Texas Hunting Forum

North Zone Opener

Posted By: Trej

North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 04:53 AM

Looks like we might get some decent weather for the opener. We will see how much it helps, if any. Anyone seeing any substantial numbers of birds? Only seeing a few teal here and there in my area...
Posted By: wal1809

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 12:13 PM

I would say that is rather optimistic outlook. I see nothing here to trigger a mass migration. Take lots of beer for the opener.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USND0413
Posted By: Erichugh22

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 02:42 PM

Still haven't seen much migration yet even up here in north dakota and montana, it's still in the 70's up here. Just a few local birds that have been here since I came up a month ago.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 03:22 PM

They migrated from somewhere. I don't have locals in these flooded fields where I've got good #'s of birds.
Posted By: Homey da Clown

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 08:53 PM

Gonna be a late start this year boys. Mostly bwt are all that are down and they are scattered pockets and a month late. Next Saturday may be the first opener I skip in 36 years. But to me the season begins when the birds get here...not when the
Feds shoot the start pistol.
Posted By: duckboogieman

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/25/14 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown
......the season begins when the birds get here...not when the
Feds shoot the start pistol.

This^^^^ and it won't be anytime soon. Guys in Canada are just now seeing strong October numbers and its almost November. 2-3 weeks late in Canada translates to 4-5 weeks late to Texas. Huge bummer but about par for the course.....
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 01:09 AM

Yep,

Wish season was nov 17 till february 17 with 12 day split dec 24 th
Posted By: chilled shot

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 01:31 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this cheers
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 02:16 AM

Gloom and doom. Y'all stay home, I'll be killing ducks.
Posted By: migr8tr

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 02:32 AM

I've been in ND for almost a month two days ago we shot half of a 5 man limit of BWT LoL there are a few little geese and a few snows just starting to show up here . Sunny and 65 for the last week and the same in canada . It's going to be a while before they get on the move
Posted By: mohunter

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 09:46 AM

Same ole story every year.
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/26/14 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: mohunter
Same ole story every year.

+1 If I wasn't at the hospital I'd be smacking ducks right now!! The great huge migration may not have started yet but I've got plenty birds to hunt.
Posted By: Streater

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/27/14 02:17 PM

I'll still kill the hell out of ducks this weekend. laugh
Posted By: aerangis

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/27/14 04:38 PM

Plenty of waterfowl at Hagermann. If they're there, I'd imagine there's a few here and there smile
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/27/14 11:21 PM

saw pretty good numbers during the youth opener... plenty of teal, woodies, and resident birds to fill the strap
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: North Zone Opener - 10/28/14 02:49 AM

You can't shoot anything if you stay at home. up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum