Texas Hunting Forum

Dove Season This Year

Posted By: Stompy

Dove Season This Year - 10/09/21 11:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Slow hunt this morning so my hunters were having some fun.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/09/21 11:50 PM

Ha ha, it’s all about having fun. I been lucky this year with birds.
Posted By: sallysue

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/10/21 12:58 AM

Its been slow for me this year
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/10/21 04:42 AM

Had a sporty shoot just west of San Antonio this afternoon…was very slow until after 4:30 pm…and then it was “Katy bar the door”…! [Linked Image]
Posted By: mr. buck

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/14/21 06:09 PM

Stompy, the birds have been pouring in on us about 5 miles west of Moran. Just got a pic from my a guy I share a lease with and the powerline was sagging with doves. We've literally had zero birds until the last 3-4 days and now we are loaded up

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/14/21 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by mr. buck
Stompy, the birds have been pouring in on us about 5 miles west of Moran. Just got a pic from my a guy I share a lease with and the powerline was sagging with doves. We've literally had zero birds until the last 3-4 days and now we are loaded up

That’s good news!

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/14/21 08:37 PM

Had a few more here this morning but not like that. Talked to an outfitter buddy in Wichita falls yesterday and he said his fields were loaded.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/14/21 09:14 PM

First time ive ever been able to hunt my own place. Last weekend my brother BIL and I put in a few hours in the afternoon and got about 30 birds between the 3 of us. If my shooting would have held up to theirs I bet we would have got a few more lol.

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/16/21 12:53 AM

They have arrived. [Linked Image]

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/16/21 01:46 AM

Sweet! clap
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/16/21 11:54 AM

That's awesome John!
Posted By: decook

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/16/21 12:52 PM

Finally. That's what I wanted to read. Gongrats Stompy, glad they came. That looks like a haul.
Posted By: TOO

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/18/21 02:15 AM

Cleb, the brothers were out again as was a father & first time dove hunting 14 yr old son.

Cody limited out before 5pm, the 14 y.o. rookie took 10 and should have limited. The other brother & dad missed plenty of birds but still put a lot on the ground.

We need more hunters each hunt, we're solid with birds.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by cleboje
Had a sporty shoot just west of San Antonio this afternoon…was very slow until after 4:30 pm…and then it was “Katy bar the door”…! [Linked Image]

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/18/21 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by TOO
Cleb, the brothers were out again as was a father & first time dove hunting 14 yr old son.

Cody limited out before 5pm, the 14 y.o. rookie took 10 and should have limited. The other brother & dad missed plenty of birds but still put a lot on the ground.

We need more hunters each hunt, we're solid with birds.

[Linked Image]

I definitely want to get another hunt in before the first split goes out…please let me know if you have a spot for me this or next weekend…!
Posted By: Ruger#1

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/20/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Stompy
They have arrived. [Linked Image]

John,
Just wanted to say thanks again for a great weekend. Everyone enjoyed it, and we are already planning next year. I'll be in touch.

Glenn,

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/20/21 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ruger#1
[
John,
Just wanted to say thanks again for a great weekend. Everyone enjoyed it, and we are already planning next year. I'll be in touch.

Glenn,

Thanks Glenn, great bunch of guys, looking forward to next time.
Posted By: browning66

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/20/21 04:42 PM

Dove has been really slow until this past weekend in Bell County. Killed 9 on Saturday and on Sunday. Cold weather seems to have moved them in. Hope to go out and find more today.
Posted By: xintx

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/22/21 06:41 PM

we went to nolan county the 2nd weekend and hit 3 friday night and sunflower tops saturday. assumed it was gonna be another one of THOSE seasons.

last week of september,, after the front, i must of seen 9 huge flocks flying from lubbock to post

took my son out to coleman county the 2nd week of october and limited in 2.5 hours each day.

i felt like a storm chaser. lol but i really wanted my son to get the feeling of a GOOD dove hunt. all smiles this time. thankful.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 02:48 AM

They got 8 more days to get down here!!!!

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 10:57 AM

I think second season in December is going to real good again this year.

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3

TCM3, I saw 200+ sitting on a power line the other day. That was near Ransoms in Montgomery. The most I ever saw in this county.
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 12:11 PM

I think second season in December is going to real good again this year.
Save me a seat.
up
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by decook
Originally Posted by TCM3

TCM3, I saw 200+ sitting on a power line the other day. That was near Ransoms in Montgomery. The most I ever saw in this county.

holy cow!!!!!! I still ain't seen nothing... However, I got most of last years dove in the December season.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/23/21 10:09 PM

elmer
Posted By: angus1956

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/24/21 09:14 AM

Love that Beretta A303, i have 3 of them great field gun.

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/24/21 08:58 PM

This was my last weekend for dove hunting, time to let thing quieten down for deer season. I may do a few day hunts during the second split season if there's some birds.
I wanted to give a BIG THANKS to all my THF friends for coming out this year.
Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/29/21 07:01 PM

This was my last weekend for dove hunting, time to let thing quieten down for deer season. I may do a few day hunts during the second split season if there's some birds.
I wanted to give a BIG THANKS to all my THF friends for coming out this year.

Always looking forward to the next bird hunt!

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/29/21 07:57 PM

Have a dove assault plan laid out to finish up the first split...detailed planning is completed...critical supplies are on hand...strategy includes multiple options...only one thing remains uncontrolled...the birds.

Re: Dove Season This Year - 10/31/21 04:29 AM

Day One of the first split final weekend dove assault…hunted with TOO…we had a plan…and the birds showed up TOO…! [Linked Image]
Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Dove Season This Year - 11/01/21 02:56 PM

Nice shotgun

Re: Dove Season This Year - 11/01/21 04:59 PM

I finished out my season Friday/Saturday morning in the central zone Stiles Farms. Shot 8 but lost 2 in the tall grass mad
Saturday I did a lot of walking but didn't connect on ay birds - they were GONE. Amazing how fast they clear an area. Oh well, I'll leave some seed for next year. This year was the best season I've ever had.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum