Texas Hunting Forum

favorite fox pro sounds?

Posted By: cullenwruth

favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 04:44 AM

Just bought my first fox pro i have been wanting one for a really long time and 400 plus dollars always made me not want to take the step, but the new spitfire for 200 was a real eye catcher. So i am totally new to fox pro sounds and was wanting to know wha yalls favorite sounds were?

Posted By: varmit slayer

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 06:51 AM

the lightin jack or the red bird has worked for me really well

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 12:15 PM

If you like to shoot crows, get the crow fight. That thing will flat out call the crows without putting out decoys or anything, lol. I was amazed the first time I tried it. You ought to get a few rabbit and bird sounds, and maybe a couple of coyote vocalizations. I don't have my soundlist nearby and haven't used it since March or April, so I forgot what all is on mine.

Posted By: Blackheart

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 02:14 PM

The best ones that I use are, Coyote pup dis 2,and Jackrabbit dist..
The Crow fight is a very good one, and use a follow up dying crow. But this in SE Nebr.... mc

Posted By: FIREDAVIS

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 02:22 PM

Wounded cotton tail is my got to. If it is pretty windy I use the jack rabbit in distress since it is louder. I have also had alot of luck with the wounded pup call. I have called in something probably 80 percent of the time with my foxpro. I will atleast get a couple of hawks each set.

Posted By: dk5265

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 02:41 PM

I havn't had a chance to call predators yet but I can say that fawn distress works for deer, crow sounds work for crows, and the bird distress sounds(screamin jay, female cardinal,etc.) bring in birds in just a few seconds in my backyard. From what I hear the raccoon sounds are supposed to work great so you might want to get a few of those. Make sure you get a coyote distress sound for after you shoot one incase you call in a group.

Posted By: Robert37

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/20/10 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: dk5265
I havn't had a chance to call predators yet but I can say that fawn distress works for deer, crow sounds work for crows, and the bird distress sounds(screamin jay, female cardinal,etc.) bring in birds in just a few seconds in my backyard. From what I hear the raccoon sounds are supposed to work great so you might want to get a few of those. Make sure you get a coyote distress sound for after you shoot one incase you call in a group.

deer sounds work for deer, and crow sounds work for crows? thats weird bolt

Posted By: CoyCat

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/21/10 04:47 PM

tit mouse tantrum

Posted By: furdown

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/21/10 11:30 PM

lightning jack, whaling woodpecker, dsg cottontail

Posted By: cbarnes

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/22/10 12:08 AM

lightning jack, lucky bird

Posted By: dk5265

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/22/10 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Robert37
Originally Posted By: dk5265

deer sounds work for deer, and crow sounds work for crows? thats weird bolt

CRAZY huh?!?!

Posted By: SLT

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/22/10 03:36 AM

Hell they all work !!

Posted By: cullenwruth

Re: favorite fox pro sounds? - 07/23/10 12:46 AM

sounds like lightning jack, dsg cottontail and jack rabbit distress have the highest success rate from the forums that i have asked this question on

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum