Can't remember the unit numbers but west of Alvord, nothing major like they ran the place or anything.

Posted By: Extreme4wheel99

Re: Hog Hunting @ Caddo National Grasslands - 10/28/10 04:08 AM

Thats kinda funny I found lots of hog sign and tracks all around little cotton wood lake in area 31 last yr, even smelt the little monsters. The only thing missing was to actually see them.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum