Texas Hunting Forum

Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth

Posted By: SterndogKennels

Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/27/14 01:51 AM

I am looking to lease a pasture preferably 10-40 acres of open field with some cover. I have field trial dogs that I run in National Shoot to Retrieve. The least amount of trees or heavy cover as possible anywhere in the surrounding South West Fort Worth/Burleson/Crowley/Aledo area. I simply would like to be able to place a pigeon house on the property and have the ability to fire a shotgun on the property for training purposes. I own an insurance agency and can write a liability policy on the property that I will pay for along with signing a waiver for use of the property. Looking for a reasonable cost. I can provide references and I am also Pro Staff for DT Systems currently. Please let me know.
Geoff Sterner
817-301-3931
Geoff.sterner@goosehead.com
sterndogkennels.com
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/27/14 11:54 AM

The Anna NSTRA grounds are not on your side of town but the price is right. They might be worth your drive.
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/28/14 02:37 AM

If nothing works out for you please consider what I offer. I have pigeons all the time, launchers and quail later on.

Walter
Posted By: Panhandle Slim

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/28/14 04:49 AM

I can highly recommend www.poetryshootingclub.com

Walter was a joy to work with and it's a nice place to take your dog and get some work. Easy access from DFW and a great low key atmosphere. They let you do your thing. Very affordable and very professional. I'll be going back ASAP.
Posted By: Panhandle Slim

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/28/14 04:56 AM

[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/usergals/2014/08/full-52393-11238-002.jpg[/img

Here's my 10 month old Brittany "Oswald" working at www.poetryshootingclub.com
Posted By: SterndogKennels

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/28/14 04:56 PM

Thanks Bill I have been to Anna and it is just a bit far. I would love to have something I could take a dog to after work on a weekday.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/30/14 06:33 PM

I know you have to pay to hunt these days, but to run dogs, be dammed if I ever pay
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/30/14 06:51 PM

I feel as if I'm the luckiest man in the world in this area. I have free run of a 3,500 acre ranch across the road. I kept a Johnny house over there for 20 years, and there are wild quail south of the Johnny house. I sponsored several NSTRA trials over there, and served dinner in my back year.
Posted By: blanked

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 08/31/14 12:37 PM

Yes bill your very lucky. Too bad your current dog will be your last. Not an easy thing to do
Posted By: dadof5girls

Re: Looking to lease pasture to work field trial bird dogs SW Fort Worth - 09/01/14 05:17 AM

I tried the same thing last year and did not get anywhere. If you get some where I come help for access to work my young dog.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum