Texas Hunting Forum

Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt

Posted By: hill...hunter...3

Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt - 01/18/10 07:11 PM

My buddy and I are wanting to plan a public land pheasant hunt for next year. We are wanting to try the panhandle. Can anyone reccomend a good public county in the panhandle? We are in Dallas County, wanting to find a close decent pheasant county. Thanks in Advance...

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt - 01/19/10 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: hill...hunter...3
My buddy and I are wanting to plan a public land pheasant hunt for next year. We are wanting to try the panhandle. Can anyone reccomend a good public county in the panhandle? We are in Dallas County, wanting to find a close decent pheasant county. Thanks in Advance...

Not a whole lot of Public Land in the TX panhandle, best bet would be book with a guide. A good guide will get you on birds even when there is a bad hatch year

Posted By: wingshot

Re: Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt - 01/20/10 03:33 AM

Went last year northwest of Lubbock-was a bad hatch we only killed a couple of roosters. The public land was in and around Floydada--spelling may not be correct. By your public hunting permit they will send you a book.

Posted By: TJC3

Re: Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt - 01/20/10 12:57 PM

Look on THF for Shorthair. He runs pheasant hunts out of Dumas. You're not going to find much public hunting land in Texas. Tim (Shorthair) will put you on birds. Driving all the way from Dallas and coming up empty would be a bummer. Talk with him. Lot's of people will vouch for him.

Posted By: Scoutdog

Re: Wanting to plan a pheasant hunt - 01/20/10 04:14 PM

If you want public land, head to Kansas. They have a lot more public land available for about the same to a little more drive time from DFW.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum