Texas Hunting Forum

WHISTLING

Posted By: GA DOG 3

WHISTLING - 05/02/19 10:54 AM

Just wondering how the whistling counts are looking in the rolling plains. Hoping everyone gets timely rains this year. Ga. Dog
Posted By: ckat

Re: WHISTLING - 05/02/19 01:53 PM

I was in Motley County a couple of days ago - I heard whistling every time I stopped. Same story coming from the King/Dickens area. They should be setup pretty well for the first round of nesting. Fingers crossed...
Posted By: Michael Wilson

Re: WHISTLING - 05/08/19 11:50 PM

My son was between Post and Ralls yesterday and heard what he thought was 4 or 5 different ones in the area.
Posted By: Flashprism

Re: WHISTLING - 05/13/19 01:40 AM

At our place in Dickens county as we transit to Colorado and KS for Grandkids graduations form college and high school. We've had about 9 inches of rain in the last 2 months. Food plots planted week end 4/13 look phenominal, My place is lush and has an explosion of flowers I've never seen before, Bobs are calling all over. Hoping we continue on this positive trend with an abundance of these wonderful birds in our future
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: WHISTLING - 05/15/19 01:17 AM

I just got through shredding a pasture for a buddy in Fisher county. I’m sitting on the porch drinking cold beer and there’s at least 5 bird talking to each other. I saw no bird today from the tractor.
Posted By: tigger

Re: WHISTLING - 05/15/19 04:24 PM

How full is the tank? How is Zack doing
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: WHISTLING - 05/15/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Flashprism
At our place in Dickens county as we transit to Colorado and KS for Grandkids graduations form college and high school. We've had about 9 inches of rain in the last 2 months. Food plots planted week end 4/13 look phenominal, My place is lush and has an explosion of flowers I've never seen before, Bobs are calling all over. Hoping we continue on this positive trend with an abundance of these wonderful birds in our future

Love reading this. I just agreed to get on a quail lease in Dickens.
Posted By: orpco

Re: WHISTLING - 05/15/19 08:46 PM

We’ve heard birds calling all day in our pasture in Collingsworth county
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: WHISTLING - 05/15/19 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by tigger
How full is the tank? How is Zack doing

Tank is low. It won’t ever fill back up while the farm is in CRP. Not enough run off with all the grass. Zack is doing well.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum