Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for upland hunt

Posted By: fishsing

Looking for upland hunt - 08/07/14 01:42 AM

This forum has been 2 for 2 so far so here goes. My crew and I want to hunt some upland birds. We're in N. Dallas area, and would like to find someplace within 2-3 hours of DFW.

We really like bird hunting and want to do more of it, but we're just blue collar guys with a shotgun fixation, so no big money resorts for us!

If we find something in our comfort zone we will be regulars I think.

Whatcha got?
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/07/14 08:36 PM

Check out www.wingsportdepot.com

Ed and Mike are good guys and will treat you right. They can do a quail hunt or dove hunt or duck hunt or combo of any and all the above.
Posted By: Bodie's Dad

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/07/14 09:58 PM

Do you have dogs?
Posted By: kshorthairs

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/08/14 12:25 AM

I met someone last year and took my dog out on his property. It was awesome. He did not have a dog and was able to shoot some quail. Good memories and work for my dog. If you do not have dogs, and have the land available, let me know and maybe we can plan something....
Posted By: shooterwalter

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/08/14 03:30 AM

Come see us we cater to you Dallas gun men who want to shoot some fast flyin quail. We are close and easy to all of Dallas. We have great dogs and can show you a great time. And very reasonably priced. We also do half day leases for doves,ducks and have a rifle range to get those deer rifle zeroed to 700 yards. Youth and new shooters welcome and instructors available. 35 miles east of Dallas in community of Poetry Texas.

Shooterwalter
Posted By: HaveGunWillHunt

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/17/14 05:11 PM

Try Box H ranch in Stephenville. The place is run by Calvin Hudson and they will treat you right without breaking the bank.

254-967-1813 Calvin Hudson cell phone
I have been on a few hunts there with my dog, its a great place for pheasant or quail.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/18/14 01:45 PM

Its a haul for you but were looking really good in far west Texas this year for both Blues and Gambles.
I offer self guided hunts with or without lodging and very affordable rates.

www.westtexashuntorg.com
Posted By: Couzin

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/21/14 12:56 AM

Use your search feature here on THF and look up DoubleB20. You will have fun.
Posted By: Adam31

Re: Looking for upland hunt - 08/23/14 02:26 AM

I have sunflower fields full of dove in Haskell texas. It's about 3 hours west of Dallas on 380. Seasonal memberships are 300 dollars. Day hunt for 100. Have room for at least 100 hunters. 325 669 2383
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum