Texas Hunting Forum

Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota?

Posted By: Fishuhalik

Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 01:17 AM

So I had a trip planned to go to North Dakota this fall, leaving Oct 22 getting back Oct 29. My buddy had to back out due to some unseen complications & I need a driving buddy! It's a 1660 mile, 24 hour trip & I was planning on making it in a straight shot. I'll be taking my Chevy Cruise that gets around 35 mpg & will be staying with a buddy so lodging is free. I lived in the area & hunted it a ton so I promise, the waterfowl & pheasant hunting will be as good or better than you've ever experienced. We already have more decoys & gear than we need, so all you need is a valid driver's license, a good shotgun, & some warm camo clothes & chest waders. First yes gets the spot! Also, since I don't post here much, if a few fellow members could vouch for your general mental stability, I'd appreciate it. I really don't wanna wind up dead in a ditch somewhere between San Antonio & Nodak lol

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 01:27 AM

Total costs should be around $400-$450 including licenses. Here's a few pics of the last years action out there

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 01:31 AM

Totals last year was 43 pheasants & 99 ducks. & that was while working 80-120 hours a week. All birds were shot in an afternoon or morning hunt when I just happened to get off early enough to have a few hours of available daylight. Since I'll have almost a full week to scout & pattern birds, I fully expect some pretty epic hunts.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 01:34 AM

Pretty hardcore
Posted By: RayB

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 01:41 AM

Great offer!!
Posted By: TXPride

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:16 AM

Err...sometimes I wish i could make a living without having to work...

Nice offer, I'd take you up on it, but I'm already going to South Dakota the following week.

You going in future years? smile

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:20 AM

Yup. I'll be going every year til I can't walk through a CRP field any more smile
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:24 AM

Dang it! I just bought my ticket for the next week, in November, wish I had seen this earlier!
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:27 AM

Darn, if I was still in DFW, I would have taken you up on the offer. One of these days I would like to hunt North Dakota.

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:56 AM

Here's a few more pics to wet your whistle. Last year I was working 4a-8p for a solid month, right through the main migration & missed the whole thing. In 2012, I actually got out a couple times & boy was it something else! I didn't get to shoot at many of these birds since I only had the one day & didn't get to set up on em. Quite the spectacle though!

Posted By: Number 1 Barnie

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:57 AM

I would take you up on the offer but some of us are in college bang hell of an offer though!!
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 02:55 PM

I'm giving it a valid effort right now. I just need someone to cover two shifts and I'd be good to go
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:03 PM

Any chance they have wifi up there? I work from home, all I would need to do is make some calls in the afternoon and check e-mails.
Posted By: drake_taker

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:10 PM

Since you said the first "yes" gets it. Yes.

I'll jump on this and take you up on your fine offer.

As to mental stability. I'm a psychologist working for the Army, so I don't know if that makes me more or less stable smile

David

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:33 PM

You 100% sure drake taker? Last thing I need is another guy having to back out on me!!
Posted By: Aggieduck

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:34 PM

Guess I should have put yes in there

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:34 PM

I'll put in my leave form today if it's a go.

David

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:37 PM

& gonetotexas, we'll have cell reception all day but it's pretty much no mans land, so there's very few businesses & even fewer have wifi. My buddy's place has it but we could be 80+ miles from there, depending on where we find birds. This should go without saying, but just to be clear, we'll be hunting hard the whole week. Wake up by 3:30-4 & hunt/scout til the sun goes down

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:38 PM

Now, looking at the posts. It does appear Aggie put his name out there first. I'll defer to him on this one. If he wants the spot I'll let him.

David

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 03:42 PM

I'll let you two men figure it out. Wish I could take everyone but sleeping quarters are limited at my buddy's place.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 04:12 PM

Where at in North Dakota, nearest town?

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 05:21 PM

That's need-to-know info dogcatcher wink

We'll be scouting everywhere from Williston (headquarters) to Grenora to Crosby to Minot. It's a pretty big area!
Posted By: LTC Realty

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 06:45 PM

Ill get on that list in case those guys fall through!

Re: Who wants a free guided trip to North Dakota? - 09/24/14 08:11 PM

Well, looks like the seat will be filled. I have four guys in line right now. I'll keep y'all posted on how it goes. I'm stoked!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum