Texas Hunting Forum

doves in Haskell area

Posted By: PROLINE19

doves in Haskell area - 08/04/23 03:53 PM

any doves around?
Posted By: pervis

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/07/23 03:30 AM

Was out last week. Saw very few. What i did see flew at dark. Way past shooting light.

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/07/23 03:06 PM

need some rain and cooler wx to hopefuly bring them out of hiding.
Posted By: smirly22

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/18/23 04:10 PM

The best dove hunts i have ever went on were in Haskell area. Must have been 15yrs ago. Our buddies left the area and we didn't get a chance to go back. Loved hunting that area.
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/18/23 04:21 PM

Have only seen a handful in Abilene, just a little south of haskell. Unless you know someone with land, it’ll be hard to find somewhere that won’t charge you out the wazoo. I’ve been looking for two months now and haven’t had but a couple prospects, and the cheapest of those was $2500 for the season. I hope your luck is better than mine.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/18/23 04:56 PM

My LO lives west of Throckmorton and a few years back, I've seen his fields be just short of Argentina. Unreal, maybe a slight exaggeration but limits in 20-25 minutes. Those back to back harsh winters put an end to that. I am hopeful things are better this year than the last 2.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/25/23 12:47 PM

Back to the heat.
[Linked Image]

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/25/23 03:28 PM

heat and no rain.
Posted By: Booner1

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/25/23 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonuv
Have only seen a handful in Abilene, just a little south of haskell. Unless you know someone with land, it’ll be hard to find somewhere that won’t charge you out the wazoo. I’ve been looking for two months now and haven’t had but a couple prospects, and the cheapest of those was $2500 for the season. I hope your luck is better than mine.

There is some public hunting land out just SW of Aspermont that has some dove on it . $48 bucks for a annual public hunting permit might be worth it .
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/27/23 01:25 PM

When I take my evening walk around the neighborhood here on the north end of Sweetwater, I imagine popping the doves I see everywhere, and limit out in minutes.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: doves in Haskell area - 08/27/23 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nolanco
When I take my evening walk around the neighborhood here on the north end of Sweetwater, I imagine popping the doves I see everywhere, and limit out in minutes.

There are definitely town birds. If you're hunting a field close to a town you should do ok.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum