Texas Hunting Forum

Report for Coleman area

Posted By: H&S Critter Getters

Report for Coleman area - 01/20/14 04:11 AM

Hunted last sat west of Coleman on about 500 acres moved 12 nice coveys & 14 the weekend before that on a diffrent property . There on the rebound folks
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/20/14 02:02 PM

Great!
Posted By: CinchMan

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/21/14 04:19 AM

I'm headed to a buddy's lease in Coleman to duck hunt and shoot sole coyotes. Now you got me thinking about bringing my shorthair....

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/21/14 02:07 PM

I seemed to have gotten the best dog work in that area than anywhere in the state, except maybe in the coastal areas.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/21/14 02:38 PM

Got an offer yesterday to come & run the dogs on 400 acres in Coleman, guy says he's covered up in quail but doesn't have any dogs, I plan to help him with that. grin

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/21/14 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
Got an offer yesterday to come & run the dogs on 400 acres in Coleman, guy says he's covered up in quail but doesn't have any dogs, I plan to help him with that. grin

I'll be out there this weekend hunting with my dogs.
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/22/14 03:40 AM

I'll be out there just south of town Sat and Sun too. Between the three of us,should have a nice Coleman thread for Monday

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/23/14 06:01 AM

Hunted Tuesday with a couple guys moved 12 nice coveys with 2 little setters they had a ball !!! South west of Coleman

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/23/14 02:47 PM

The guy I was supposed to go with canceled our hunt for the weekend because he's afraid of bad weather. So I'm out unfortunately.

Good luck to the rest of y'all.
Posted By: AWSjr

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/23/14 06:06 PM

I'm in Grosvenor...not seeing more birds yet. Birds in Coleman is very good news....
Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/27/14 10:43 AM

Coleman hunt was ok. Found a fair number of birds, mostly out in the open but on the edge of thick cedars so not much followup. Good dog work when humidity was above 30! Took big camera, so got better high shutter speed shots than normal. Enjoy

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/27/14 01:28 PM

Great pics, looks like y'all had a good time.

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/27/14 02:00 PM

Great pictures. I almost never get pictures of birds in the air with my point and shoot.

Re: Report for Coleman area - 01/27/14 04:27 PM

Hunted again sat 13 nice coveys on some new areas they shot 18 birds good dog work all around great hunt .

Re: Report for Coleman area - 02/04/14 06:23 PM

Hunted yesterday 2-3-14 liked to have froze . Dogs liked it just fine moved 9 nice coveys shot 9 birds not to mad at um . Most coveys had aleast 12 to 15 birds
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum