Texas Hunting Forum

Those high maintenance gas guns...

Posted By: Ramball36

Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 03:43 AM

Just got done cleaning my SX3, I haven't in over a year but decided I should after stepping on it with black mud all over my boots then cleaning it off in the pond 3 weeks ago. She was still cycling, just didn't have that good sharp "CHINK" sound when closing the bolt (not racist).

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 03:56 AM

My beretta was DISGUSTING day before yesterday, finally got er clean after I stripped it all the way down
Posted By: Going Green

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 04:01 AM

But... INERTIA!!! roflmao
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 03:36 PM

Go ahead and take the stock off and pull your action spring and clean any gunk. After neglecting the one in my browning gold for 10 years I had to replace it.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Go ahead and take the stock off and pull your action spring and clean any gunk. After neglecting the one in my browning gold for 10 years I had to replace it.

I'll knock that out in 2019
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 05:09 PM

10-4
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 05:10 PM

I'm seriously having to replace my recoil spring at least every two years on my berretta. Done with that thing.
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Those high maintenance gas guns... - 01/11/15 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ducknbass
I'm seriously having to replace my recoil spring at least every two years on my berretta. Done with that thing.

Why? I replaced it once. Thought I was going to need to again this past year, then switched oils. What are you spraying the action with? I use rem-oil now with better success.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum