Texas Hunting Forum

Greenhead limit before school

Posted By: Avian Assassins

Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:15 PM

My 4 year old ask me every night before bed if we are huntin in the morning so, I went and found some birds on a property we have yesterday afternoon and we got a quick mallard limit this morning before he had to be at school.

Needless to say, he was pumped. That face says it all.

Posted By: cannon88

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:16 PM

Awesome! Memories for sure, and a nice strap!
Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:18 PM

awesome man! you cant beat that! my wife is pregnant now, and i cannot wait to start making these memories
Posted By: rickym

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:24 PM

Awesome! He really seems to be enjoying it, id say you got a little duck hunter on your hands. It'll be really cool when he can shoot your cripples on the water with a 410 up

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: WreakinHavoc
awesome man! you cant beat that! my wife is pregnant now, and i cannot wait to start making these memories

This is his first season to start going and now I cant go without him unless I want to hear about it for a week. My wife is also expecting our 3rd boy right now...

Won't be long now till all my hunting buddies have to find other places to go to make room for my "Brady Bunch"

He sure has made it a lot more fun though

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: rickym
Awesome! He really seems to be enjoying it, id say you got a little duck hunter on your hands. It'll be really cool when he can shoot your cripples on the water with a 410 up

he ask all the way to the hole this morning if he could bring his BB gun and "shoot em in the eye!"

roflmao
Posted By: RayB

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 02:57 PM

If he wants to go take him, you will be shocked at how fast they are grown and gone. My bouncing baby boy will be 32 New Years Eve. Seams like he was born last year.
Posted By: TXCrossTimbers

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 03:18 PM

That is a great way to start a school day!

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: TXCrossTimbers
up
Posted By: WreakinHavoc

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Barny Topwater
If he wants to go take him, you will be shocked at how fast they are grown and gone. My bouncing baby boy will be 32 New Years Eve. Seams like he was born last year.

gahh dang man, I read your quote and hit me in the feels lol brought me back to when I lost my dog this past January
Posted By: aghntr10

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 04:23 PM

Hey I want to go shoot a limit of greenheads before work, I can call you daddy if needed!

Love seeing pictures of the kids, took my 20 month old for her first sit in the deer stand earlier this year. I can't wait to get her behind the gun.
Posted By: trigger time

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 04:35 PM

My son got into duck hunting for the first time this year, now I can't get him in a deer stand if theres water around. He's actually got me taking my shotgun this weekend.
Posted By: Bucks and Ducks

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Avian Assassins
up

If they still take naps he will have a helluva one cheers

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: aghntr10
Hey I want to go shoot a limit of greenheads before work, I can call you daddy if needed!

Love seeing pictures of the kids, took my 20 month old for her first sit in the deer stand earlier this year. I can't wait to get her behind the gun.

roflmao That's the same boat I'm in now, he's already hooked. Now just can't wait till he gets some trigger time in a few more years.
Posted By: LTC Realty

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 06:43 PM

He may have had fun with you, but I bet his teachers will be hating you towards the end of the day when the tiredness really kicks in haha
Posted By: Hopedale

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Bucks and Ducks
up

If they still take naps he will have a helluva one cheers

I was just thinking when nap time rolls around, he's going to be out like a champ.

Way to go Dad. up
Posted By: aghntr10

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Young Gun 12
He may have had fun with you, but I bet his teachers will be hating you towards the end of the day when the tiredness really kicks in haha

Who cares! Besides, he is only 4. I am sure whatever kind of school he is in includes nap time.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 07:56 PM

Glad to see he is ready to go. My oldest had no interest in hunting and I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't have a son/daughter hunting with me. About 14 years ago we had the opportunity to adopt. Now my youngest is 14 and, though we're late to get back to hunting I can't imagine going without him.

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 08:26 PM

luckily he's only in pre-k and it was PJ and movie day with Santa. I'd be willing to bet that he didn't make it 5 minutes into those movies.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/14/17 09:41 PM

Posted By: WatersFowler

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/15/17 05:28 PM

he ask all the way to the hole this morning if he could bring his BB gun and "shoot em in the eye!"

roflmao

The correct answer to that question is "yes, yes you can"!!!
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/15/17 06:39 PM

Thanks for posting. That right there is as good as it gets!
Posted By: TxDuck24

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/15/17 07:37 PM

Outstanding
Posted By: Hunt Dog

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/15/17 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: WatersFowler

roflmao

The correct answer to that question is "yes, yes you can"!!!

The legally correct answer is 'Sorry Bud but you can't' unless you really want to get him started early with the GW.

But good going taking him and getting the limit.
Posted By: JKib

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/15/17 10:03 PM

That's awesome! Memories to last a lifetime right there!
Posted By: bass101

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/16/17 11:10 AM

Awsome
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Greenhead limit before school - 12/16/17 06:50 PM

aim
Well said,rickym. It took my six year old grand son with his .410 and a box of steel#6.
He would shoot every time the SHOOT was called, claiming every bird..What a memory.
laugh laugh
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum