Texas Hunting Forum

Varmint caller ???s

Posted By: Driller

Varmint caller ???s - 02/05/10 08:31 PM

I have the fever to get into varmint hunting and don't know anything about how to use the mouth calls. I am wanting to know a little about the electronic styles? Do they work good and what would be a good brand and model w/o having to spend a whole lot? I have a few spots to hunt nad wanting a few pointers. Any help would be appreciated. If anybody with experience would be interested in going with me and maybe showing me the ropes then shoot me a PM.
Thanks in advance

Posted By: doole44

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 12:26 PM

Get a fox-pro...

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 01:25 PM

Yeah, I paid $610 for one I JUST got in the mail yesterday. Dang thing won't even turn on! I hear their customer service is great. We'll see...

Posted By: Big_Country01

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 03:10 PM

I have a johnny stewart preymaster and it works great. Stay away from the cheapo $20 crap. Ive also got a set of mouth calls made by Dogcatcher on here that are great, and affordable

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
Yeah, I paid $610 for one I JUST got in the mail yesterday. Dang thing won't even turn on! I hear their customer service is great. We'll see...

eek

Posted By: dk5265

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 05:23 PM

If you have an IPOD or other mp3 player you can download some free calls off the internet and then hook it up to a speaker.

Posted By: cleatas

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 05:28 PM

fixing to head out for the tournament....i will let you know how the foxpro does for us.

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cleatas
fixing to head out for the tournament....i will let you know how the foxpro does for us.

Good luck buddy and let me know how ya'll do.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: DrillerJ

eek

Talk about disappointed! I had a PM4 too and there was NOTHING wrong with it. But I sold a few things and have always wanted a Fox Pro Fury. Ordered it last Sunday, waited all week like a little kid, and now the damn thing won't even turn on confused2
So I would definately second the PM4. It worked like a champ...EVERY TIME!

Re: Varmint caller ???s - 02/06/10 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: DrillerJ

eek

Talk about disappointed! I had a PM4 too and there was NOTHING wrong with it. But I sold a few things and have always wanted a Fox Pro Fury. Ordered it last Sunday, waited all week like a little kid, and now the damn thing won't even turn on confused2
So I would definately second the PM4. It worked like a champ...EVERY TIME!

I hate to hear that and I hope they make it right.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum