Texas Hunting Forum

Sure hope it's dry enough!!!

Posted By: duckslayer1206

Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/20/15 04:25 PM

I'm hoping to go pick up my blind I built today, hoping its dry enough to get a trailer down to the pond. I gained access to my buddies aunts place, the land backs up to a river and has a decent size pond. We spent last week building a blind not caring about size or weight because we didn't have to move it anytime soon, so we thought. Built the blind, set it in place, camo the outside, brushed it in and began to think our season would turn around. Hunted last Sunday saw where the ducks were coming from, moved the blind for better cover. Monday went back out figured out how the ducks responded, which way they would come from and so on. Ducks were working perfect 2 gadwalls and a gwt down, with ducks still working. A guy was walking to the pond, thought that's weird. He came up and said I own this! And no one is allowed to hunt out here except for my son.... So after a friendly conversation we picked up decoys and left. I wasn't going to argue with the guy even know his mom the owner said we could hunt out here and do whatever we wanted. Talked to the owner, and I guess her son made her change her mind about access. Lesson learned I guess next time I'll get written permission. So today after the rains last week I hope to get my blind because I know her grandson and son have been hunting out of it all week. Just makes me mad that a persons word isn't what it use to be! Sorry bout the long post just had to rant haven't thought about it all week till my buddy told me his cousin has been shooting ducks all week on behalf of my hard work.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/20/15 06:40 PM

That sucks.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/21/15 01:48 AM

Really tough luck there.

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/21/15 02:12 AM

Idk if it's bad luck or what but of course it was too wet so hopefully later on this week, sure was a lot of empty hulls in there. But I guess it's their land so it is what it is.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/21/15 02:13 AM

Dang man, tough luck. Get your blind, and good luck with rest of season.

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/21/15 02:32 AM

Thank you sir and yes I'll get my blind this week. It will be back to public for my brother in law and I but it ain't duck hunting unless it's walking a mile with 50 lbs of gear on your back. Lol oh well
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Sure hope it's dry enough!!! - 12/21/15 02:49 PM

That sucks.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum