Texas Hunting Forum

Buzz worms

Posted By: RayB

Buzz worms - 02/27/11 07:05 PM

The GSP club of San Antonio has had two dogs bit on their training/trial grounds this week, they both had the Red Rock vaccine but the Britt didn't make it.
Winter to summer, got to love TX weather.

Posted By: Pointer

Re: Buzz worms - 02/27/11 07:19 PM

Oh yeah, they are crawling. Matter of fact, noticed a snake skin right next to my house yesterday as I was cleaning up the hunting truck. Granted, it wasn't a rattlebug, but this warm weather has got them stirring.

Posted By: jjandcompany

Re: Buzz worms - 02/28/11 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear that,First trial in 71-2 had 1/2 dozen found no bites. Over at calaveras judge bill mccoys horse crow hopped all over the top of big one. Used to be fun bunch of people, hows numbers nowdays?

Posted By: beatarmy

Re: Buzz worms - 02/28/11 01:52 AM

that's part of the reason I haven't been bird hunting in the past 3 weeks. Too warm.

Posted By: Bobby B

Re: Buzz worms - 02/28/11 03:55 AM

I hate those names. There is nothing wormy or buggy about them. Having lost 2 dogs to them, I guess I have a little more respect for them and their method of operation and I just call them rattlers.

But I do hate 'em with a passion and shoot, run over or beat to death with a club every one I get a chance to.

Posted By: Chet

Re: Buzz worms - 02/28/11 04:05 AM

It's a scary deal, I have a 4 mo. old pointer I've been running in the evenings and with the warmer weather we've been having I'm calling the vet to see if he's old enough to get his snake shots.

Posted By: Bobby B

Re: Buzz worms - 02/28/11 04:12 AM

One thing to bear in mind about the shots. The vaccine takes 4 weeks to become affective and requires boosters.

Also, if your dog takes a body shot in the vital organ area, the vaccine wont do any good.

Colt was current, but being hit in the lungs, my vet said he doubted anti venom would have helped.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum