Texas Hunting Forum

Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/09/10 11:06 PM

By ABC-7's Andrew Chung

The discovery of approximately 47 dead coyotes Friday on Azogue Avenue in far East El Paso was a disturbing sight.

While the area has been cleaned up, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department continues to investigate. Game warden Ray Spears says the coyotes were shot as part of a "varmint hunt".

"We have a very large population of coyotes - coyotes are carriers of rabies and other diseases and so these hunters participate to kind of thin the numbers a little bit," says Spears.

And he says the hunt was perfectly legal. "All the individuals that were in this varmint hunt did have proper licenses through the state of Texas hunting licenses - they did kill these animals on properties they had permission to be on."
>>>>>>>>
http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=11954182

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/09/10 11:12 PM

mad man people like that just feeds the fire of the anti hunting types. It really makes the rest of us that dispose of our animals properly look bad mad Hope they catch them and make them clean them up

Posted By: Brandon972

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/09/10 11:32 PM

Quote:
But Spears says the dumping of the coyotes in the desert was illegal, adding the person who dumped them was not part of the original hunt.

That doesnt make sense ?? Someone who wasnt in teh hunt picked them up and moved them ?? Dont quite understand what is going on there.

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 12:35 AM

Just a guess at this point, but they probably paid some one to dispose of the carcass. The guy sure ruin their image.

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 12:36 AM

Not good

Posted By: Driller

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 12:44 AM

Makes hunting and hunters look bad for sure.

Posted By: jds15151

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 01:27 AM

Yes it does make us look bad, but nothing surprises me in El Paso.

Posted By: tejaschaos

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 01:30 AM

Just curious, since I've never participated in a varmint contest... What do you do with all the dead dogs?

Posted By: CleanKill

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 01:43 AM

We have a spot that's in a back section of a field where we throw ours. Buzzards usually get them pretty fast, I think they know the spot is an easy meal.

Posted By: jdw

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 03:00 AM

i think as hunters and trappers we should dispose of the animals we kill properly. that was the way i was taught. its less fuel to the fire so to speak. as i mentioned on another post about someone hanging coyote carcasses on fence post, although it doesnt offend you doesnt mean someone else wants to see it. animal rights peope already hate us, why give them more ammunition to bash us and degrade are sport?

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 04:59 AM

dont shoot anything you dont eat

Posted By: jdw

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 05:14 AM

you eat coyotes? coyotes are as bad as hogs.

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 05:24 PM

I usually have an individual burial and funeral for each and every coyote that gave his life so that I could be the champion .
nice lil headstones made as well and I make every effort to reach the next of kin.......with a bullet that is .Wink wink.

Posted By: foxpro

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 06:31 PM

Clay thought i was the only one who did that. Brother in-law Ive got all the dead yotes you want to eat come and get em.

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 07:42 PM

Coyote stew , coyote beans , coyote chili ....gosh im friggin tired of eating coyotes .

Posted By: TxYoteHunter

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 07:46 PM

Could be that all those dogs got into the trash and got hold of some bad mexican food and the tequila they tried to wash it down with. Maybe it was just too spicy for 'em and they all laid down in one pile and died together.

Posted By: ChickenWilly

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 08:11 PM

Yeah thats the kinda stuff that makes all of us look bad! I love predator huntin but thats just dumb!And good luck finding a hispanic man in El Paso! lol

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Authorities looking for person who dumped dead coyotes - 02/10/10 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: ChickenWilly
Yeah thats the kinda stuff that makes all of us look bad! I love predator huntin but thats just dumb!And good luck finding a hispanic man in El Paso! lol

drivin a ford ranger none the less lol

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum