Texas Hunting Forum

Lightweight dog box???

Posted By: DuckedUp

Lightweight dog box??? - 11/17/14 09:40 PM

I'm on the hunt for a lightweight two or three hole dog box, preferably with top storage. A guy I know has an older extremely light riveted aluminum box, but I have yet to find a company that still builds this style box or even an old one is good shape that's for sale. I want to be able to load and unload by myself. I'd sure appreciate any and all help.
Posted By: RayB

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/17/14 10:00 PM

Try patriot dog boxes. I have a two hole with top storage but it's too wide to load by yourself ( unless you're a gorilla). The original guy passed on but someone may have picked up the business

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/17/14 10:07 PM

I've got an aluminum skinned Heritage box, but like you said, it's not a one man job to get in or out. The old riveted boxes had no wood frame to weigh them down, just bent sheet aluminum riveted together.
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/18/14 02:03 AM

Give Creative Sports Supply a call. They are fairly well known for building boxes that one man can load. I have a three holer I can easily throw in and out of truck. Its not diamond plate (not sure how heavy the ones on home page are) - assume they still make the lighter variety. creativedogboxes.com

Few pics below

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/18/14 03:20 AM

Danceswithquail That is the exact box that I'm looking for! Thanks you for the info!!
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/18/14 03:44 AM

I store my dogbox on metal saw horses with Harbor Fright rollers on the horses so you can roll it on or off you truck. Just a thought.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/18/14 12:28 PM

I bought an Aluma-line box several years ago. Double doors, well ventilated, top tool box, excellent construction.
I couldn't be more pleased with the performance of this unit. Manufactured in Iowa.
I get a lot of compliments on it.

http://www.alumline.com/dog-boxes-trailers/dog-boxes.html

[img]http://i.imgur.com/af6WjTi.jpg?1[/img]

Posted By: Revoman

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/19/14 04:18 PM

I sold my Diamond Deluxe box but it is what you are looking for. Here is a pic of it. Not cheap but well worth every $$$.

Re: Lightweight dog box??? - 11/21/14 04:56 PM

I have listed my Heritage 2 hole dog box for sale in the classifieds. If interested, contact me with your email or phone number and I'll get pics sent over.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum