Texas Hunting Forum

They must have raised the daily limit to 30...

Posted By: beaversnipe

They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 12:33 AM

Tons of double dippers today!
wife confused2
Posted By: FishStickMan

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:13 AM

Aye
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:14 AM

There would a lot less of that if good citizens such as yourself would call the game warden or at least call them on their breaking the law. They just stole someone else's limit. It is not a victimless crime.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:16 AM

worthless

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Westtexan1
There would a lot less of that if good citizens such as yourself would call the game warden or at least call them on their breaking the law. They just stole someone else's limit. It is not a victimless crime.

True, but i ain't a snitch. Plus i just got on that lease and don't know anyone.
I made sure to shoot at 150 yard dove to make them change course for them.

Plus i saw a kid kill its first white egret while daddy was yellin NOOOO.

It was time to leave. bolt

Posted By: Ramball36

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:36 AM

That's a lot nicer than anonymously snitching beav
Posted By: Dave B

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 02:48 AM

Or the neighbor who doesn't have a plug in the gun. nidea aim aim aim aim aim aim
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave B
Or the neighbor who doesn't have a plug in the gun. nidea aim aim aim aim aim :aim

There was a lot of that going on north of Bartlett all day! I watched 3 guys on the hill unload 6 rounds into big flocks of dove! I guess I should have called the GW. Next year I'll make sure he is waiting for them! They had to be 100's over their limit! Hell I guess I will any way for this next weekend!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 03:55 AM

And late shooters.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:04 AM

Hey, can y'all answer this for me: is it 15 doves per day, period? Some random person I hunted with told me it's 15 doves in the morning and 15 in the evening, then another guy said on opening day it's 15 dove limit but after that it's 15 morning and 15 evening. This is only my second dove season so I thought I could have missed something.

Anyway, I told them they were both wrong and I hung it up at noon after I ate some of my 15 dove from the morning.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:06 AM

per day
Posted By: Ty_Hoe

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas
Hey, can y'all answer this for me: is it 15 doves per day, period? Some random person I hunted with told me it's 15 doves in the morning and 15 in the evening, then another guy said on opening day it's 15 dove limit but after that it's 15 morning and 15 evening. This is only my second dove season so I thought I could have missed something.

Anyway, I told them they were both wrong and I hung it up at noon after I ate some of my 15 dove from the morning.

What area you hunting GTT?
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 12:24 PM

I am not much of a dove hunter, but whenever I hear folks talk about it my impression is that more double dip than don't.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

Ask a gamewarden while checked on in the afternoon and see his reaction eek2
He might even perform a full cavity search, if your lucky.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 01:55 PM

Wish I would have shot one limit.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 02:02 PM

the rule is 15 birds PER DAY. You may have 30 in your possession AFTER THE FIRST DAY! There is no legal way you might have more than 15 birds on day number 1....
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 02:19 PM

I mis-counted my bag one year. I was one bird over.

$120.

When they get stung, they'll learn.
I count VERY carefully these days.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe

I made sure to shoot at 150 yard dove

So whats new?
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: reeltexan

$120.

I made myself a 550 cord dove lanyard. It has 15 pieces of 550 cord hanging from a key ring and each has a hangman slip knot at the end that way I kill one I put it on the lanyard and don't have to keep pulling them out to count them. When the lanyard is full I got my limit.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Rooster13

I made sure to shoot at 150 yard dove

So whats new?

I meant meters, not yards. Sorry roost
Posted By: TXGH

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 05:59 PM

Its per day.. I had a Hispanic family next to me double dipping. He tried to say it is 15 per location. That's when I waived the GW over who was checking people on the field. I then shared my concern with the GW. He then asked both of us to come with him. He took us to our cars, and asked to search. Of course I had no issue because I knew the law. The Hispanic family next to me had 30 birds int he cooler in their car and 28 in possession. There were two hunters in the family. The GW said I was free to go back to hunting. And the Hispanic family never came back to the field so I am not sure how harsh he was on them, but I hope he took their guns.

Also 3 times I shot a bird and it started to fall and 2 seconds later the family shot at the same bird then yelled YEAH! and then went to claim my bird. That is when I called the GW.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 06:14 PM

Dove tamales!
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

$120.

I made myself a 550 cord dove lanyard. It has 15 pieces of 550 cord hanging from a key ring and each has a hangman slip knot at the end that way I kill one I put it on the lanyard and don't have to keep pulling them out to count them. When the lanyard is full I got my limit.

Me likey! up

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
Its per day.. I had a Hispanic family next to me double dipping. He tried to say it is 15 per location. That's when I waived the GW over who was checking people on the field. I then shared my concern with the GW. He then asked both of us to come with him. He took us to our cars, and asked to search. Of course I had no issue because I knew the law. The Hispanic family next to me had 30 birds int he cooler in their car and 28 in possession. There were two hunters in the family. The GW said I was free to go back to hunting. And the Hispanic family never came back to the field so I am not sure how harsh he was on them, but I hope he took their guns.

Also 3 times I shot a bird and it started to fall and 2 seconds later the family shot at the same bird then yelled YEAH! and then went to claim my bird. That is when I called the GW.

Possibly you should have yelled "YEAH!" after each shot to confirm your kills? It may be a cultural thing.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:00 PM

Possibly you should have yelled "YEAH!" after each shot to confirm your kills? It may be a cultural thing.

Or you can buy a used border patrol truck and you ll had the whole field to yourself confused2

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:14 PM

^^^from what I can see they have more than a few not currently in use.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:31 PM

^^^^ result of people voting for the wrong party
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:43 PM

Quote:
Or you can buy a used border patrol truck and you ll had the whole field to yourself confused2

Your dove hunt would have been ruined by people "surrendering" to you...

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
Quote:

Your dove hunt would have been ruined by people "surrendering" to you...

Or i could have given them a ticket by escaping the scene under investigation and one for stirring the birds up

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:50 PM

Didnt realize dovehunting was soo political

Rooster, i blame it on you

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:52 PM

happy3
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 07:59 PM

Didnt realize dovehunting was soo political

Rooster, i blame it on you

Sorry 'bout that...my fault entirely. I now return you to your regularly scheduled dove hunting discussion. cheers
Posted By: rifleman

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 08:03 PM

What's wrong with 30?....can have 2 days limit in possession....

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman

...said the guy in the field at the GW at 8 pm with a six pack hung on his belt

All rise!
Posted By: TexasEd

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 08:22 PM

Yeah, yesterday's limit and today's limit when returning home from a weekend hunt.

That doesn't fly too well on opening day or when you're caught in the field with them.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 09:04 PM

OK that's funny.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 09:17 PM

nm.
Posted By: rdh1

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 09:20 PM

after tomorrow you may have
Central Zone
Zone Map
Regular Season Sept. 1 - Oct. 20, 2014
Dec. 19, 2014 - Jan. 7, 2015

Daily Limit: 15 white-winged, mourning and white-tipped doves in the aggregate, to include no more than 2 white-tipped
Possession Limit: Three times the daily bag limit
in which i count is 45 birds
then I have to start eating birds yea!!
Posted By: Merican Duck Hunter

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/02/14 11:07 PM

Originally Posted By: catslayer
the rule is 15 birds PER DAY. You may have 30 in your possession AFTER THE FIRST DAY! There is no legal way you might have more than 15 birds on day number 1....

Partly Inaccurate
Posted By: rifleman

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 02:40 AM

...said the guy in the field at the GW at 8 pm with a six pack hung on his belt

All rise!

Post date the birds...sometimes works with checks, why not try it with birds.
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan

$120.

that's a good idea, I take 15 coins with me in one pocket, when I get one, I put a coin in the other pocket
Posted By: Westtexan1

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 01:46 PM

People who do that are low character people. Taking double limits is the same as being a shoplifter. It sounds a lot of you are hunting on fields where you don't know everyone hunting around you. If your hunting with one of the day lease outfits I am sure that the outfitter would be more than happy to confront those that are shooting past their limit because it is potentially taking money out of their pocket. Not being a snitch is one thing when your in grade school but when someone is breaking the law and you have the opportunity to report those individuals to be held accountable for their actions is a whole different issue.
Posted By: JoeCowboy

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 02:00 PM

Are you sure they were saying "YEAH" and not "GOOOOAAAALLLL"
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 02:22 PM

I double dipped too. 3 dove in the morning and 3 more in the afternoon. It was a slow day for us.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 02:35 PM

It is crazy the rules that are broken on opening day.

Things we see all of the time, every year:
Getting pelted by the neighbors shot from another piece of property, on the other side of the road.
Double limits, and brag about it confused2
Shooting misc birds as "practice." (not pigeons and sparrows, and not an accident)
Continued shooting after sunset.

It is amazing that they even bother waiting for dove season at all.
Posted By: Storemski89

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 09:12 PM

A guy down the road from me got busted for having milo in multiple deer feeders that he was hunting over. And when the GW got there they found weed in the guys truck. We didnt hear very many shots after that.

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/03/14 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Storemski89
A guy down the road from me got busted for having milo in multiple deer feeders that he was hunting over. And when the GW got there they found weed in the guys truck. We didnt hear very many shots after that.

Thats what doveweed will do to you
Posted By: fil-e

Re: They must have raised the daily limit to 30... - 09/04/14 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Storemski89

Thats what doveweed will do to you

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum