Texas Hunting Forum

Upland Boots

Posted By: reeltexan

Upland Boots - 01/14/11 02:07 PM

What boots do you guys like the best? I'm probably going to need a new pair next season and wanted to get some comments.
Thanks.

Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 02:15 PM

Browning kangaroo. They are expensive but very light & no break in. I will probably replace mine next year, I got them in 04.

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 02:16 PM

Ditto!

Posted By: CoolHandGSPs

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 02:25 PM

You cant beat Filson

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 03:10 PM

I really like my Danner Pronghorns. I thought I'd be smart and put in some of those "gel" insoles...FAIL - resulted in improper fit and BLISTERS. Took them out and no problems. I'm not "gellin" but I can walk with no blisters.

Posted By: danceswithquail

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 03:36 PM

Ditto on Danner Pronghorns, great fit right out of the box. The Goretex tends to last about two seasons in my experience, but light and good support.

Posted By: CSF

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 03:49 PM

I like my Itasca Upland Hunting Boots. I like them because they are comfy and most of all, because they were a gift laugh

Posted By: MarkA

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 03:49 PM

Gotta go with CoolHandGPS, FILSON is the very best upland boot around. Had worn the Cabela's Kanagroo and liked them, but replaced after 4 years with Filson at my buddies suggestion. Wow! The fit and finish are exceptional and the support and comfort out of this world!

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 04:10 PM

Danner sharptail II GTX snake

Snake proof, light, comfortable, and goretex lined

Foreverlast has a boot that's the same design and 50 dollars cheaper...but I haven't tried them.

Posted By: Chet

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 06:04 PM

Russell South Forties, best upland boot I've ever owned. The pair I have is 17 years old and sent back once to re-sole.

Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 09:55 PM

This thread is reading about like one of those Chevy, or Ford threads they have on the OT forum, about once a week.

Posted By: beatarmy

Re: Upland Boots - 01/14/11 10:05 PM

I have Cabelas Premier Kangaroo boots...I think thins is my 4th season with them. Very comfortable & light. No break in. Wore a hole in the leather in the toe a few years ago and had a leather toe cap put on. The cobbler pierced the gore-tex so they aren't waterproof anymore, but otherwise they're fine. Cabelas doesn't seem to carry the ones I have anymore, so I'm thinking about breaking down and getting russels but I'd hate to drop 4-500 bucks only to wear a hole in the toe again. Also I'm not sure how well the russels do in wet conditions.

Posted By: Revoman

Re: Upland Boots - 01/15/11 12:01 AM

Gokie

Posted By: Pointer

Re: Upland Boots - 01/15/11 10:32 PM

Rather than brand names, and I am as guilty of that as the next guy, but we need to be buying what ever fits us right. You can't be happy with your new boots if your feet aren't happy...and everybody's foot is different. Oh yeah, did I tell you about my new Danner Pronghorn Snakeboots???

Posted By: tigger

Re: Upland Boots - 01/15/11 11:40 PM

niki tennis shoes, i feal the accelerator on the mule just fine.

Re: Upland Boots - 01/16/11 02:59 AM

Originally Posted By: tigger
niki tennis shoes, i feal the accelerator on the mule just fine.
now we're gettin' somewhere.

Posted By: TDH09

Re: Upland Boots - 01/16/11 04:00 AM

Love my Danner Pronghorns

Posted By: ruggedcountry

Re: Upland Boots - 01/17/11 02:11 AM

Irish setter by redwing.

Posted By: Sam H

Re: Upland Boots - 01/18/11 03:42 PM

Danner Coveyrise are like moccasins....Irish Setter Wingshooter Classics are more heavy duty /hard core

Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Upland Boots - 01/18/11 04:40 PM

What fits you best and you are not worn out after a day of walking in the sand and furrows. I've had Cabelas Premier, Danners, Irish Setters, and about everything but custom. Right now I am in some limited edition Rocky Bison - pretty much like the Cabelas Premier. Like Oxner said, its kind of like a Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing.

Re: Upland Boots - 03/05/11 09:11 PM

ended up buying Danner Pronghorns. picked 'em out today. thanks to everyone for the input.

Posted By: Pointer

Re: Upland Boots - 03/06/11 08:02 PM

Hope you like your new Pronghorns. The thing I've found with my Pronghorn snakeboots is that they are slick as greased owl $h#t when conditions are wet and you are getting on and off metal steps as on a truck. I've slipped too many times. Never fallen, but close. Don't care for the soles. Otherwise, I like 'em.

Posted By: Blanco

Re: Upland Boots - 03/09/11 04:26 PM

Rocky Aztec Snake Boots. Great protection, waterproof to the knee. A bit hot for Summer use. On sale at Cabelas right now

Posted By: Chet

Re: Upland Boots - 03/10/11 04:49 AM

I have a pair of Danner Sharptails that I wear to work dogs and around the kennel, thay are really comfortable and were from the first time I put them on. Look like they will last also. Good luck with the new boots.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum