Texas Hunting Forum

What Would You Pay For This?

Posted By: mulie_mike

What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 04:05 AM

Going to start offering hog hunts very close of Fort Stockton.
24 hour type deal meaning you can day or night hunt. Would prefer a 2 day minimum. Mainly self guided.

The place is not over loaded with hogs but there is a good huntable ammount. I was thinking 2 hogs can be taken per booked day.

No lodging but very close to town. Feed sites of course will be in place. It is nearly 1,000 acres free ranging.

What is a fair price to you all (be realistic) for a hunt?

Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 08:20 AM

I wouldnt pay much, but then again i have plenty of places to go for free!!

Posted By: mbavo

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 11:11 AM

i know a guy near brownfield that has something close to what you are describing. he gets $100 per day. i dont know if this helps you or not.

Posted By: RLoving1

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 01:17 PM

Thats a tough one! With so many places being destroyed by hogs and then your location not being known for eating hogs they would have to be sporting some real good tusk so they would have trophy value.I see alot north of you in sand country around Monahans and if they aren't 75 lbs and smaller they are not the best table fare.But theres a guy getting around $100 a day to hunt them.Hard to justify that money for small hogs.If you don't get many hits let me know and I'll come try them and evaluate the place and pay for it!

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 04:49 PM

RLoving1 I may need to take you up on that offer. Ill keep in touch with you.

Posted By: HEIMER1

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 05:39 PM

HOG OR JAVELINA? OR BOTH?

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 05:46 PM

about $50 a day is all I'd pay.

Posted By: Caviel

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 06:37 PM

About $50... When you starting up???

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 06:40 PM

Hogs and predators. No javelinas.. yet.
$50 a day would not cover corn expenses.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 08:17 PM

All right gotta ask.................where from Ft Stockton is this place???? I wouldn't say Stockton is covered in hogs, but yes there are a few, more so in a few concentrated areas.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 11:26 PM

Just a hair west of Stockton both north and south of the freeway both near the alfalfa fields.

Yeah it by no means is over run but there is a huntable population.

Posted By: chouse

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 11:52 PM

I would pay $75 a day to include a hog up to 100lbs. Then a $1 a pound over 100lbs. Depending on how good the hunting is.

Posted By: 7mag

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/15/10 11:58 PM

Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
Just a hair west of Stockton both north and south of the freeway both near the alfalfa fields.

Yeah it by no means is over run but there is a huntable population.

Oh yeah baby!!! banana2 That is the place to go for a hog hunt in Pecos county. There a ton around Belding Farms(owned by Claytie Williams) This is a hot spot for hogs Mike, best of luck. Oh Mike btw, 100 dollars a day seems fair

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 01:50 AM

Just give me a shout Mike and I will come down and write a review! Don't have to hunt them,I can come down and drive and give an opinion of place and numbers/sign in case someone needs outside opinion!

Posted By: Robert37

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 01:52 AM

between 50 and 100 sounds about right. being that your not overrun with hogs or anything thats gonna mean the chances of getting one goes down. plus no accomodations

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 01:53 AM

Hogs and predators. No javelinas.. yet.
$50 a day would not cover corn expenses.
Just how much corn are you slingin??? Sorry, but I disagree!!
We run 10 feeders on our place, no lodging, all the hogs you want to shoot (and we are over-run with them) for only $75 for the whole weekend (Fri evening thru Noon Sun) and it pays for all the corn.
Just Sayin!! cheers

Posted By: Honker Jake

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 01:59 AM

Seems like you can charge whatever you want. Yank's will come down and pay whatever for a chance to hunt WILD BOAR!!!

I hunt pig's all year, but only go on one payed hunt for them a year. It's in Llano on something close to 8,000 acres. We pay $100 a person for a 24 hr hunt. We never leave empty handed.

Posted By: Robert37

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Honker Jake
Seems like you can charge whatever you want. Yank's will come down and pay whatever for a chance to hunt WILD BOAR!!!

I hunt pig's all year, but only go on one payed hunt for them a year. It's in Llano on something close to 8,000 acres. We pay $100 a person for a 24 hr hunt. We never leave empty handed.

thats sounds like a pretty good deal up

Posted By: Honker Jake

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 03:43 AM

If I owned it, I would put out about $100.00 in corn a month. If I leased it out for deer hunting, I would put out more a couple months before deer season because I get payed for it. The fee's you charge should ultimately pay for the feed and protein money you spend keeping it up to par for the higher paying deer hunters. More profit for next to no effort on your part is a bonus.

If you only want hog hunter's on your place I would charge 50-75.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 05:01 AM

Thanks for the info guys. And when I ment the money covering just the corn I also ment covering gas also and running people out to show them the place etc.

Im just about a 3 hour drive away one way.

7mag I'll be out there weekend after next with Highlonesome1 doing some work. If your free we can grab a cup of joe or a cold one.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 05:04 AM

Hey Loving once I get some more feed sites set up, signs, etc. and get settled I'll give you a shout to come out and check out the place for sure.

Posted By: devildog28

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 12:32 PM

I'd say right at $100; maybe stretch it to $125 if you need to cover your travel etc.. I wouldn't charge a by the pound fee because it comes across as you trying to nickel and dime a hunter. I wouldn't hunt a place like that because a hog is a hog regardless of size.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 12:48 PM

If you need help setting things up give me a shout...I'm always up for a trip out to help do stuff like that! be good way to evaluate what you got!About 1 1/2 hour drive for me so not too bad.

Posted By: Buggs

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 01:51 PM

I would paid $50 to $75 just for the fun of getting out to hunt
with good friends.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 03:04 PM

Hell Buggs most of us in Odessa pay that much to have good friends! Or is it just me? bang

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/16/10 08:58 PM

Lol.

Posted By: Skip

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/17/10 01:23 AM

I would say at least $100 a day or alittle more. texas

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/17/10 05:03 PM

I will be posting the info up in the outfitters/guides section in the next couple of days.

Hope to see a few of you guys out there!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/17/10 05:28 PM

$100/day covers one hog... option to shoot 2nd w/ additional hog being $50-75... 2 day minimum.

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/19/10 05:26 AM

$250 for 48 hours of hunting
Day or Night Hunting allowed. If your night hunting you must hunt over the feed areas only, no driving and spotlighting etc.
3 hogs of any size may be taken during your hunt along with predators.

I will post pictures and more info in the outfitters section next weekend!

Posted By: Spacemonkey

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/22/10 11:37 PM

id pay no more than 75 a day...and definately would not even consider a place that charged by the pound. Thats a rip off in my book. Charge a flat rate....but thats just my opinion. I usually do not pay to hunt anything with the exception of licenses and permits. Way to many good free places out there if your willing to do the research and drive a little.

Posted By: watchale

Re: What Would You Pay For This? - 06/22/10 11:44 PM

$250 for 48 hours of hunting
Day or Night Hunting allowed. If your night hunting you must hunt over the feed areas only, no driving and spotlighting etc.
3 hogs of any size may be taken during your hunt along with predators.

I will post pictures and more info in the outfitters section next weekend!

I would'nt pay that much. I guess thats why I have'nt went on any paid hog hunts. I think the prices are too high.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum