Texas Hunting Forum

The girls also hunt

Posted By: linyera

The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 02:36 PM

I was accompanying a young hunter and his father , my pionter Irupé was the guide !!!
Posted By: RayB

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 03:03 PM

Great pictures, keep them coming laugh
Posted By: Pointer

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 03:03 PM

It is great to see young people getting involved in our sport.

It is hard for me to imagine a father being more proud, than when his son or daughter becomes enamored with the pass time that has long been his (the father's) passion.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 03:29 PM

It is always a joy to get young people excited about upland hunting. Just a word of caution...In the 3rd picture, with the young lady approaching the pointed dog, have her aim the gun skyward as she makes the flush. Much safer that way around dogs. A quick trigger on flush could prove disasterous to your fine pointer.

Good luck with your future hunts.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 04:38 PM

Thanks for posting.
Posted By: 817cd

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 07:16 PM

Never seen anyone upland hunting in waders?
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 08:59 PM

Did any of you guys notice that I didn't comment on how she was carrying her gun while approaching the dog on point?
Posted By: RayB

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Did any of you guys notice that I didn't comment on how she was carrying her gun while approaching the dog on point?

Nope, I was still shocked to see a pointer in water bolt laugh

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/19/14 11:15 PM

Shotgun pipes should always go up when the hunter approaches the dog , was the first thing that I emphasized the father who had to correct her daughter! .the pointer are here multipurpose
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/20/14 01:15 AM

Cool pics! Looks like a fun time for sure.
Posted By: kindall

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/20/14 04:58 PM

Yes I did.
Such a nice thing to get kids out hunting. I didn't want to be the one to say it. I had figured the dog owner would have talked to her, or her father, when he saw it happen.
Posted By: NorthTXbirdhunter

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/20/14 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: kindall

Yes I did.
Such a nice thing to get kids out hunting. I didn't want to be the one to say it. I had figured the dog owner would have talked to her, or her father, when he saw it happen.

Yes, I said it. Was I supposed to let that go or not? After you have to bury a couple of your best canine friends because of just this, you start to take an assessment of safety everytime a dog goes on point. If it means saving another dog from such an accident, I will call it like I see it.
Posted By: kindall

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/21/14 01:08 PM

It was just a inside joke. Bill is the one that spots it first most of the time, and makes the comment.
More experienced hunters, do and should correct someone that has the potential for making a hunt unsafe.

Re: The girls also hunt - 05/21/14 01:58 PM

I am a dog owner , I was taking photographs when the girl puts the gun in that position , and what I was first told his father !!!that will teach you how to correctly use the shotgun because I LOVE MY POINTER !!!!!!!!!!!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum