Texas Hunting Forum

Motion Ducks jerk system

Posted By: LillyCreekHunter

Motion Ducks jerk system - 06/30/17 01:19 PM

Was looking into buying motionducks.com ultimate decoy spreader & jerk system and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on the product.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: LuckyDucker

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 06/30/17 01:42 PM

They're very easy to make. Hockey puck, old fiberglass tent poles and some elastic cord.
Posted By: HuntersAnonymous41

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 06/30/17 01:56 PM

I have been looking into them as well OP but have not heard too much beyond what is posted online or on social media. Never seen them in action either but for the price and what I've seen looks like it can do some positive out there in the field; but I am interested in the feedback as well.
Posted By: Imaguide

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 06/30/17 04:45 PM

My hundred pound Chesapeake would destroy that thing the first hot pass he made through the dekes.
Posted By: erv

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 06/30/17 06:07 PM

I agree with lucky ducker looks easy enough to make or just have two guys use jerk cords at the same time and same effect
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 07/05/17 04:20 PM

I got one last year from Santa Clause. Works great, what you see in the video is what you will get.

Only thing I did different was that I like to hook both "spreaders" to the jerk rig instead of only one like they recommend. If you go their way, it takes a LOT of string pulling to get the other side to move much. With both hooked up they'll still have some variation in the way they move, but easy to do with a lot less pulling.

And dogs are not a problem. They'll step right through it. They won't tear it up.
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 07/05/17 07:55 PM

I am still old school jerk cord.
Posted By: Guy

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 07/05/17 10:09 PM

I have to be desperate to use a jerk cord, hate messing with them, would rather drink coffee.
Posted By: yakinthebox

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 07/07/17 08:23 PM

I made one out of PVC and a 4way. Ran bungee through all ends with washers at the ends of the PVC. I'll try to find the YouTube link that I got the idea from. I modified mine slightly from the original YouTube video. Doesn't work too well if there is a lot of grass or anything in the water.

Here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg5XFxwfBec
Posted By: LarryCopper

Re: Motion Ducks jerk system - 07/07/17 08:33 PM

FIFY...

Originally Posted By: wal1809
I am still old school jerk cord.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum