Texas Hunting Forum

Face Masks

Posted By: BirdDog3TC

Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:00 PM

What kind of face masks or paint, if any, do y'all use?

Posted By: RockinR

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:08 PM

Face paint. Masks get to be a pain in the @$$. They're usually hot, itchy, or you can't spit in them!

Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:18 PM

I have one of the Under Armour masks. It seems like wind would cut right through it, but it doesn't. I love having it when I'm in the boat at 30 mph and 40 degress. I'll also paint up sometimes too. Go to walmart right now while they have their halloween stuff and pick some up. I found some for $1/tube works pretty good. They'll probably have some on sale after halloween too.

Posted By: fishpig30

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:18 PM

Paint. The wife bought me some Duck Commander paint last year, pretty good stuff.

Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:20 PM

Posted By: nogeese

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:44 PM

really?

Posted By: Texas Outdoors Guy

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:44 PM

Academy has a good selection... I use a Primos mask

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:55 PM

I use a net mask early in the season to keep the mosquitoes off. Later I use a fleece mask.

Might buy some Halloween paint this year.

Posted By: Bobbaganoosh

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 08:55 PM

I use a camo hankerchief I picked up at BassPro. I think Academy has them also. Tie it like an old western outlaw mask. When the ducks are coming in I pull it up over the bottom portion of my face...is loose enough on the bottom to allow me to still use my call. Also helps cover the neck. When the ducks arent homing in, I simple pull it down off my face...pretty easy...doesnt get in the way...dont have to worry about being to hot or itchy. And it only costs like $5 or something.

Posted By: nogeese

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 10:28 PM

I only wear a mask if it is REALLY COLD I think the face paint is a little too gung ho for me... JMO

Posted By: kdub

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 10:39 PM

Plus one on the primos, or similar mask. For cold days I've got a fleece mask from cabelers. I'd only use camo paint if my beard was 12in long, putting on camo paint is the equivalent to man makeup. laugh

Posted By: Cochise

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 11:41 PM

I'm working on a decent beard rolleyes so it's camo paint for me

Posted By: cletus

Re: Face Masks - 10/27/09 11:44 PM

back atcha cboone

Posted By: txninja

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 12:49 AM

whatever you choose cover up that face!

Posted By: ArkansasTraveler

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:20 AM

i usually use a toboggan or a hat with paint....a fleece baklava if its cold enough

Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:28 AM

+1 on $1 black halloween paint from wal-mart. just need enough to break your face up. $5 gets me through the season. I have never found a face mask that was comfortable to wear and didn't interfere with calling.

Keep some baby wipes in your blind bag, and only your hunting buddys will know how "gung ho" you are.

If you are worried about how you look take up quail hunting laugh

Posted By: FowlDreams

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:58 AM

That's why I have that UA mask. I can pull it down under my bottom lip to call, but it still keeps my head and big ears warm grin

Posted By: Shooter75056

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BirdDog3TC

What kind of face masks or paint, if any, do y'all use?

10-4 on not being able to spit in them. Face Paint for me just for this reason.

Posted By: Guy

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:06 PM

When I use one, any old mask will do. Before I quit dipping, that was a pain, your mask got all soggy with dip spit. Never use face paint, seems good until after the hunt and you got to wash it off or look a fool going to breakfast. grin

Posted By: tinkerbell

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:07 PM

i use a balaklava, I think my cost $1.50 in the bargain bin. Keeps me warm and concealed beard and all.

Posted By: eevinrude

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 01:42 PM

I use a net mask with ball cap early in the season and if its cold I use the baklava.

Posted By: TexasEd

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: eevinrude
I use a net mask with ball cap early in the season and if its cold I use the baklava.

How does this work for a mask? scratch

Posted By: roadgoeson20

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 02:49 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub
Plus one on the primos, or similar mask. For cold days I've got a fleece mask from cabelers. I'd only use camo paint if my beard was 12in long, putting on camo paint is the equivalent to man makeup. laugh

Well, I suppose a dude with long hair would be the THF authority on makeup.

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: roadgoeson20

ooooooooh burn. It's ok roadgoeson, just be carefull putting your makeup on while driving, if you ladies would just get up ten minutes earlier to pretty up, a lot of car accidents could be avoided.

Posted By: quackrjack

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasEd
I use a net mask early in the season to keep the mosquitoes off. Later I use a fleece mask.

up

Posted By: roadgoeson20

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: roadgoeson20

ooooooooh burn. It's ok roadgoeson, just be carefull putting your makeup on while driving, if you ladies would just get up ten minutes earlier to pretty up, a lot of car accidents could be avoided.

No accidents here. I let your girlfriend drive to drop me back off at my truck. I can put my makeup on then.

Re: Face Masks - 10/28/09 03:37 PM

scratch I don't really get that one. If by my "girlfriend" you are trying to infer that, my wife actually, likes to roll around with a guy who wears make up...dream on. She's got a real man right here. I think she might have the number for a good mary kay lady for you buy your make up from though.

Okie dokie don't want to hijack this thread. back

Posted By: Gacman

Re: Face Masks - 10/30/09 03:27 AM

net most of the year, fleece the rest, but always someething. I think i'm gonna buy me some halloween paint at walmart this saturday... wait for the pics...

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Face Masks - 10/30/09 03:33 AM

paint or fleece, just depends.

Posted By: wal1809

Re: Face Masks - 10/30/09 12:25 PM

I use a handkerchief until it gets butt arse cold. Then I use a robbers mask. I don't care what you use as long as you cover the ugly mug.

I left my handkerchief once and so did my brother. We were hunting some jumpy greenheads in the timber and had to use old charcoal from the firepit. It don't matter what you use just cover up the flash off of your face.

Imagine being 5 yards up and looking down into a brown field of dead grass and no leaves on the trees. You can spot a white flash from a face really easy. Now imagine what the birds can see.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum