Texas Hunting Forum

Teal Tags

Posted By: BradyBuck

Teal Tags - 08/31/21 02:46 PM

Everyone ready for teal season?

Make sure you get your tags this year.
Posted By: 2flyfish4

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 02:52 PM

Tags are as hard to find as steel shot right now.
Posted By: jseago

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 03:15 PM

Just gonna use the ones I had left over from last season
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 06:13 PM

Is Academy still running the Kent special where a flat of teal steel is $25 off when you purchase your teal tags?
Posted By: cleboje

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 06:58 PM

Guy at Academy was telling me the teal tags are mandatory this year and that mr. green jeans won't allow them to be used on boot-lips anymore...
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by cleboje
Guy at Academy was telling me the teal tags are mandatory this year and that mr. green jeans won't allow them to be used on boot-lips anymore...

What about rainbow teal?
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 07:31 PM

Just be sure and take them by the closest Check Station, to have them checked for Lead Shot before you head home.

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Is Academy still running the Kent special where a flat of teal steel is $25 off when you purchase your teal tags?

Haha! Nice...
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by LarryCopper

What about rainbow teal?

That an Austin thing?
Posted By: rickym

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

What about rainbow teal?

That an Austin thing?

They migrate to Austin from California clap
Posted By: Cajun Raider

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 08:20 PM

Don't forget to sign across the front.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 08:38 PM

Got my teal tags off ebay I saved a bunch
Posted By: bobcat1

Re: Teal Tags - 08/31/21 10:18 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Guy

Re: Teal Tags - 09/04/21 08:03 PM

Walmart currently has plenty of teal tags, but you better go get’m now before they run out. And if the clerk gives you a deer in the headlight look when ask for them, demand to speak to the manager, they are clueless sometimes!
Posted By: DUKFVR

Re: Teal Tags - 09/04/21 08:26 PM

New guys , there are no real tags. This crap is so old it smells like dinosaur crap. Just ignore this stuff.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Teal Tags - 09/04/21 08:42 PM

Does this years still have to be laminated after you sign it?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Teal Tags - 09/04/21 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by DUKFVR
New guys , there are no real tags. This crap is so old it smells like dinosaur crap. Just ignore this stuff.

Party pooper.....I’m sure you’re a big hit at parties and family reunions.... rolleyes

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Party pooper.....I’m sure you’re a big hit at parties and family reunions.... rolleyes

He is mrs excitement in the duck blind I bet…
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 01:33 AM

They are only required if you want to be part of the harvest study. Ask for them when you get hip.

[Linked Image]

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 02:39 AM

Not much for azzclowns! This crap about teal tags got old long ago.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 08:35 AM

Such love for a joyful life there.....You sound like someone that would be loads of fun to be around.....hope you find joy in your life....sounds like you need some....

Cheers.... cheers

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 12:56 PM

Such love for a joyful life there.....You sound like someone that would be loads of fun to be around.....hope you find joy in your life....sounds like you need some....

Cheers.... cheers

I couldn't be happier! Sitting at my ranch enjoying life!
Posted By: rickym

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 02:20 PM

Some things bring certain people more joy than others, some have a different sense of humor. While I agree teal tags have gotten old, it’s still funny to trick the few new comers every year.

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 03:29 PM

You can't expect everyone to have a sense of humor and tradition. iIt had me going first time I saw it, a couple goggle searches I knew it was a joke. I thought it was funny then, still do. 2008 on a duck lease, a guy on the lease asked me where he could get some teal tags, he has been driving all around looking. I LMAO over that. If you don't think that is funny, you just a big stick in the mud.

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
You can't expect everyone to have a sense of humor and tradition. iIt had me going first time I saw it, a couple goggle searches I knew it was a joke. I thought it was funny then, still do. 2008 on a duck lease, a guy on the lease asked me where he could get some teal tags, he has been driving all around looking. I LMAO over that. If you don't think that is funny, you just a big stick in the mud.

To me it is as funny as snipe hunting at night with a burlap bag. Fell for that one about 50 years ago and still laugh at how hard I hunted that night.

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

To me it is as funny as snipe hunting at night with a burlap bag. Fell for that one about 50 years ago and still laugh at how hard I hunted that night.
Posted By: Hailyeah

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 06:27 PM

My dog laughed. But he's young and this was new to him. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Teal Tags - 09/05/21 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Originally Posted by Guy

I have taken a few people Snipe hunting in my life. wink Got my permit years ago.

[Linked Image]

Re: Teal Tags - 09/06/21 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Guy

It is funny!

It's also funny when people on here get bent out of shape over it.
Posted By: shalor

Re: Teal Tags - 09/06/21 01:34 PM

I hope there’s more teal than dove or I’m not going to need many tags. My sunflower field already had smart dove in it on hunt number two. Resident birds knew something was up. No mojo action at all.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum