Texas Hunting Forum

If you loved a Lab that's passed ...

Posted By: Cappy_TX

If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/12/16 05:02 PM

We lost our yellow male, Cappy, in April of 2012 at age 13. Remi, our yellow female who was not yet 12, passed in June of this year. I thought about taking the brass name tags off of their collars and having them attached to a bracelet to wear. But instead I decided to have new brass plates made with their name, location and dates of birth and passing. I bought an inexpensive brass bracelet, ordered the new plates from Gun Dog Supply and had them fashioned into this bracelet by a local jeweler. What do you think?

Posted By: sallysue

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/12/16 05:39 PM

Same here I still think of Ole Sally sue
Posted By: Charlie817

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/12/16 06:33 PM

Sorry for your loss Cappy. Awesome tribute. Lost my yellow 30 years ago, still think about him every day.
Posted By: TOMCAT21

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/12/16 10:40 PM

That is an awesome way to remember your pups!
Posted By: duckslayer1206

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/14/16 01:13 AM

Pretty good idea I don't wear jewelry though, but I have my first labs tags on my keys, I miss that dog, I never went anywhere in high school without her and she was the best lab I have ever owned and still haven't found one better. She will always be very hard to replace.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/14/16 01:43 AM

Neat thing to do.
It is awesome that a dog can be so much be part of your life that you will do that. Wonderful creatures that God gave us.
If I wore something like that from my Boz and Zorro, I would be in tears all of the time.
Posted By: Stompy

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/14/16 01:46 AM

My big yellow was named Jack, he died 3 years ago of cancer. Think of that dog everyday, I miss you my old friend.
Very nice Cappy.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: If you loved a Lab that's passed ... - 11/14/16 01:59 AM

A chocolate named Brandy. She died in my arms about 5 years ago. Hurt like hell.

Nice tribute Cappy.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum