Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for Cinnamon Teal

Posted By: BradyBuck

Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/19/24 03:13 PM

I am looking to find a hunt where I can shoot some cinnamons. Any suggestions? Guides and outfitters?
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/19/24 03:38 PM

Capt jake Huddleston in Port lavaca has been shooting a few this year, says he can't guarantee them but they are around.

Other than that going to Mexico, pacific side is the only sure thing.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/19/24 04:30 PM

Several Lubbock-area guides advertise cinnamon teal. As 2FLY mentioned, nothing's every guaranteed. Not sure if this is the right time of year for teal in WTX.

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/19/24 07:03 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/19/24 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
I am looking to find a hunt where I can shoot some cinnamons. Any suggestions? Guides and outfitters?

I doubled on pair a drakes last year out side Millersville.

NM is where Id go for a 90% of better though
Posted By: Coastalquacker

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/20/24 07:50 PM

I killed one just south of Dallas, but that was total luck. I think NM would be first and then lower coast
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/20/24 09:14 PM

Who isn't....LOL. Good luck.
Posted By: FowlTrouble

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/20/24 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Coastalquacker
I killed one just south of Dallas, but that was total luck. I think NM would be first and then lower coast

Show him off man! They are rare especially here!
Posted By: DuckSausage

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/22/24 02:02 AM

Shot a bunch in Mexico. California and Peru are also good options. cheers
Posted By: john paul

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/23/24 01:40 PM

If you’re wanting to stay in Texas the further west you go the better. I’ve only killed 4 in my life and they were all from one hunt (sw of Lubbock about 30 miles). If you don’t mind leaving Texas almost any state west of here should be a pretty good bet, especially CA.
Posted By: StevieRay54

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/24/24 05:22 PM

Breck Dickinson ElCentro. Ca. Almost guaranteed Cinnamon. Awsome adventure. It is a species hunt not a meat hunt. ElCentro is West of Yuma, Az and east of San Diego.check him out on face book.
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/24/24 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by StevieRay54
Breck Dickinson ElCentro. Ca. Almost guaranteed Cinnamon. Awsome adventure. It is a species hunt not a meat hunt. ElCentro is West of Yuma, Az and east of San Diego.check him out on face book.

Yeah, I’ve contacted him. He’s booked out until 27/28….

I just have to weigh if it’s worth the travel and money to go shoot just a couple birds. Would be the closest to a sure thing for a cinnamon though.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/24/24 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BradyBuck
Originally Posted by StevieRay54

Yeah, I’ve contacted him. He’s booked out until 27/28….

I just have to weigh if it’s worth the travel and money to go shoot just a couple birds. Would be the closest to a sure thing for a cinnamon though.

No no. Don't go trying to put common $ sense to hunting ducks. That's a rabbit hole that's deep and dark. Just do it. You have a moral duty to hunt ducks in Cali next season.

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/24/24 11:01 PM

I know some guys that did a diy hunt in Southern California on a public marsh and shot some nice cinnamon teal. They spent a week there, hunted hard and got into a handful of them. That's all I know.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 12:28 PM

I’ve shot just one cinnamon teal and it was South of Yuma in Mexico. You probably couldn’t hunt there now… we “probably” weren’t supposed to hunt there then, but it was below San Luis close to Mexicali. I was probably 14 years old. That area had ducks everywhere.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 05:31 PM

I wouldn’t mess with it, they taste the same as BWT….
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I wouldn’t mess with it, they taste the same as BWT….

they are a little spicier
Posted By: garrett

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 06:53 PM

Cinnamon is a highly over rated spice, pass
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by garrett

Cincinnati style chili enters the chat....!!! roflmao Also that chili is garbage, I've had it.
Posted By: Greg

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by garrett

Re: Looking for Cinnamon Teal - 01/25/24 11:55 PM

So yall stating new mexico, where would you go? The southwest corner of the state?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum