Texas Hunting Forum

are bobs making a comeback?

Posted By: blanked

are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 05:12 AM

have heard arkansas is on the upswing on bobs. is this speculation or true. anywhere else? more importatntly what has been done to cause this? are quail learning to adapt to fire ants?

Posted By: lawmann

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 09:03 AM

If they were learning to adapt to fireants, I would think they would do it in texas first as they have been exposed to them longer here. I doubt they have or ever will. Don't ask TP&W the same question without being prepared to be lied to about how fireants are not the problem with the quail population.

Posted By: twostrike

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 10:49 AM

If the fireants were the only problem how do you explain South Texas having one of the largest populations of quail in the nation, I think that improved pastures (i.e.
coastal bermuda) are a much larger problem then fireants.

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 11:00 AM

Posted By: tigger

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 11:33 AM

amen to twostrike

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 12:04 PM

I live at Lake Whitney and in 1990 the flooding allowed the ants to cross the brazos on to our ranch. Nothing else changed as far as farming or the amount of native grasses availabe to the quail. In 2 years all bobwhites were gone, and we had 2 foot tall fireant mounds to replace them. The mounds are 20-30 feet apart and cover the whole place. No control methods will work. I would guess that south texas was a crossing point for them as I have never observed the total complete control over an ecosystem that the fireants have over Bosque County. I have hunted all over south Texas and they don't have that same type of fireant problem. I don't know if it's soil type or weather related. I suggest you go there and see for yourself.

Posted By: Cool_Hand

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 03:08 PM

Lawman, check with TP&WD. They'll tell you that the fire ant has minimal affect on quail!! I know its sounds rediculous but its true. Loss of habitat and predation is the biggest threat to our quail. I've been a member of Quail Masters for a little while and have attended a couple of seminars. I used to be like you but I just had to go find out for myself.

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 03:38 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback?
lawmann

Sorry to hear they have overtaken you. Sounds like you are unindanted with RIFA. Have you talked to USDA or ASC agent about help with control and eradication?

You might have seen pictures of massed fire ants killing hatchling quail chicks or stinging the noses and eyes of newborn deer. Without question RIFA can kill young birds, small mammals, and reptiles. However, in the case of quail, it could be that a more important impact on populations is the removal of insect food that would normally be available to quail chicks. Because quail populations fluctuate widely due to climatic changes, it is hard to pinpoint the extent to which RIFA might trigger populatioin-wide collapse. Certainly if climatic conditions are unfavorable, the depredations by fire ants could become a major factor in affecting the survival of certain species of wildlife.
http://www.towma.org/article_info.php?articles_id=27&zoom_highlight=rifa

Posted By: reeltexan

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 07:00 PM

I am seeing quail in Ellis county where I have not seen them in over 20 years. Come back? I don't know. But it is at least encouraging to see birds again. A bob ran across the road in front of my truck yesterday just out of Ennis.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/11/07 08:16 PM

I just moved from DeSoto to Coleman. Lived there for 45 years. Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread. Here in Coleman the bobs are on the third hatch on a lot of the ranches! Thats really good news because we didn't have any last year!

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/12/07 09:47 AM

Here is the whole picture and everyone can decide for themselves. 1971 born and lived on our ranch, 6042 acres. 24 tanks and a series of creeks with water about half the year. several spread out 50-100 acre corn and wheat crops that are just for the game. Half shredded, half left standing midsummer. Miles of native grases. 4-6 people hunting it with no pressure. No cattle or other livestock. We predator hunt all the time and take fox and bobcats by the dozens. Coyotes are few and far between due to the lack of livestock. The quail population was thriving from the time I can remember until the winter of 1990 when the ants showed up. The following fall there were still quail but not as many. no new ag practices on our ranch so nothing changed. The following fall we did not hunt quail due to the low numbers, I also noticed jackrabbits were getting sparce. From about 1995 until now we have not seen a quail or jackrabbit. Doves are thick as in Mexico as are every other native game bird or animal. We tried every method of control for the ants and nothing works. They looked as though they were slowing down during the drought but are now as thick as ever. Nothing changed on our ranch as far as cover, food, predators or water and the quail and jackrabbits thrived. The ants showed up and now they are gone like they were never there. Draw your own conclusions.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/12/07 12:17 PM

ants bad, no ants good

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/12/07 02:59 PM

My friend is on 2,800 acres down in Bosque as well and tells the exact same story. Since they have no explanation other than fire ants. There are some extra coastal fields around and more cows but they can't explain why they went from bountiful to zero. All they can say is fireants and some other unknown factor as land defragmentation has been the opposite around them and cedars are being whiped out more and more.

Posted By: blanked

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/12/07 08:10 PM

what gets me is why no one can come up with an answer for this. we got an answer to globlal warming, man on the moon, life on mars, but cant come up with a game plan to get the quail back on track.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/13/07 01:42 AM

Quote:

what gets me is why no one can come up with an answer for this. we got an answer to globlal warming, man on the moon, life on mars, but cant come up with a game plan to get the quail back on track.

Blanked, all you have to do is email TP&WD. TP&WD aren't just sitting on their buns in Austin, quit bangin your head against the wall and ask somebody that knows. This subject has been gone over a jillion times and the TWO main reasons for the decline of quail is loss of habitat and water. Good grief man, we've been in a drought for some time now. Costal is not a good habitat for quail and coastal is not food for quail. There are 5 major seeds that quail eat. Do you know what they are? Well, if you don't have moisture and habitat, quail can't survive!! If you don't have any food for the birds, they won't be there. East Texas has tried to introduce quail for years and there is something about the food and habitat situation that won't support them. If you had birds at one time, you still have a few somewhere! Where? In placesyou evidently haven't covered. Last year here in Coleman Co. we had NO birds. We drove the roads just hoping to see ONE or TWO getting the pebbles for their craws but none did we see. Not until the rains started to fall and then PTL we started seeing some birds. WE also have fire ants, Blanked!!! So do yourself a favor and contact someone that knows more about it than you do because with your own information that you have, you are never going to find out the real answer! My2cents Oh, I forgot!!! You said TP&WD would lie to you about the quail!! Why would they lie? Okay ask Quail Masters then ot Dale Rollins and see what they say!! You're just beatin your own drum instead of digging for the real answer, IMHO.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/13/07 07:50 AM

I can also remember in 1986 when TP&W biologists said wild hogs and javelina never occupy the same range. Expert wildlife biologists are in the private sector and are paid very well for their knowledge. State jobs are for the ones that did not test very well. My2cents.

Posted By: marine0311

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/20/07 01:08 AM

my dad is seeing a few, very few in eastland county

Posted By: west tex

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/20/07 06:06 AM

when are people going to learn that the only two things that control the quail are god and the weather. if they are there kill every last one cause next year there might not be any. there is no such thing as seed birds.

Posted By: tigger

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/20/07 10:20 AM

If you do not have seed you cannot make a comeback. !!!!!!

Posted By: First_Chance

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 12:09 PM

Post deleted by First_Chance

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 06:27 PM

First_Chance, I disagree with you and would like to see some documentation on what you said. I'm a member of Quail Masters and Texas Wildlife Assn. and have been to several seminars. You show me in black and white and then we'll talk some more!! The only reason quail will decline in numbers in a certain area is because of poor management of natural grasses that provide the nessessary seeds and habitat and of course water. Some doubted they would recover from this drought we are Still in but they did and they are coming back! You and I have to take precautionary measures to see that this does not happen. Are you a land owner and if so what are you doing in that respect? If not, what are you doing in that respect? I'm sorry but I just don't believe everything I read about wildlife until I can verify it somehow. Now if you said that was your opinion I would have never said a word and formed my own conclusion. But you made the statement so I would like to see something to back your findings! Thanks, My2cents.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 06:54 PM

Quote:

To answer your question, no... Bobs are not making a comeback. Falling quail numbers are sobering at best.

Sorry sir if you thought I have a chip on my shoulder!! I just don't think you are an authority on quail numbers!! Is that a statement you made about " failing numbers" or what? I'm just a dumb ole' country boy that lives by a pretty good motto! Don't believe nothing you hear and half of what you see! And Blanked is about as informed about quail as you are!! I might want to look into that reading course by the way.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 07:02 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 07:07 PM

I can't read the last year on that scale. Does it say 2000?

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 07:15 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 07:22 PM

Okay, I said I would like to read something and I did, thanks. You really should try to watch youself in the name calling catagory though! We haven't experienced that on my place except for last year when we had none. This year we are experiencing good growth. Have a great day!

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 07:42 PM

Oh, by the way First_Chance, notice I didn't say hotshot or something else, Their charts (TP&WD) are almost 5 years behind!! Only goes to 2003! If you'll notice!! So we still don't know anything, according to TP&WD, about the last 5 years do we? Thats a long time, five years, so I'll reiterate, would Evelyn Woods say that? I don't believe the quail are in that bad of shape, just my opinion now!! You and Blanked put this in your peace pipe and smoke it!

Posted By: CritterGitter

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 08:02 PM

Quote:

Oh, by the way First_Chance, notice I didn't say hotshot or something else, Their charts (TP&WD) are almost 5 years behind!! Only goes to 2003! If you'll notice!! So we still don't know anything, according to TP&WD, about the last 5 years do we?

What you mean "we", white man?

Quote:

Thats a long time, five years, so I'll reiterate, would Evelyn Woods say that?

She might. I'm also pretty sure she'd apologize to "blanked" if she'd said the crap to him you did, given that you were raking him over the coals for something *someone else* said.

Quote:

I don't believe the quail are in that bad of shape, just my opinion now!!

Your opinion and $4 will almost buy a large cup of Starbuck's coffee. If you'll take another look at the graphs in question you'll find that the quail populations have been consistently trending downward for the past ~30 & ~40 years for scaled & bobwhite quail, respectively. If you seriously believe that these consistent long-terms trends have suddenly reversed themselves, or at least leveled off then I have some swamp land I think you might like to buy. Here's TPWD's 2006-2007 quail forecast:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/planning/quail_forecast/2007/

Not quite in line with what you've decided to "believe".

Quote:

You and Blanked put this in your peace pipe and smoke it!

Amazing. Even after it was pointed out to you that "blanked" isn't the poster you have an issue with...you're *STILL* referring to him as though he was.

Maybe that should be your last beer for today.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 08:33 PM

You know Critter, maybe you should take the Evelyn Woods course. My coments to Blanked were abour fire ants if I recall and TP&WD have a pretty good handle on what effect the fire ant is having on quail. I did not rake him over the coals. He accused the TP&WD of lieing. You need to get your head out and look around. I don't apologise for offering help to where to find something that he seemed to be banging his head against the wall as I believe I said. You are doing nothing except trying to add fuel to a fire that is only burning on one side. I don't remember anyone dying and leaving you in charge of this discussion anyway. I did say that I'm as a land owner not experiencing those problems that were being discussed here on the Forum. I'm not irritated like you and First_Chance. Why not? Because I manage my ranch like its susposed to be and everything doesn't always turn out like I want but quail has been our bread and butter for the past ten or twelve years and their numbers are not declining on my place. I've got fire ants but our birds are flourishing. You two guys haven't got a clue to what my place is like so I've got my opinion on this matter and you have yours. By the way, I can't afford Starbucks. You can take up the peace pipe too Critter!!

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 08:50 PM

Quote:

You know Critter, maybe you should take the Evelyn Woods course. My coments to Blanked were abour fire ants if I recall and TP&WD have a pretty good handle on what effect the fire ant is having on quail. I did not rake him over the coals.

Uh, yes you did. Multiple times.

Quote:

He accused the TP&WD of lieing. You need to get your head out and look around.

LOL! The irony ( Webster's Dictionary) is too entertaining. He didn't say anything about TPWD lying. That was "lawmann" (post #227305). In fact, your mistake was already pointed out to you in a previous post...and you STILL don't see it. You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?

Quote:

I don't apologise for offering help to where to find something that he seemed to be banging his head against the wall as I believe I said.

English not your primary language? Be that as it may...you really need to revisit the beginning of the thread. You seem to have gotten lost quite early, and show no signs of figuring it out.

Quote:

You are doing nothing except trying to add fuel to a fire that is only burning on one side. I don't remember anyone dying and leaving you in charge of this discussion anyway.

I wasn't under the impression that taking part in a discussion constituted taking "charge". What are you....5 years old?

Quote:

I did say that I'm as a land owner not experiencing those problems that were being discussed here on the Forum. I'm not irritated like you and First_Chance. Why not?

Who said anyone was irritated about anything? I've just pointed out the fact that you keep making asinine comments to people in spite of the fact that you don't even know who's said what.

Quote:

Because I manage my ranch like its susposed to be and everything doesn't always turn out like I want but quail has been our bread and butter for the past ten or twelve years and their numbers are not declining on my place.

I must have missed the part where the discussion was about quail populations on "(your) place", or where conditions on your place were the prime indicator for the state as a whole.

Quote:

I've got fire ants but our birds are flourishing. You two guys haven't got a clue to what my place is like...

Nor does anyone give a rat's arse. Your place isn't the topic. Of course, originally you were telling others that they didn't have a clue about quail populations in general. Funny how that one turned out, eh?

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 08:57 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 08:59 PM

Quote:

+10 forum points for so eloquently stating the obvious.

If there's one thing that I have a firm grasp on, it's the obvious

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:03 PM

50,000 comedians out of work and we have to listen to you?! Help Randall, hes pickin on me!

You talk the the talk...... Evelyn Woods here I come!! You're not a lawyer are you? Yeah, you got a firm grasp alright.....

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:08 PM

Quote:

50,000 comedians out of work and we have to listen to you?! Help Randall, hes pickin on me!

You talk the the talk...... Evelyn Woods here I come!! You're not a lawyer are you? Yeah, you got a firm grasp alright.....

A lame attempt to divert attention from your own stupidity is no more impressive than the stupidity itself.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:25 PM

Hey pardner I really don't care about your assessment of me and I know you're trying to make me mad but it ain't gonna happen. If you're a rogue scholar, nobody gives a rats arse about that either. Lame or not, I've stated my opinions and you haven't changed my mind at all! Funny how this all turned out! Okay, you win, thats what you wanted to project, right? What in tarnation are you hiding that you have to prove yourself right on every occasion. I guess you're the sharpest knife in the drawer? I think not! I conceded to First_Chance when he showed the graphs but you still egged this on. Like I said you talk the talk but I'd bet thats the end of the road for you.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 09:30 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:40 PM

You haven't proved anything man, only the fact that you know how to argue and have a few little cute sayings.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:42 PM

Quote:

You haven't proved anything man, only the fact that you know how to argue and have a few little cute sayings.

Hey, Einstein...have you figured out that whole "blanked accused the TP&WD of lieing" thing yet?

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 09:45 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 09:48 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 09:54 PM

Boy you can't stand it can you? I just went over to another thread and you've started some manure over there!! I'll be dumb as a box of rocks and we'll call you the SFB Mouth of the South. Man, you love to sling it don't you? Can we conclude that about you?

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 09:59 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 10:12 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/21/07 10:16 PM

Post deleted by HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/21/07 10:20 PM

Holy cow. And here I thought idiots like you only existed on bad T.V. sit-coms. Seriously...I heard more intelligent commentary coming from my kids' classmates when they were in the 3rd grade.

Lame, lame, eat some crow boy, how does it taste? Really what needs to be done is give you a good case of the lettin alone and ignore you like most of the others are doing.

Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 11:51 AM

The bobs used to be thick on my land. They disappeared before the fire ants arrived. I blame an extended drought. They just couldn't rebuild. I didn't change anything except for getting rid of cows. Neither did my neighbors.

Both public and private biologists blame changing land usage practices. Both agree that fire ants are a small part of the problem. Before this year, and with the exception of 2004, we had an 8 year drought. Up until then, I had a lot of tarantulas and large centipedes. Maybe fire ants got them. I just don't know. However, I do know that the ants haven't altered my grasshopper population. It seems like they should. Fire ants have also been credited with reducing red ant populations. They have made a significant rebound at my place and I still have no shortage of fire ants. If the ants harm wildlife populations like fawns, it seems that they would also hit coons. I'm loaded with those suckers.

A Phd friend of mine got a grant to test some new fire ant baits. He used my land as a test since I was loaded. The new stuff didn't work any better than Amdro. There doesn't seem to be much of an answer to the fire ant problem.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 12:38 PM

Quote:

Lame, lame, eat some crow boy, how does it taste?

When you were a kid, you rode the short bus to school, didn't you?

You remind me of the guy who gets his arse kicked and, while laying on the ground, spitting teeth into a pool of his own blood, looks up at his unscathed assailant and asks, "Had enough?"

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 02:49 PM

You know it does kinda remind me of grade school in a way. You remind me of a kid that always waited until he was a safe distance away before he would cough up some bragadoscious retort and then run like hell. Yeah, he was UNSCATHED alright because all you could see was his backside! In this case you have your pc screen to hide behind. Feeling a little yellow are you? I saw where you jumped in on yet another debate from the peanut gallery. I think everybody has got you figured out by now. You need to go back to what you were doing because all you have proven is you are the king of retort. You'll probably be in Starbucks before I will. UNSCATHED....only a nerd talks like you do.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:13 PM

Quote:

You know it does kinda remind me of grade school in a way.

I'm surprised you remember that at all, considering that it doesn't sound like you made it past the 2nd grade.

Quote:

You remind me of a kid that always waited until he was a safe distance away befor he would cough up some bragadosious retort and then run like hell. Yeah, he was UNSCATHED alright because all you could see was his backside! In this case you have your pc screen to hide behind. Feeling a little yellow are you?

That's all pretty funny coming from someone who started ragging on someone for something someone else said, and then were too stupid to realize it...even after having it pointed out to you multiple times...and too much of a candyass to then acknowledge it and apologize to the individual in question.

Quote:

You need to go back to what you were doing because all you have proven is you are the king of retort.

I don't know about that, but I've made it pretty obvious what a moron you are.

Quote:

UNSCATHED....only a nerd talks like you do.

Them and people with a post-kindergarten grasp of English. Maybe we can find someone closer to your mental level to spar with...like a slow 1st grader, perhaps.

Posted By: Guy

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:29 PM

You guys really crack me up, I need to come to this upland section more, did not know you guys have so much fun around here. Here is a tip for you guys tho, unless you want to just burn a lot of calories, do not argue with Critter, you cannot win.

Posted By: garrett

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:31 PM

now get rid of that lab, get a real gun dog and come join us in a gentlemans sport

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:36 PM

Quote:

You guys really crack me up, I need to come to this upland section more, did not know you guys have so much fun around here. Here is a tip for you guys tho, unless you want to just burn a lot of calories, do not argue with Critter, you cannot win.

I don't know that his incoherent, adolescent babbling really rises to the exhalted level of argueing. Another important difference is that I'll readily admit when I've been shown to be wrong. I've already done so in this forum.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:40 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:42 PM

Quote:

I'll readily admit when I've been shown to be wrong. I've already done so in this forum.

Really, I must have missed that. Did I miss it where you admitted the Cowboys are better than the Raiders, or was it another topic?

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:46 PM

Here is another tip, don't argue with FC becasue he is normally right.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 03:46 PM

Quote:

Really, I must have missed that.

I'm sure that's not the only thing you've missed. But, if you must know:

Migratory Bird Hunting->3 1/2" v. 3" shells - post #228287.

Quote:

Did I miss it where you admitted the Cowboys are better than the Raiders, or was it another topic?

I only admit to something when it's shown to be true

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 04:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Really, I must have missed that.

I'm sure that's not the only thing you've missed. But, if you must know:

Migratory Bird Hunting->3 1/2" v. 3" shells - post #228287.

Oh my gosh, that will have to go in THF record book.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 04:03 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh, that will have to go in THF record book.

Is that your way of admitting that you were wrong?

Oh, and...the Cowboys still suck

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/22/07 07:30 PM

Post deleted by Cool_Hand

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/22/07 07:50 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/22/07 08:20 PM

Posted By: Birddogger

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 08:38 PM

Wow, this is some post. From my experience hunting quail in TX for 20 years I would agree that the quail populations as a whole across the state have declined on average. There are some areas I have seen that continue to have strong populations even in bad overall years for the state. One is the place we hunt in Uvalde although the #'s last year were down enough we didnt even quail hunt. On a ranch we have hunted for 15+ years in Moran (4500 acres) we have gone from 25+ covey days to being lucky to find 5. The weather has been the biggest factor from what I have seen although other factors that have been mentioned all influence things. Hopefully we will see a rebound this year with the moisture we have had. Reports from some areas we hunt look to be good. While I don't expect 1 or 2 good years to mean the quail are coming back like they used to be it is certainly possible with good moisture and management practices to sustain better populations than we have seen the last 2-3 years in most areas. For those that do their part to maintain good habitat and populations I appreciate all you do!

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/22/07 08:43 PM

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 08:54 PM

Quote:

My first impression was to not respond but you and your SFB buddy think you're so smart...

Well, no. We just know that you're a moron.

Quote:

and enjoy being arsholes...

Hypocrite.

Quote:

so here we go again. First off nobody, yeah nobody had a 25 coveys/day last year dufus

Learn to read.

Quote:

not even your place of employment. My outfitter had to go to the far reaches of West Texas to get half that many scaled quail coveys. So, not only do you think you're crap don't stink, you're also a liar.

No, you're an illiterate fool.

Quote:

You cannot prove to me that you had 38 days of 25coveys/day.

He doesn't need to, since that's not what he said...idiot.

Quote:

I have a hunting only ranch also and I don't need ANY boilogists trying to find out what I have on my place.

Well, one thing we know for sure...there's no sign of intelligent life there.

Quote:

Who in the hell are you trying to fool dumbass. Well, it isn't me.

Yeah, you're obviously too smart for the likes of him.

Quote:

I bet both you and SFB could suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch. And you getting embarassed isn't the first time. And who wants to win??? You and SFB are both members of the peanut gallery anyway. I know plenty of guys like you that like to brag about working on a place and you'd think you owned the place by the way you talk but most of you are just trying to fortify your egos to keep from letting people know that you're just a peon working for the other guy. Both of you buttlicks...

You sure are fond of the homoerotic imagery. Is there something you're trying to tell us about yourself?

Quote:

are hiding behind your pcs...

What are you doing? Standing on the streetcorner?

Quote:

and don't have an ounce of fiber in your bodies.

I'll have you know that I eat at least 3 bran muffins each week.

Quote:

One thing I can't stand is a Chickens---

So, are you excited to be going back to school now that summer vacation is over? Hopefully you won't flunk English this time.

Quote:

Thats all I have to say about that!!

Aye, aye...Forrest Gump.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/22/07 10:27 PM

When you guys start name calling, that is crossing the line, that is a “personal attack” and is a against the rules. Attack what the person says, not the person. There is some good info on this thread, don’t mess it up with a bunch of BS name calling, that is not cool. Thank you.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 08/23/07 12:32 AM

Posted By: Chet

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/23/07 11:11 AM

What we need is more cow bell

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/23/07 12:30 PM

Quote:

You're winning friends and influecing people fast aren't you.

"Hello Pot... meet Kettle!"

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 08/23/07 01:55 PM

Quote:

When you guys start name calling, that is crossing the line, that is a “personal attack” and is a against the rules. Attack what the person says, not the person. There is some good info on this thread, don’t mess it up with a bunch of BS name calling, that is not cool. Thank you.

Since you responded to my thread, and not his, are we to assume that you don't like "idiot" but are OK with "buttlickers"....or what?

Posted By: Ticket

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 09/06/07 05:04 PM

fyi;
=======================================
Fire Ant Killing Nematodes:
* Heterorhabditis indica

Heterorhabditis indica, is a species of nematode newly discovered in the U.S. It has been isolated from a species of citrus root weevil. The variety in our mix is particularly suited for use in warm southern soils where fire ants are found most of the time.
================================

I may start working with a land mgt gentleman that clears fire ants and manages land for quail, controlled burns etc; the above is one of the tricks he uses.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 09/12/07 12:08 PM

nematodes?....hmmmmm. now that sounds promising!

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? - 09/12/07 02:23 PM

Critter! Some of the Mods have more patience than i do when it comes to rude, name calling obnoxious people. If you continue with your antics, I'll be more than happy to just keep on deleting. That is not something i enjoy doing, and i would hope you refrain. There's good info on this thread and i would hate to see it get locked because of rule infractions.

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 09/12/07 02:43 PM

I seen a special that was filmed in Beeville, they were introducing a South American fly that actually hunted down fire ants and laid an egg in it, with the developing pupa eventually killing the host.

Re: are bobs making a comeback? *DELETED* - 10/02/07 08:36 AM

Oh well, now it does not matter. I have hogs as of 4 weeks ago. What the fireants don't kill the pigs will. I'm cool with it, I would rather have pigs than quail anyway.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum