Texas Hunting Forum

Returning Waders at Bass Pro

Posted By: Cochise

Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 04:50 PM

Does anyone know what bass pro's return policy is on waders? I have had them less than 1 year and they're leaking from somewhere they shouldn't be leaking from less than normal abuse. They're are Bone Dry Extremes, anyone else had problems with these waders?

Posted By: Wingshooter1

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 04:50 PM

I have the same problem with the same waders. Not sure of the return policy.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 05:18 PM

Not sure, one of the reasons I buy only from academy or cabelas. I prefer academy

Good luck

Posted By: tjs011

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 05:55 PM

I've brought waders back to bass pro that had leaks. I was able to exchange for a new pair twice, no questions asked...

Posted By: Wingshooter1

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 06:08 PM

What if they are a few years old? Do you think that they will still exchange them?

Posted By: firefightnjoey

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 06:15 PM

I asked about the policy the last time I was there. I thought I had a leak in mine, but it must have been some water that slipped in over the top (They are hip waders). I tested them since. But, I told them I didn't have the receipt but they were red head. Was told that they don't give too much resistance for red head since it is their brand. Doesn't hurt to try. Take them in and ask.

Posted By: onetime

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 07:01 PM

I returned a pair of Bone dry extremes Tuesday that I bought last year they just said go grab another one and we will exchange it and that was it.

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 07:04 PM

Good deal! Soon as these dry up I'm on my way to swap 'em out. Thanks for the info!

Posted By: BUnityBears

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 07:06 PM

When you guys exchanged them did you have the box for the waders? I am having the same problem but stupidly threw the box the waders came in away. I wouldn't think I could return them, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask...

Posted By: Cased

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 07:07 PM

brought a pair of the bone dry waders back after 2 years use with no receipt, they gave me a gift card for the current price, which was higher than when I bought them. Pretty good with returns up there.

Posted By: Jeremy_Arnett

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/13/09 07:51 PM

I returned some the day before opening weekend after finding a leak on the youth opener. I told them they were 6mo. old and they said the return policy is 30 days. I talked them into it anyways.

Posted By: coachmas

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/15/09 03:23 AM

I got a pair a couple of years ago for Christmas, hunted 4-5 times before the end of the season and another 3-4 times the next season before they started leaking at the seams in the crotch. Took them back in the box (usually keep it for returns or for easy packing) to BPS in Grapevine. They told me to go get a new pair and exchanged them no questions asked.

Now that pair is leaking in the same area, and I will be taking them back over Thanksgiving break when I go to the Broken Arrow store.

Coach

Re: Returning Waders at Bass Pro - 11/15/09 03:27 AM

Yeah, it seems like many people are having problems with the bone dry extremes. They did an even swap no problem; I wanted to just get an instore credit and go buy a pair of waders else where but that was a no-go without a receipt.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum