Posted By: Biscuit

Re: 200 ducks - 12/01/21 11:12 PM

👍👍
Posted By: Guy

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 12:25 AM

Would make a good skillet shot…
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 02:43 AM

Lots of whistlers. I’ve never shot or ate one. Anybody here tried eating one? Getting to be a lot of them in my part of Texas. I’m out on the Muscovy ducks though.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Lots of whistlers. I’ve never shot or ate one. Anybody here tried eating one? Getting to be a lot of them in my part of Texas. I’m out on the Muscovy ducks though.

I've shot and ate many of them. Very good to eat.
Posted By: Streater

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 03:28 PM

The BEST eating duck in the marsh. By far. I'd eat a squeeler before a wood duck or teal. FANTASTIC table fare.
Posted By: Guy

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Streater

The BEST eating duck in the marsh. By far. I'd eat a squeeler before a wood duck or teal. FANTASTIC table fare.

I hear Muscovy is good too.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 05:02 PM

Looks like that "See how many duck you see" in the DU magazines!
Posted By: wal1809

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

The city I work in is full of lakes. The lakes are full of ducks. They are domestic and sometimes the bigger lakes will have 300 maybe 400 blue bills. On several occasions we get calls about some people from the otherside of the globe catching muscovey ducks with a cast net.
Posted By: Schat

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 08:09 PM

[Linked Image]

The Black bellied tree ducks are great fine table fare, As well the Egyptian goose in the center of the photo. The Muscovy in Mexico that are Wild are good slow roasted . I would venture to say bread and popcorn feed park Muscovy & Mallards would not be the same.
Posted By: JDH875

Re: 200 ducks - 12/02/21 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by wal1809
Originally Posted by Guy

The city I work in is full of lakes. The lakes are full of ducks. They are domestic and sometimes the bigger lakes will have 300 maybe 400 blue bills. On several occasions we get calls about some people from the otherside of the globe catching muscovey ducks with a cast net.

Now that might be fun to watch!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum