Texas Hunting Forum

Best Pheasant outfitters

Posted By: Birdboy

Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/01/21 01:51 PM

My buddy and I have decided that this fall we are going to finally do a pheasant hunt with guides, dogs etc.

Does anyone have an suggestions on who to use and where. We’ve heard the best is South Dakota or Nebraska.
Posted By: Wytex

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/01/21 02:42 PM

Pheasants Galore, Sublette Kansas. Then drive up to Nebraska or Eastern Wyoming for more birds. Wyoming releases birds on public access lands for hunting.
Posted By: Gumbeaux

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/01/21 06:22 PM

We went with 10 Gauge Outfitters out of Kinsley, KS this year and it was incredible. Tons of birds (we hunted all wild), outstanding food, and a great lodge. You can quail hunt the afternoons as well if you want more trigger time, and quite frankly, better eating birds.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/01/21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Wytex
Pheasants Galore, Sublette Kansas. Then drive up to Nebraska or Eastern Wyoming for more birds. Wyoming releases birds on public access lands for hunting.

For sure. Good friends with Kyle and have been going to PG in Sublette for years.
Posted By: Rche

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/05/21 02:53 PM

I agree with 4Weight on Sublette, KS for Pheasant...sections of great hunting fields, and guides and dogs are top notch.

Lazy J Hunting, Inc. are great outfitters. They have multiple choices of house rentals available in town with all the cooking and bird cleaning service you'd expect.

The beauty for those in the DFW NTX area...is that it is only a one day drive. grin

https://lazyjhunting.com or jake@lazyjhunting.com
Posted By: Always ready 2 hunt

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/05/21 03:44 PM

Biggins Hunting in SD. Top notch wild and preserve birds. A few other members have been also
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/09/21 04:25 AM

Shattuck Hunting in SD
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Best Pheasant outfitters - 02/09/21 12:27 PM

Thanks! We are going to decide this weekend! I appreciate the responses!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum