Texas Hunting Forum

anybody got a good.....

Posted By: cannon9

anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 06:19 AM

video on how to skin a squirrel i know i should know this but i dont have a dad and my mom wouldnt let my grandfather teach me how to hunt even made him get rid of his .22 when we lived with them but long story short havent been able to ever hunt but im getting away from my mom for 5 weeks and i got a air rifle so im going to teach myself to hunt and i dont want to ruin a squirrel trying to figure it all out. i searched youtube but nothing i can find realy helps. so could yall point me in the right dirrection.

Posted By: Brandon972

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 07:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+skin+a+squirrel&aq=f

All over YT.

welcome

Posted By: poisonivie

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 12:19 PM

Your mom made your grandad get rid of a gun in his own house???? That's nervy. No offense meant and welcome to the forum.

Posted By: cannon9

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 03:04 PM

yes very nervy i love my mom to death but she does a lot of things that get me real mad. thank you to the guy that posted the vid.

Posted By: kuntry_kid

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 03:28 PM

welcome

Good luck on your hunting. I still remember the days of staying in the woods all day with pellet guns shooting stuff.

Posted By: HEIMER1

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/05/10 11:43 PM

YOU ARE JUST LEARNING, SO IF YOU MESS ONE UP NO BIG DEAL, IT HAPPENED TO US ALL ONCE OR TWICE.

Posted By: caçador

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/09/10 01:20 PM

Hello...
I'm curious about...you eat the squirrels and/or use the skin for something?
here we dont use to have squirrels but some kind of iluminated release some in national parks and now they are so many they cause prejudice in every kind of nuts plantation and pine tree.
but nobody hunts them because its forbidden and we really dont know if they are good to eat.... say something...maybe i'll shoot some with a air gun, and make a stew wink

Posted By: HEIMER1

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/09/10 03:02 PM

THEY ARE VERY GOOD TO EAT, ESPECIALLY STEWED. CLEAN LIKE A RABBIT.

Posted By: longone

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/09/10 07:01 PM

And if your from East of the Neches, squirrel brains are consumed quite often.... no b/s

Posted By: hunter_sawyer

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/09/10 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Klongone
And if your from East of the Neches, squirrel brains are consumed quite often.... no b/s
eek2

Posted By: caçador

Re: anybody got a good..... - 07/12/10 02:41 PM

well...stewed like rabbits...ok. we shoot lots of rabbits and i'm used to eat them... my uncle use to eat rabbit brains, so probably he will eat squirrel too wink . personally...I pass:)

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum