Texas Hunting Forum

Gambel's Quail Pictures

Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 05:39 AM

Covey of Gambel's Quail living in the brush beside my house.

Posted By: blanked

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 10:56 AM

Love those gambels. Thanks
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 01:55 PM

Neat!
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 02:00 PM

Very cool.
Posted By: 817cd

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 02:25 PM

Nice pics
Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 05:39 PM

Great pictures. up Thanks

And it looks like a female on the left?
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 07:40 PM

Awesome; I've never seen one of those
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 07:59 PM

Beautiful birds. Great pics
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 08:33 PM

And people shoot them????
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 08:34 PM

They look tasty
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 09:41 PM

Hmmm... a dove and a quail with the same shot... in the backyard.If only it was the right time of year and it was legal, so tempting.
Posted By: DogKeeper22

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 09:48 PM

Hey Colt great pics - spent my freshman year in Tucson and grew up closer to Flagstaff - I miss the quail for sure. Tasty birds - I keep going back and forth on getting a male mounted but they taste so good...
Posted By: DogKeeper22

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt Dog
Hmmm... a dove and a quail with the same shot... in the backyard.If only it was the right time of year and it was legal, so tempting.

There are a few days that overlap the second dove season sometimes, the only bad thing about hunting dove is putting the plug back in. If I don't get drawn for Deer Elk or Antelope we usually spend at least one holiday in AZ chasing quail.
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DogKeeper22

There are a few days that overlap the second dove season sometimes, the only bad thing about hunting dove is putting the plug back in. If I don't get drawn for Deer Elk or Antelope we usually spend at least one holiday in AZ chasing quail.

That's why I like my O/U. Don't have to worry about a plug. Used to hunt in Dimmit County in late December. Deer in the morning. Dove and Quail in the afternoon while working sendaros from the back of a truck. The quail was interesting because the lease had Bobwhites and Mexican Blues. Blues are a trip to hunt because they prefer to run on the ground rather than flush like Bobs.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/07/14 10:49 PM

Nice pics!
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/08/14 07:04 PM

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Originally Posted By: jeh7mmmag
Great pictures. up Thanks

And it looks like a female on the left?

Yup, female.

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
And people shoot them????

Taste great.

Hey Colt great pics - spent my freshman year in Tucson and grew up closer to Flagstaff - I miss the quail for sure. Tasty birds - I keep going back and forth on getting a male mounted but they taste so good...

Those head plumes are awesome on Gambel's.

I didn't know Arizona had so many game animals until I moved here.

That's why I like my O/U. Don't have to worry about a plug. Used to hunt in Dimmit County in late December. Deer in the morning. Dove and Quail in the afternoon while working sendaros from the back of a truck. The quail was interesting because the lease had Bobwhites and Mexican Blues. Blues are a trip to hunt because they prefer to run on the ground rather than flush like Bobs.

We had Bob White Quail in WV where I grew up. Its amazing how the different types of quail make completely different noises.
Posted By: Bigking

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/11/14 02:44 AM

Really like the little crests they have,really neat. See a lot of them around Carmel Cali.
Posted By: catfish391

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/11/14 12:13 PM

Neat
Posted By: General Houston

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/17/14 05:43 PM

Reminds me of my time in Tucson. If only you could hunt the golf courses in the area, easy limits by the 3rd hole!
Posted By: James A

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/18/14 05:09 PM

Great Pics!!
Posted By: mnhuntingadventures

Re: Gambel's Quail Pictures - 02/20/14 06:49 AM

Awesomepictures! up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum