Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendation on Dog Boxes

Posted By: QuailDoc

Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/09/17 04:50 PM

I have a new F250 and don't want to take up the whole bed for the bird dogs. Has anyone had any experience with the following? Thanks in advance!

Owens Crossover Dog Box

Highway Products Saddle Dog Box (Looks like great quality)

Alumilene Long Dog Box for 2 (looks innovative)

Currently, I'm thinking of getting one of the saddle boxes and then adding a retractable tonneau that snugs up against the box. This would keep a lot of the dirt, dust, Texas road, and snow out of the bed and likely make life a little easier during my favorite time of year; hunting season.
Posted By: Chet

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/09/17 11:17 PM

Deerskin Mfg.
Posted By: arandy

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/10/17 11:47 AM

I have an Owens with top storage for a full sized truck that I have used hard for many years and it's as good as new. Good welding and quality hardware. No problems ever. Have a Diamond Deluxe with top storage for a small truck and it is not near the quality of the Owens box.
Posted By: duckbill

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/10/17 12:31 PM

Deerskin or Jones

https://www.deerskindogtrailers.com/

http://www.jonestrailers.com/
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/10/17 01:40 PM

I like my Owens with top storage also. I've had it four years or so and it was used when I got it. Still like new.
Posted By: TXPanhandler

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/11/17 12:55 AM

I have a DeeZee that is pretty similar to that Owens model that I really like.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/11/17 05:49 PM

The Alumline is top shelf.
Owned one for years.
Posted By: TEL_tx

Re: Recommendation on Dog Boxes - 10/13/17 05:12 PM

I have the Owens crossover box. It is well made and seems to get pretty decent airflow with all vents open on a hot day, even with the box up against the cab.

I had to cut the plastic liner off the interior wall after one of my pups pulled it down in such a way that it opened the spring latch on the door and allowed him to freely explore my inlaw's neighborhood on a holiday visit. The box has a secondary twist latch on the doors that would have prevented the escape. User error. I always use the twist latch now when hauling the dogs.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum